Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

My after Vegas view on the So. Ca teams in 12u -

by Diamond King » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:44 pm

hotwheels wrote:
Diamond King wrote:
3_mom wrote:It sure is funny that teams will brag about being ranked on Bracketologists rankings, but when their teams drop in ranking then the list becomes less important. That is funny stuff !!!

It's also amusing to see how some members of these ranked teams on this board feel pressured to make excuses for their team before a tournament even begins. Such as, announcing how their team is experiencing injuries or how their pool play schedule sucks.

On the eve of bracket play a couple weekends ago, someone even felt the need to apologize to everyone for how his/her team under performed in pool play that day. It just seems silly for one to feel they need to aplogize or feel the need to make excuses. The rankings on this board are fun, but shouldn't be taken that seriously.

Just go out and play - if your team under perfoms, people here will give you heat and if your team does well, you will get props. That pretty much seems to be the way it works on here.

Oh man (Or woman), you have got to be kidding me....If my post was the one from Vegas you are referring to please go back and re-read it....It's called "Tongue and Cheek".....Do you really believe that anyone would post that seriously? I think my post also said we left our bats back in Corona too....Did you take that the way it was written too???? What an idiot?.....Understand what you read before you come on here and make an idiot out of yourself.....Keep in mind that 1/2 of what people post on here or any other board is BS anyways.....I can't believe you would take anything true to heart written by me or anyone else on here but ok........

I'll humor you......We have been devastated by the fact that we haven't been living up to the expectations laid out here by Bracketologist.......I have personally lost major sleep at night and on top of already being blind in one eye I am beginning to have eyesight problems in my "Good" eye. I spoke with the doctor and he said it is stress related.....I showed him our bracket results from Vegas and he said he understands....In fact he said "OH MY GOD THE LOSERS....OOPS I MEAN CONSOLATION BRACKET".......My daughter has dropped out of 6th grade so she can focus more on laying that damn bunt down that she missed in Vegas.....

Come on, you can't be serious!

Easy HW. I didn't mean to strike a nerve, there. I realize that your post from vegas was not completely serious. However, when I read it at the time, it came off to me as a preemptive strike to possibly fend off any negative commentary towards your team's results in pool play. Because it was "tongue and cheek" it appeared to be situation that you were going to laugh at yourself before someone else gets a chance to.

I read some other posts today where people announced all of their injuries and how bad their pool play schedule - those came off to me as making excuses just in case the team finished subpar in the upcoming tournament. After reading those, I was reminded of your post.

My point is - both teams referred to are very good teams. Even very good teams are going to have bad luck or just a bad weekend of play. If the posts that I have referred to were not intended that way, my bad. That's just how they appeared to me.
Diamond King

by hotwheels » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:47 pm

Diamond King wrote:
hotwheels wrote:
Diamond King wrote:
3_mom wrote:It sure is funny that teams will brag about being ranked on Bracketologists rankings, but when their teams drop in ranking then the list becomes less important. That is funny stuff !!!

It's also amusing to see how some members of these ranked teams on this board feel pressured to make excuses for their team before a tournament even begins. Such as, announcing how their team is experiencing injuries or how their pool play schedule sucks.

On the eve of bracket play a couple weekends ago, someone even felt the need to apologize to everyone for how his/her team under performed in pool play that day. It just seems silly for one to feel they need to aplogize or feel the need to make excuses. The rankings on this board are fun, but shouldn't be taken that seriously.

Just go out and play - if your team under perfoms, people here will give you heat and if your team does well, you will get props. That pretty much seems to be the way it works on here.

Oh man (Or woman), you have got to be kidding me....If my post was the one from Vegas you are referring to please go back and re-read it....It's called "Tongue and Cheek".....Do you really believe that anyone would post that seriously? I think my post also said we left our bats back in Corona too....Did you take that the way it was written too???? What an idiot?.....Understand what you read before you come on here and make an idiot out of yourself.....Keep in mind that 1/2 of what people post on here or any other board is BS anyways.....I can't believe you would take anything true to heart written by me or anyone else on here but ok........

I'll humor you......We have been devastated by the fact that we haven't been living up to the expectations laid out here by Bracketologist.......I have personally lost major sleep at night and on top of already being blind in one eye I am beginning to have eyesight problems in my "Good" eye. I spoke with the doctor and he said it is stress related.....I showed him our bracket results from Vegas and he said he understands....In fact he said "OH MY GOD THE LOSERS....OOPS I MEAN CONSOLATION BRACKET".......My daughter has dropped out of 6th grade so she can focus more on laying that damn bunt down that she missed in Vegas.....

Come on, you can't be serious!

Easy HW. I didn't mean to strike a nerve, there. I realize that your post from vegas was not completely serious. However, when I read it at the time, it came off to me as a preemptive strike to possibly fend off any negative commentary towards your team's results in pool play. Because it was "tongue and cheek" it appeared to be situation that you were going to laugh at yourself before someone else gets a chance to.

I read some other posts today where people announced all of their injuries and how bad their pool play schedule - those came off to me as making excuses just in case the team finished subpar in the upcoming tournament. After reading those, I was reminded of your post.

My point is - both teams referred to are very good teams. Even very good teams are going to have bad luck or just a bad weekend of play. If the posts that I have referred to were not intended that way, my bad. That's just how they appeared to me.

I ALWAYS like to make fun of myself before others get to......Takes the fun out of it for them!!! I don't think either myself or Clean Up was trying to make any excuses just temporarily hijacking a thread and got sidetracked!!
hotwheels

by weekend4trvl » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:07 pm

Clean_up wrote:
hotwheels wrote:
Clean_up wrote:Some of these teams posting for players are looking to solidfy for a variety of reasons, injuries mostly I think with States coming up. We currently have 4 starters injured or recovering from injuries and not 100% yet. Although we are not posting at this time, I know we are looking at a couple key position players because of injuries.

That goes the same for our 96 team....We have had a couple injuries and sore arms, etc....We went to Vegas with only 10 players and 2 of those were playing with nagging MINOR injuries....We have been looking to pick up 2 players for a couple weeks now.....It's just the smart thing to do!!

Yes, and it's hard to meet all expectations (lol) when you can't solidify a starting line-up due to minor and major injuries. We've had/have broken legs, hip-flexor, ham strings, sprained knees, sprained ankles and now tendon issues in throwing hands or something, starting players/pitchers, lead-off power hitters, lefty-speed/starting infielders, the list seems to be revolving week to week now. Hopefully, we will play well and show that all our girls can get it done, in spite of the injuries and that will make our team that much stronger come States.

The best way to cut down on some of the injuries is to injure some of the adults in charge(not you clean-up). YOU ARE OVER DOING IT
weekend4trvl

by anonlooker » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:27 pm

Clean_up wrote:
Yes, and it's hard to meet all expectations (lol) when you can't solidify a starting line-up due to minor and major injuries. We've had/have broken legs, hip-flexor, ham strings, sprained knees, sprained ankles and now tendon issues in throwing hands or something, starting players/pitchers, lead-off power hitters, lefty-speed/starting infielders, the list seems to be revolving week to week now. Hopefully, we will play well and show that all our girls can get it done, in spite of the injuries and that will make our team that much stronger come States.

Well hey, if the kids aren't healthy for Nats, you could always consider the Special Olympics? :lol:
And rumor has the President will be attending! :mrgreen:
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

Previous

Return to CA