Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Triple Crown Big League Dreams 12U

by Popsof4 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:43 pm

All About The Socks wrote:
Popsof4 wrote:This kid is in a league of her own and is likely a top 14 pitcher as well (when she plays up). Their is no one close. BS 96 is a hard thrower, CTS girl is a pitcher.

I was really, really impressed (not that my opinion matters).

I have to agree with you, she is one of the best I have seen in 12U. She throws hard and mixes it up with a good changeup. She stands approximately 6 feet tall, jumps off the rubber real strong and throws gas. I think she only has those two pitches. Don't get me wrong, she's effective but she has very little movement. Eventually, the good hitting teams will catch up to her fastball. BS96 pitcher is a bit more inconsistent in comparison.

All she appeared to throw was a drop, change up and curve, but with real good control. What makes her pitching deceiving is her delivery. It's real smooth, but being almost 6 feet tall made it seem like she's stepping 20 feet away from you when she finishes. When throwing mid to high 50's it's straight gas.

Good hitters will hit the ball hard!
Last edited by Popsof4 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Popsof4

by Clean_up » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:44 pm

Popsof4 wrote:This kid is in a league of her own and is likely a top 14 pitcher as well (when she plays up). Their is no one close. BS 96 is a hard thrower, CTS girl is a pitcher.

Is this the same '96 pitcher who was playing on the older/mixed 14s team that went dark? I wonder if she will stay in 12u or go back to the 14s team for States. Just curious, if this is the same kid or not. She is very good and I agree best '96 pitcher in So Cal.
Clean_up

by Popsof4 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:51 pm

Clean_up wrote:

Is this the same '96 pitcher who was playing on the older/mixed 14s team that went dark? I wonder if she will stay in 12u or go back to the 14s team for States. Just curious, if this is the same kid or not. She is very good and I agree best '96 pitcher in So Cal.

This is the only one they have. I think she will stay down. She makes a huge impact on that 12u team which I believe will be more successful than their 14's.

Overall good pitcher, not enough for that team though.
Popsof4

by artomatic » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:00 pm

cts played in the 14u surf city tournament 2 weeks ago...she was pitching for the 14u team that weekend.
they were a late replacement for valley breeze.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by monster » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:07 pm

CTS Congrats on 2nd place much deserved with new team!! 8-) 8-) .... It's about time we see this pitcher in her age group, we now know how competitive CTS 12u is with her... too bad...pitching in Lancaster 14u ASA... :? :?
monster

by Popsof4 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:22 pm

monster wrote:CTS Congrats on 2nd place much deserved with new team!! 8-) 8-) .... It's about time we see this pitcher in her age group, we now know how competitive CTS 12u is with her... too bad...pitching in Lancaster 14u ASA... :? :?

Bummer. She would have made a difference for the Org in 12u.
Popsof4

by softballmom27 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:53 pm

FYI it looked like the Wildcats were without a couple players one of them being their
top pitcher. From the runs on Saturday and the first two games on Sunday it looked
like they scored the most runs and allowed the least amount of runs with maybe the
exception of PS. Overall it looks they are still a contender for future tourney's when
they have all players. I think they just ran out of gas without all of their pitchers.
softballmom27

by Clean_up » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:54 pm

Popsof4 wrote:
monster wrote:CTS Congrats on 2nd place much deserved with new team!! 8-) 8-) .... It's about time we see this pitcher in her age group, we now know how competitive CTS 12u is with her... too bad...pitching in Lancaster 14u ASA... :? :?

Bummer. She would have made a difference for the Org in 12u.

She would make a difference for any team/organization in 12U. However, because of her abilities IMO she will be better challenged in 14's and they have to put her where she will grow the most. For some it's not just about winning the big show, but how much you learn and grow as an athlete and player along the way...
Clean_up

by Clean_up » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:57 pm

softballmom27 wrote:FYI it looked like the Wildcats were without a couple players one of them being their
top pitcher. From the runs on Saturday and the first two games on Sunday it looked
like they scored the most runs and allowed the least amount of runs with maybe the
exception of PS. Overall it looks they are still a contender for future tourney's when
they have all players. I think they just ran out of gas without all of their pitchers.

Yes, I believe this team is definately a contender to knock a few of the top teams down into loser bracket or even send them home at State. I think they should finish top 12 without much trouble if all are healthy.
Clean_up

by smash » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:07 pm

I agree that if she stays in 12U this will be a top contending team, however if she does not I see this 12U CTS team as being average. There are a few good players but nobody really impressive or a stand out. (I also agree that she is the best 12U pitcher by far).
smash

PreviousNext

Return to CA