Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

CA - ASA, TCS, USSSA or Friendliess

CA - ASA, TCS, USSSA or Friendlies which format of Tournaments do you prefer & Why?

ASA
57%
Triple Crown
32%
USSSA
4%
Friendlies
4%
Other
4%

Total votes : 28

by Fifteen's » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:04 pm

JustWondering wrote:I prefer the TCS Tournament because you are informed more often. The only thing I don't like is when they set up pool play playing another pool. Then you have 3 teams going 3-0 in 1 pool and 3 teams going 0-3 in another. It happens more often then you would think. If they are in your pool you should play them. Only complaint about TCS.

Amazing that a team can win their pool with an 0 -3 outing! :o :o :o
Fifteen's

by Killer Rabbit » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:44 pm

JustWondering wrote:I prefer the TCS Tournament because you are informed more often. The only thing I don't like is when they set up pool play playing another pool. Then you have 3 teams going 3-0 in 1 pool and 3 teams going 0-3 in another. It happens more often then you would think. If they are in your pool you should play them. Only complaint about TCS.

Alright, who's been pool hopping again?
Ice cream?! When the f**k did we get ice cream?!
Killer Rabbit
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bucndranch » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:17 pm

We are a bit stuck with TCS in So Ca if you want to get into tournament format. A few others now and again but you can find one TCS a month at least. They need a new format for setting up pools and elimination, in my opinion, or at least how they calc results as a prioir poster mentioned! Spring for balls too at those prices! Friendlies are our bread and butter, ASA is the way!!!
bucndranch

by Scoop n K » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:15 pm

So True. That is entirely the worst thing about TCS(other than paying 500$ and having to bring your own ball WTF?)
My team went 3-0 in BLD Cathedral city and got 2nd in pool. The teams we plowed, went 0-3 and and one of them played two more games than we ultimately ended up playing. How can you go 3-0 (in a pool where all 3 teams went 3-0) and get a tough draw and be done playing, while the 0-3 teams keep going...???? Makes no sense. Play within your pool!
Scoop n K
Premium Member
Premium Member

by anonlooker » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:34 pm

Scoop n K wrote:

So True. That is entirely the worst thing about TCS(other than paying 500$ and having to bring your own ball WTF?)
My team went 3-0 in BLD Cathedral city and got 2nd in pool. The teams we plowed, went 0-3 and and one of them played two more games than we ultimately ended up playing. How can you go 3-0 (in a pool where all 3 teams went 3-0) and get a tough draw and be done playing, while the 0-3 teams keep going...???? Makes no sense. Play within your pool!

Or win when it counts! :twisted:
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

Previous

Return to CA