Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Coaches Reviews/recommendation

by bigdog310 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:29 pm

diaz07 wrote:
a.n.t.farm wrote:
Onemorechance wrote:
diaz07 wrote:
simonby84 wrote:Take this last coach off this list. He will drive your dd out of the game. I agree with blue 1956. My daughter is
in her 2nd year of 18U Gold in the top organization.

I agree, nobody ever should play for Robert Young.

Please explain? I have always heard he is a good old school coach?

yes please explain

Robert Young will beat your kid down and then some, blames everyone on his team for losing but accepts all glory for winning, no humility.

Man Robert Young old school coach don't waist the coaches time if you're a soft parent and have a soft kid.

I would blame everyone on the team for losing who's playing the coach or the players? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Also don't call Robert Young and say you play for these teams before you finish your sentence he will hang up on you AP,DM,CE,Qua,St, etc. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you will be on the phone hearing a dial tone classic. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bigdog310

by simonby84 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:32 pm

Coach chicklets teeth :lol:
simonby84

by 90630 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:06 pm

diaz07 wrote:
a.n.t.farm wrote:
Onemorechance wrote:
diaz07 wrote:
simonby84 wrote:Take this last coach off this list. He will drive your dd out of the game. I agree with blue 1956. My daughter is

yes please explain

Robert Young will beat your kid down and then some, blames everyone on his team for losing but accepts all glory for winning, no humility.

:geek: :geek: :geek:
Last edited by 90630 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by 59Invicta » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:54 pm

Why all the negative posts about Robert Young? My dd has been coached by him for the past year and has improved greatly. He is hard on kids who do not give their personal best effort. But he also encourages them to always dig deeper. If your dd is soft, she will probably have some initial difficulty with Robert, but at 14U, it’s time to develop a tough skin. I don’t think anyone will coddle your dd in college – coaches or professors. :o
59Invicta
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fastpitch4Life » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:00 pm

59Invicta wrote:Why all the negative posts about Robert Young? My dd has been coached by him for the past year and has improved greatly. He is hard on kids who do not give their personal best effort. But he also encourages them to always dig deeper. If your dd is soft, she will probably have some initial difficulty with Robert, but at 14U, it’s time to develop a tough skin. I don’t think anyone will coddle your dd in college – coaches or professors. :o

My experience with Robert exactly!
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by gunit247365 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:16 pm

If Robert Young is so good why do all his players keep leaving for better teams and coaches? Oh yeah thats right its because they are soft and he is an old school coach. Oh no :shock: he might hang up the phone on me lmao :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
gunit247365

by SUPERSTUD » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:48 pm

I guess the the national championship my DD won with Robert was an accident, the only reason shes not playing for him now is that shes moved on in age. He to me is one of the best coaches around my DD drops whatever shes doing and runs to say hello every time we see him. He will push and push some girls cant take it others raise the level of play. Its sad that adults are on here bashing him. Someone said he loses player, tell me one that has gone to a weaker team or org.

First post in three years
SUPERSTUD

by BAM2 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:52 pm

Don't think anyone on our current team has played for Young..SCAQ99 Could be wrong, but....

90630 wrote:
diaz07 wrote:
a.n.t.farm wrote:
Onemorechance wrote:
diaz07 wrote:

yes please explain

If you didnt know, alot of the impact players in several age groups has played for Robert Young at some point in their travel ball career. As far as the 99 category i can say Briggs , Perez, Quarles all has had kids who played for Young.
BAM2
Premium Member
Premium Member

by gunit247365 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:31 pm

Which national title? The one Mark Campbell hand wrapped for him by coaching his team all year up until nationals? Or the one that any rec all star coach could have won with a 6 ft pitcher that threw harder than anyone else from 35 ft and no one could hit? Besides really it was 10u both times. What has he done outside of 10u since Phil Bruder was winning national titles?

Now that was my second post :lol: :lol:

SUPERSTUD wrote:I guess the the national championship my DD won with Robert was an accident, the only reason shes not playing for him now is that shes moved on in age. He to me is one of the best coaches around my DD drops whatever shes doing and runs to say hello every time we see him. He will push and push some girls cant take it others raise the level of play. Its sad that adults are on here bashing him. Someone said he loses player, tell me one that has gone to a weaker team or org.

First post in three years
gunit247365

by Infield Coach 99 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:09 am

Robert Young is a Total Tool. Cancer whereever he goes. Loves to blow up his unearned accomplishments. All the time!!!
He was asked Not to return Victory Organization, Embarrassed Natasha Watley name by running that into the ground, Coached Orange Coast College for two months before they told him Not to return. Young ran off other players last season which is why he was one of the first teams to go home from PGF. If Mizuno was not about the money he would be gone from that org. this season as well.
Parents get what they deserve by being on his crazy team.
Infield Coach 99

PreviousNext

Return to CA