Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Surf City Highs and Lows

by CharlieHough » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:25 pm

What a great weekend of 12U softball in HB!!!

Highlights.....

Being in Southern California and playing softball on great fields
Teams from Norcal (we were able to play 3) coming down to play
Beating all three teams from Norcal
OC Wildcats game against Sting
Rebels walk off vs. OC Wildcats
Power Surge vs. Bomb Squad game going to the Final out....bases loaded...
AA's Palomino vs Corona Express game...maybe not a highlight for our team....but Corona Express is a class act. Having the opportunity to stall out the game...but came with a bring it on attitude, new inning began and ended up winning by 1.
Power Surge - Congrats

Lowlights
Umpire in Bomb Squad/ Power Surge game that when the BS coach objected to a call....said something that in any bar..would have caused a brawl....(Talked to the coach......and said blue quickly apologized)
No tournament directors, no tournament support on site. no roster, no rules....etc.
The pool play schedule being so random. Take 10 minutes and think about all the families involved.Bracket schedule confusion and playing pool play teams in bracket right away.

WrestleMania/MMA after the Angels/Rebels game. Scary with kids crying.
I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it!

Billy Jack...1971
CharlieHough

by AM Softball » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:39 pm

Highlights:
Irvine Sting vs. Rebels in pool play. I think this team is underrated. They are in my top ten.
Sunday Rebels vs. Batbusters Snow. This is a top team too. They have some good players.

Lowlights:
No snack bar at Murdy.
The championship game not being competitive. Blowouts don't even feel like Championships! :(
The kids witnessing craziness at its best.
AM Softball

by love4sftbl » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:19 pm

Wow Charlie you mean the 12U girls were crying during the brawl between CA and Rebels? How did the Rebel girls do in the Championship Game?

Or do you think they were able to just brush it off and win?
love4sftbl

by AM Softball » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:23 pm

love4sftbl wrote:Wow Charlie you mean the 12U girls were crying during the brawl between CA and Rebels? How did the Rebel girls do in the Championship Game?

Or do you think they were able to just brush it off and win?

I know how the other players would have played too.
AM Softball

Return to CA