Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Ricketts, Williams leave Sting?

by wadeintothem » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:46 pm

bob was 18G last year.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by Randomizer » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:52 pm

Bob went to go coach at the younger level because his daughter plays on the team.
Listen to my band 'cause I'm the Guitarzan
Randomizer

by wadeintothem » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:53 pm

I spoke with him a few weeks ago and thats exactly what he told me as well.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by proglfer » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:11 am

ILuvblue

Like I said you are talking ot of your a**. You need to go check the gold roster and look at who the gold manager is. I have not heard anyone come knocking on his door to coach his gold team and if he was such a stand up guy and if the organization had such a great reputation how come he can't recruit a coach? The only one he has is nothing but a dime a dozen high school coach with zero experience in the gold level. :D
proglfer

by Iluvblue » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:16 am

Apparently I knew enough to know why his players didnt follow him.

Recruit a Gold coach? It isnt like there are tons of great coaches out there sitting around. And now you are way off topic. You obviously dont like the man, like i said... ALLL good coaches will have people like you that sit back and complain about what they do. Name me ONE, just ONE gold coach from up this way that is very good, that doesnt have many detractors.

I have a feeling you wont be naming anyone.
Iluvblue

by downthepipe » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:23 pm

People can argue anything they want, but for families of the Sting Gold team, (if there really is one now) this is a mess. We are at fault for not noticing what has been going on. After last summer, players left saying they would never return because of turmoil or how poorly they felt they were treated. Some of those are now college players, but could have come back for this summer. Even though the coaches changed during the fall and Coach Bob moved down, things were still not organized and even more families decided to leave. Some key players stayed out of loyalty to the organization, but with doubts. Then coach Chris left a couple of months back, and then Coach John, who was far better in his abilities then Coach Bob. Then Ricketts, Williams, and Shultz left, after some families and coaches skirmished with Coach Bob, who was not even coaching the team. Now, at least one other key player has left, and at least three others are looking for teams. This is a disaster. We believed the hype, and that was a mistake, too. Sting has had one good run at Gold Nationals as said earlier, but we now know they also have only qualified for the tournament twice ever. Compare that with the Grapettes, Strike Zone, the Sorcerers or others. No team or coach is perfect , I guess, but at least others probably know if they really have a summer team.
downthepipe

by wadeintothem » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:13 pm

All that said - sorcerers with big K = big time contender.. and maybe the team to beat in the whole state.

God I love the gold!

Course I dont have to put up with the politics - for me its all gravy.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by Goldball4 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:05 pm

downthepipe,

You look like a player or parent on this team? Why would you be bashing them? Said you didn't sign up for this? Now loving the K-train move very much myself, I know for a fact that all the other players on Sting have stayed except for the 4. It's funny how all us parents just feel the need to bash others, maybe right , or wrong. But make sure when you talk about something, you know what the hell your talking about first. Don't just say things to stir the nasty pot up. Sting will be fine from what I've heard from a very close friend of mine on that team. But, we will be just a little better. Sorry , had to throw that in.
Goldball4

by proglfer » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:21 pm

Goldball4 I thought downthepipes post was legit and nothing negative about it. Just truthful is all and if you can't handle that then get off the boards. And FYI, I know for a fact two other players have left Sting Gold (Monchek for one) so who you trying to kid or are you another one talking out of your a**. It is a huge investment to play gold and the Sting families deserve to know the truth of what is going on and the ones that committed to Sting committed thinking they had a head coach with some credibilty, not to mention Ricketts.
proglfer

by Goldball4 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:46 pm

Wow Pro, your back attacking me again. Did you actually read my post? I agreed with the 4 leaving, that is including Monchek. But, I've been informed the rest stayed. So, besides ricketts, shulze, williams, and monchek, who has left? I don't know, they are the only ones I've heard. Just saying I believe they will be fine, according to friends. Whatever ! I just don't like talking like they know everything. Everyone knows for the last couple weeks , those kids are gone, so whats new, tell me and everyone how much you know about everything pro!!
Goldball4

PreviousNext

Return to CA