Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Burger Boy Coach Gets Kids Suspended from High School Softba

by Iluvblue » Mon May 04, 2009 11:12 am

I'll comment. The travel ball coach, regardless of the issue of his scruples, is not the problem here. He is not a part of high school and isn't governed by CIF rules.

It's the players and their parents that are accountable for the rule violation. It's their responsibility to know the eligibility rules and to make their decisions within those guidlines.

Inexcusable.

BS,

Travel coaches deal with this rule EVERY YEAR. they need to protect their players and not put them in a position like the one described in the OP.

And am i for real? yeah, i coached both HS and travel for 12 years now. Most Freshman parents dont have a clue about the actual rules.

hell, they all think if you have travel practice on a Sunday you need to call it a "Clinic," to avoid trouble.

Most HS coaches dont even know the darn rule.
They think they do, but they dont.
Iluvblue

by Gone in 2.6 » Mon May 04, 2009 11:23 am

Iluvblue wrote:I'll comment. The travel ball coach, regardless of the issue of his scruples, is not the problem here. He is not a part of high school and isn't governed by CIF rules.

It's the players and their parents that are accountable for the rule violation. It's their responsibility to know the eligibility rules and to make their decisions within those guidlines.

Inexcusable.

BS,

Travel coaches deal with this rule EVERY YEAR. they need to protect their players and not put them in a position like the one described in the OP.

And am i for real? yeah, i coached both HS and travel for 12 years now. Most Freshman parents dont have a clue about the actual rules.

hell, they all think if you have travel practice on a Sunday you need to call it a "Clinic," to avoid trouble.

Most HS coaches dont even know the darn rule.
They think they do, but they dont.

It's called accountability.

If you violate a rule it is you, the violator, who is responsible. Not a coach who gave you bad advice that is not even affiliated with the governing body. You the parent have to own it. And if you didn't know, it is YOUR FAULT that you didn't know.

One time we were given bad information by the actual HIGH SCHOOL coach. DD was put on the varsity track team her freshman year after she had transferred from another school 6 weeks into the school year. He assured us this was okay. We checked with CIF and found out it was not and she was moved down to JV.

We didn't know a damn thing about track or eligibility rules. Thankfully we didn't consider that an excuse which would have submarined the entire track team (80 people?).

The travel coach may be unscrupulous and a bad guy, but the parents have to own the forfeits and owe their school an apology.
"And as I watch you disappear into the ground
My one mistake was that I never let you down"
Gone in 2.6

Previous

Return to CA