Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

What is it is all about!!

by girlzgotgame » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:10 pm

I know not all girls play travel ball as a means to get into a college, but I am sure many do. I have gone to many games and practices and have seen and heard many parents complain, which causes me to ask, "why is my family doing this?" Why do we give up all of our weekends??? Well yesterday I saw my friend's daughter's face when she received the news a college if offering her a full ride and wants her to sign with them. In that moment I realized why so many of us give up so much of our time so our daughters can play travel ball! Maybe it is worth leaving the house at 5 am and celebrating birthday at the field! ;)
girlzgotgame

by TShark » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:54 am

Or maybe, it is the time we get to share with our DD. It sure beats dressing up dolls at a tea party :)
TShark

by coachEd » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:24 am

Oh, Shark. Now we know what you do on your Saturday's off. :lol:
coachEd

by artomatic » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:47 am

coachEd wrote:Oh, Shark. Now we know what you do on your Saturday's off. :lol:

rare footage of the tea party:
http://www.tubearoo.com/articles/86549/Cartman_s_Tea_Party.html?autoplay=true
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Iluvblue » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:04 am

It isnt about College. that is an added bonus. Kids start playing when they are little because they love the game, they enjoy being on the field, and it is a great family activity and excuse to be together.

That is what it is about. if you are shelling out lots of dough every year just to get your kid to college, save the money and put it in a college fund. Then you can send her to the school of your choosing.
Iluvblue

by 90066DAD » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:45 am

Iluvblue wrote:It isnt about College. that is an added bonus. Kids start playing when they are little because they love the game, they enjoy being on the field, and it is a great family activity and excuse to be together.

That is what it is about. if you are shelling out lots of dough every year just to get your kid to college, save the money and put it in a college fund. Then you can send her to the school of your choosing.

I absolutely agree. The scholarship or getting admitted because of softball is simply a reward. It will not be a fun process if a college scholarship or getting admitted is your only motivation for playing.
90066DAD

by Coach11 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:54 am

90066DAD wrote: It will not be a fun process if a college scholarship or getting admitted is your only motivation for playing.

And percentages tell us that in all likelihood, that aint gonna happen.
Coach11

by Fifteen's » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:09 pm

A parent actually told me she has been "BANKING ON IT" since her daughter was 4 years old! Myopia in it's grandest form! :roll:
Fifteen's

by Clean_up » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:47 pm

Fifteen's wrote:A parent actually told me she has been "BANKING ON IT" since her daughter was 4 years old! Myopia in it's grandest form! :roll:

WOW! Must have led the 6U league division all stars in AVG, OBP and RBIs! My DD was inducted into the Tee-Ball Hall of Fame by the time she was four, lol! :roll:
Clean_up

by MoeFoes » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:40 pm

girlzgotgame wrote:I know not all girls play travel ball as a means to get into a college, but I am sure many do. I have gone to many games and practices and have seen and heard many parents complain, which causes me to ask, "why is my family doing this?" Why do we give up all of our weekends??? Well yesterday I saw my friend's daughter's face when she received the news a college if offering her a full ride and wants her to sign with them. In that moment I realized why so many of us give up so much of our time so our daughters can play travel ball! Maybe it is worth leaving the house at 5 am and celebrating birthday at the field! ;)

Both My DD's went to travel not for college or any other reason other than competition. Oldest DD hated & still hates rec. Always complaines that players are out of position when she is behind the plate. Mid DD hates when the catcher is settng up in a bad spot. They want to play with girls just like them......
"Why I Aughta"
MoeFoes

Next

Return to CA