Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Burger Boy Coach Gets Kids Suspended from High School Softba

by TravelSoftballDad » Fri May 01, 2009 4:29 pm

softballmom3 wrote:Wow it's amazing how much you know about all this. You even know
the scores of the friendlies these girls supposedly played.
It makes me wonder if for you had something to do with reporting this
coach and these girls for your own self-gratification or personal conflict
with this coach. If it was you I feel really sorry for you that you don’t have
anything better to do than put some great girls in jeopardy!!!!!!!!
However you implied that these girls knowingly broke rules because of
the encouragement of their coach. Well let me tell you these girls were told
that CIF rules had changes and they were in no way breaking any kind of
CIF rules. I know these girls and they would never knowingly break any rules
and put themselves, their teams, or their high school in jeopardy. If you don’t
know all the facts, don’t put it in a blog!!!!

"Ummmm...they changed the rules for you three this morning. Now get on out there and let's win this thing!" C'mon...Pahleeeze :roll: :lol: :oops:

I imagine these young ladies probably are hard working & skilled athletes. Unless told otherwise, I'll have to assume they are not new to travel and didn't pick up a bat for the first time the weekend prior to this incident. With that said, mom and dad are probably not new either. Spare us...it sucks for the girls that they got caught but don't blame whomever decided to roll on them. Don't minimize the coach's actions either...unsat!

How many games did your DD end up being suspended? :o

Thanks for bringing this back to life :D
TravelSoftballDad

by GSB » Sat May 02, 2009 8:54 pm

artomatic wrote:
NumeroUno wrote:After a few jacks you aint so bad. ;)

yeah, well, need I remind you about the last time you said "After a few jacks you aint so bad"...

:o

Does she play 12U or 14U. LOL
To each their own.
GSB

by anonlooker » Sun May 03, 2009 7:10 am

I'm still curious... did the players actually get suspended from their HS teams? Were there any other ramifications?
Are they still on that TB team? Or did they switch teams mid-season? :o
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by Iluvblue » Sun May 03, 2009 8:02 am

If the kids were kicked off the HS team or caused the HS team to forfeit games, there is only one place where the blame belongs. That is with the TRAVEL COACH.

The players themselves have no clue what the rule is, nor should they have to worry about it.

The parents of these kids, if they are like most parents, dont have a clue what the rule is.

The travel coach is the one who should no what the rule is.

Funny, ust 2 days ago I had on eof my players email me asking me to send her the rule or a link to the rule because her HS coach was telling her that she could have cost her team a playoff shot for warming up pitchers while in Fresno.

I have 5 varsity HS players on my team. And when they are available they sit in the dugout, warm up pitchers, toss balls for soft toss or help shag wiffles at our tournaments.

The rule is clear, the players can not PLAY in a GAME while they are still playing games for the HS. My 14u player was printing out the rules herself so she could go and educate her HS coach. (which I thought was wonderful that she wasnt going to just take the HS coach's lashing)

Id guess that not many people have actually even gone and looked the rule up. Remember, those of us that visit this site are not the norm. The avg player/coach/parent is not all that knowledgeable on thew rules.
Iluvblue

by Intel » Sun May 03, 2009 12:05 pm

Our HS coach as part of the manditory parent meeting before the season reviewed the CIF rule as it pertains to Travel ball players. Parents if they do not know the rules need to educate themselves.
Intel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Nzane » Sun May 03, 2009 2:23 pm

softballmom3 wrote: If you don’t

How about this. IF YOU DON'T KNOW ALL THE FACTS, DON'T PLAY IN THE GAME.
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by Nzane » Sun May 03, 2009 3:41 pm

softballmom3 wrote:Wow it's amazing how much you know about all this. You even know
the scores of the friendlies these girls supposedly played.
It makes me wonder if for you had something to do with reporting this
coach and these girls for your own self-gratification or personal conflict
with this coach. If it was you I feel really sorry for you that you don’t have
anything better to do than put some great girls in jeopardy!!!!!!!!
However you implied that these girls knowingly broke rules because of
the encouragement of their coach. Well let me tell you these girls were told
that CIF rules had changes and they were in no way breaking any kind of
CIF rules. I know these girls and they would never knowingly break any rules
and put themselves, their teams, or their high school in jeopardy. If you don’t

You know, I started thinking about this. The girls and their parents DIDN'T KNOW?? Well, a hint could be that there are NO OLDER 14u teams playing. How about, where any of their HS teamates playing? Come on. They didn't know?? I call bs here. And Softballmom, your post is, well, just...ahh, I won't even say it...lol!
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by softballmom3 » Mon May 04, 2009 9:41 am

Spazsdad wrote:
If you don’tknow all the facts, don’t put it in a blog!!!!

But that's what blogging is all about. :lol:

So to bog is to tell lies, I feel sorry for you!!!

This thread was all dead and gone and now you had to go and resurrect it. Since you mention it, sorry I don't buy the"we didn't know" line. Wasn't anyone curious as to why these players were the only HS freshman in SoCal playing travel on a Sunday?

There were many more HS players, that was there and told they were not breaking rules,
these girls never played travel and believed their coach. Why would a coach lie?
So your mightier than thou additute, you can just put it where it belongs and get
over yourself!!! Oh and there wasn't ever a thread or a threat!!!
I will not stand back a let anyone say anything about these girls, you can say
all you want about their coach but not he girls. I guess it makes you feel good
about yourselves to talk harshly about 14 year old girls. I feel sorry for you!!!

Wow it's amazing how much you know about all this.

Are you speaking to someone in particular or the board in general? If you mean the posters here, well then yes, there are usually many people that know a lot on any given subject. They are softball fanatics, hence the reason they are on a softball board.

And finally,
Welcome to the Bucket
softballmom3

by Gone in 2.6 » Mon May 04, 2009 10:46 am

lombardisoftball wrote:Sam, you are really twisted. Maybe you should re-read the post and comment on the content if you have an opinion, other than focusing on who I am.
I'm sure if you post your address, you may get free burger coupons from this guy, since you seem to have his back... Not really sure why you are behind him, other than you like the view there...

I'll comment. The travel ball coach, regardless of the issue of his scruples, is not the problem here. He is not a part of high school and isn't governed by CIF rules.

It's the players and their parents that are accountable for the rule violation. It's their responsibility to know the eligibility rules and to make their decisions within those guidlines.

Inexcusable.
"And as I watch you disappear into the ground
My one mistake was that I never let you down"
Gone in 2.6

by TravelSoftballDad » Mon May 04, 2009 11:04 am

Iluvblue wrote:The players themselves have no clue what the rule is, nor should they have to worry about it.

The parents of these kids, if they are like most parents, dont have a clue what the rule is.

The travel coach is the one who should no what the rule is.

The avg player/coach/parent is not all that knowledgeable on thew rules.

Are you for real !?!?! C'mon kid...
TravelSoftballDad

PreviousNext

Return to CA