Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Ricketts, Williams leave Sting?

by Goldball4 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:17 am

DH, I didn't say replace with the same caliber as Ricketts. Williams is a different story. You don't just replace Ricketts caliber. I said they will get someone that just flat out throws it. But you are right about the pitching. It will be tough for anyone, if they don't have good pitching. Heard the other kids all stayed, and they are on the hunt for pitching.
Goldball4

by GoldTBfan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:04 pm

Now John leaving is a surprise. Must of really wanted to go to nationals to get out of Phils shadow, by leading a team himself. But, to just quit after Williams ,and ricketts leave? Pretty sad on his part.

From what I know of John, I don't think there is any truth to this statement. John left because of Perales' meddling with the team. If Bob wanted to be in charge he shouldn't have stepped down. His ego is big just like many of the other Gold coaches. Bob is the reason that Ricketts left, he will be the reason that others leave.

The Sting's loss is the Sorcerer's gain...Ricketts and Schultz only make them better. Now there are two very strong NorCal teams, Lady Magic being the other.
GoldTBfan

by Iluvblue » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:42 am

Bob is the reason that Ricketts left, he will be the reason that others leave.

You are kidding , right? Who were the SJ Sting before Bob started running the Gold team? Nobody.

I dont know anything about why players have left or why coaches have stepped down, but Bob has a proven track record. If other coaches in the organization have him around, maybe they should listen more and talk less.

And big ego?? That would be called confidence, and confidence comes from repeated success. Name me a successful coach that has no ego? And successful to me means over a period of time, not a one year coach that took over a good team. Most good coaches have some ego, that is why they are good.

Oh, and the players left to go to the guy with no ego..... Phil Mumma right?? LOL
Iluvblue

by Randomizer » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:56 am

If Bob is the "Sting organization" then he has the right to run any team any way that he sees fit. Sting player, parents and coaches also have a right to call bullsh*t and leave those teams for greener pastures. If you don't like it, then make your own organization.
My DD left his organization a while ago because we were sick of the favoritism, half truths and lack of loyalty that the organization showed many of it's own teams while coming up through the system.
Many coaches can pick talent but it is something altogether different to nurture talent and make a cohesive team out of it. Gold is a diffrent beast and requires a good strong coach & staff to mesh the talent in a very short period of time. Often times they come from different geographical locations and first meet each other at tournments. You also have to be able to play to the egos of the parents, players, coaches and everybody else that wants to put their two cents in....like this forum.
Listen to my band 'cause I'm the Guitarzan
Randomizer

by Iluvblue » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:43 am

lack of loyalty that the organization showed many of it's own teams while coming up through the system.

At this point, sting is not in this discussion. Can you name another Gold team that does show the loyalty that you speak of? I am not aware of any good gold team that takes only kids from younger ages, or even shows them preferential treatment for that matter. If there is one out there, please name them now.

Many coaches can pick talent but it is something altogether different to nurture talent and make a cohesive team out of it. Gold is a diffrent beast and requires a good strong coach & staff

Didnt the Sting Gold have quite a run at Gold nationals last year or the year before? Top ten or something. If so, doesnt that mean that the guy has already shown he has what it takes to do what you described above. Has there been another norcal GOLD team that has had a higher finish than Perales team a few years back? And Scorcerers title at 18u is not Gold, though I do consider that a great accomplishment.

And while I have not had a kid play for Sting, so I am not involved in the inside stuff, Perales sure doesnt strike me as someone that deals in half truths. I would think you know exactly where he stands when it comes to your kid and her ability.

And you are right, he can and should do whatever the heck he wants.
And parents ALWAYS get to do what they want, on every team and in every organization. If they arent happy, they leave, and the Sting isnt the first and they wont be the last to have some kids leave to go elsewhere.
Iluvblue

by Randomizer » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:31 pm

A little first hand knowledge of the organization would help to explain my statements.

I have no hard feelings towards Bob it just simply helped my DD more to leave and find a better fit for her down the road. Never the less, there still remains plenty of talented and committed players on that squad. I hope that others seeking a shot at Gold and college will step in and fill the voids left by the departing players and coach (if that is true).

We all "reap what we sow" but often times it effects others as well.
Listen to my band 'cause I'm the Guitarzan
Randomizer

by proglfer » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:30 am

Iluvblu

You said: "And while I have not had a kid play for Sting, so I am not involved in the inside stuff, Perales sure doesnt strike me as someone that deals in half truths. I would think you know exactly where he stands when it comes to your kid and her ability."

So basically you are talking out of you a**. It is not a fluke that all these players/coaches are leaving and if he is this awesome coach, how come not one player from last summer is coming back to play for him this summer? It was never a question that all this would blow up in Bob's face one day for how he treated so many players in the past but it was always a question of when and we all just found out.
proglfer

by Iluvblue » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:56 pm

So basically you are talking out of you a**.

No I am not. I have competed against Bob for quite a while now. I have spoken with Bob about softball related issues dozens of times. I think I know what kind of coach and person he is. Enough experience with the man to state my opinion.

And players not returning from last Summer????? Did he coach 14u last Summer? because that is what he is coaching this Summer. Hard for an 18 year old to follow him down to 14u. And stuff blowing up in his face and blah blah blah.

#Every Gold coach in norcal has people like you bashing them... at least the good ones.

Scorcerers??? Plaenty of bashers.

Strikezone?? Plenty of Bashers

Sting??? Plenty of Bashers

The list goes on and on.

You should go start your own team.
Iluvblue

by wadeintothem » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:21 pm

Wow...

Wonder if it had to do with Bob going to 14s.

I sure cant wait for memorial day, no matter who is playing where. Will be a great year for gold!
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by softballjunky12 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:40 pm

I believe Bob was with the 12's last summer.... and has moved up with his daughter to 14's this year. Regardless a strong organization with lots of talent. Coaching style is aggressive but still a very respectable organization.
softballjunky12

PreviousNext

Return to CA