Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Question on pin trading...

by Intel » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:16 pm

What age or tournaments do the girls not pin trade?
Intel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SSdad » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:25 pm

Funny, I saw mostly parents trading the pins, even days before the pin trading ceremony. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, to get all the pins. Sponsor on the bottom of the page, SPI, they make some nice pins
It's better to keep your mouth shut and look like you're stupid......
than to open it and remove all doubt.
SSdad

by sb junkie » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:54 pm

Definately take pins to TCS and nationals.DD been to ASA nats. 3x,haven't seen her collection in 2 years.I think their in her closet,her lil sis traded for her at 14s.Lots of fun for them when they're young.I miss those days.
sb junkie

by Nzane » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:49 pm

My DD still loves them. She has traded at ASA Nationals, ASA Western Nationals, and Triple Crown. Lots of memories for her.........
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by upurbox » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:04 am

Nzane wrote:My DD still loves them. She has traded at ASA Nationals, ASA Western Nationals, and Triple Crown. Lots of memories for her.........

my dd comes home from spring break and I find her browsing through her pin case.....
PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN STAIRS...
upurbox

by FPDD_cabbie » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:27 pm

When DD went to USSSA two years ago each girl on the team had 100 pins for trading. DD only had 10 left afterward. She also gave a pin to her hitting coach, pitching coach, best friend at school and a few relatives so team pins are not just for trading with other teams.

Last year at TCWS (Park City) DD did not have much to trade but she was able to collect about 50 pins and could have gotten more. Some teams at TCWS had two or more different set of pins, one set of Blinkies and one or more sets of large team pins. Just depended on how good of a pin your team had before they traded away their Blinkie team pin.

This year I am will to go with 100 pins again (since I am paying for them). For the 14U TCWS there is about 100 teams coming. To me it better to go with too many than with too few.
The secret to happiness is a Good Sense of Humor and a Bad Memory.
FPDD_cabbie

by SkidMarks » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:43 pm

So, this will be our first time going to Westerns...How many teams are going to be there? Is it a combo of 10's & 12's? Our pins are $3 a pop, but we want to have enough to be able to trade with everyone.

Any suggestions would be appreciated here, our girls are still young enough to really have fun with this.

SM
SkidMarks

by GSB » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:50 pm

Hey Number 1,

I want a Heybucket pin.
To each their own.
GSB

by KekambuS » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:11 pm

softballjunky12 wrote:I would say any where from 30-50 you are good. Remember... quality/size is better then qty. IE.. spend the extra money on a larger pin and reduce your qty, if needed.

I understand were softballjunky is coming from. Last year our pin wasn’t the greatest looking pin. So when our kids would go trade them with other teams they would take a look at them and give them right back. You don’t need them to be giant but 2 to 3 inches. And come up with a cool design. My team is taking 50 pins ea.
KekambuS

by Joe » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:40 pm

KekambuS wrote:
softballjunky12 wrote:I would say any where from 30-50 you are good. Remember... quality/size is better then qty. IE.. spend the extra money on a larger pin and reduce your qty, if needed.

I understand were softballjunky is coming from. Last year our pin wasn’t the greatest looking pin. So when our kids would go trade them with other teams they would take a look at them and give them right back. You don’t need them to be giant but 2 to 3 inches. And come up with a cool design. My team is taking 50 pins ea.

Kumbaya

Do me a favor and take one of those 3 inch pins and pop that fat turd spazzin' out on the couch.
Joe

PreviousNext

Return to CA