Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Ricketts, Williams leave Sting?

by Goldball4 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:35 am

Ricketts now on Sorcerers roster! TY very much. Williams also leaving?
Goldball4

by Randomizer » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:44 pm

:roll: Ricketts and Kelly Schultz (her catcher) left to Sorcerer. It only makes sense that more signed players would eventually leave as well. There will be openings for others to step in and fill the vacancies.
Sting Gold had their pick of the litter last year after a great showing at the Gold Nationals the year before. Many predicted that they were the strongest team to come out of NorCal since the beginning of time. They simply never gelled as a team, had a disappointing finish at Gold Nationals last year and have since graduated or been scattered to the wind (mostly to the Sorcerer).
Egos are a wonderful thing!
Listen to my band 'cause I'm the Guitarzan
Randomizer

by downthepipe » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:47 pm

Wow! Coach Chris quits in January. Coach John we hear has left too. That's two head coaches in just weeks leaving Sting. Now our No. 1 pitcher and catcher leave for greener pastures. Maybe Williams too. What's next? Yea, I just joined today to say this sucks. Sting used to be a pretty good organization. But we didn't sign on for this. Looks like we're done. What the hell happened?
downthepipe

by Goldball4 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:44 pm

First Coach left due to health reasons, wasn't head coach material anyways. Now John leaving is a surprise. Must of really wanted to go to nationals to get out of Phils shadow, by leading a team himself. But, to just quit after Williams ,and ricketts leave? Pretty sad on his part. As far as the rest of the team, I know they have good players. Things happen in the softball world. So, to say the Sting used to be good? Stupid comment! People could've said the same things about us, with Jmoore, robbens, and decker leaving , on top of williams last year. So, whatever, everything happens for a reason.. People need to just worry about what happens to the kids. I'm sure they will reload with someone that just flat out throws, and qualify this year. Hopefully we get more teams in this year from Norcal.
Goldball4

by DHBHitting » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:16 am

Very optimistic observation GoldBall4 but one I would have to respectfully disagree with.

Being a huge Nor Cal Gold Ball fan I would be the first to want to say that the Sting will still be a force and will qualify regardless to these recent occurrences. The more Nor Cal Teams in OKC the better as far as I'm concerned, however this will not be the case.

Fast pitch softball clubs start with pitching and end with pitching at any level, with the Sting losing all of their pitching it will be incredibly tough to qualify this summer. I wish the kids and the parents that are playing there this summer all the luck in the world but things will be extremely tough without Ricketts or Williams in the circle.

Now you made the statement that they will reload and get another kid who is of the same caliber of a Ricketts or a Williams to throw for them this summer, if this happens then once again they have a shot. The thing is, I have no idea who that would be unless they are relying on a youngster coming up from 16's or something.

Hang in there Sting!
DHBHitting

by arroyo16 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:18 am

So if the Sting doesn't qualify this year big deal. Save a lot of parents $$$ whose kids are already signed. They have a great younger team coming up and it will be a year to rebuild. When Phil lost Moore he didn't go into the fetal position and he did well last fall. Too bad they were all depending on Ricketts so much to carry them (coaches,parents and players). Not surprised because she is the real deal but I have seen teams with less strength on the mound do well. As they say never put all your eggs in one basket. Good luck to all.
arroyo16

by Iluvblue » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:30 am

I agree arroyo. The team is still together, time to find another pitcher and move on then. Kids come and go. Now lest see what they can do in another 2 months.

Sting is a good place to be, no matter who is pitching.
Iluvblue

by proglfer » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:04 pm

Ricketts leaving Sting was a stinger to the gold program for sure. Not quite sure why Williams would leave since she has always played under quality pitchers at the gold level and now it was her turn to be the # 1. Not sure what program she can go and get the pitching time her dad thinks she should have and also be on a competitive team. Peralas can find a replacement for Williams. She should've stayed with the program IMO.
proglfer

by Flash » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:37 am

Where did Williams go?
I believe the catcher mentioned above is still listed on the Sting roster.
Flash

by proglfer » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:05 am

The roster just has not been updated. She is on Sorcerers.
proglfer

Next

Return to CA