Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

My after Vegas view on the So. Ca teams in 12u -

by hotwheels » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:36 am

Under the Radar wrote:
hotwheels wrote:
NumeroUno wrote:I was at a game about a month ago and I was talking to some lady. I asked her how her dd's team was doing and she says I think we are okay we are top ten on the bracketologist's list on heybucket.

That is classic and we talk about it from time to time with some of our parents on our own team as well as opposing parents......Heybucket is EVERYWHERE!!

You know the problem with this is that you can put too much into it. I dont think you can look past any team on the entire list as on any given day any team can beat any team on it. Hopefully all the teams on it are getting better every week.

I couldn't agree with you more....I think it also goes with how does each team play in tournaments with their bench.....I know that with our 96 team, when we attend a tournament EVERYBODY gets playing time on Sunday....Everybody might not start on Sunday but you can guarantee that your kid is going to get some valuable time on elimination day....I know a lot of teams don't do that....This has worked great for our team and has given confidence to each of the players.....AND TO THEIR PARENTS!!! Which is important!

On my team which is an all 93 team playing 16's.....I only play my regulars on elimination day...You earn playing time on that day on Saturday....also during friendlies....I think both ways work and to each his own!!
hotwheels

by ice_67 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:28 pm

AM Softball wrote:
Alice wrote:Hold - (#2). CA Rebels – Were separating themselves – until pitching issues hit!

We played this team this winter and they had 3 very strong pitchers. Do they have an injured pitcher or did someone quit?

Nobody quit. The Rebels have the same 3 pitchers.

Maybe they are looking for a 4th. Unless they have a younger team. See post on the other site.
"[b] Let no player say, if only i had tried harder"
ice_67

by 3_mom » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:09 pm

It sure is funny that teams will brag about being ranked on Bracketologists rankings, but when their teams drop in ranking then the list becomes less important. That is funny stuff !!!
3_mom

by GSB » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:49 pm

3_mom wrote:It sure is funny that teams will brag about being ranked on Bracketologists rankings, but when their teams drop in ranking then the list becomes less important. That is funny stuff !!!

Lets face it, it is unimportant. I think people just get excited when their team gets a nod. Top 10, top 20, top 30. Its all just in good fun.
To each their own.
GSB

by hotwheels » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:12 pm

GSB wrote:
3_mom wrote:It sure is funny that teams will brag about being ranked on Bracketologists rankings, but when their teams drop in ranking then the list becomes less important. That is funny stuff !!!

Lets face it, it is unimportant. I think people just get excited when their team gets a nod. Top 10, top 20, top 30. Its all just in good fun.

It makes for great conversation at the fields!!
hotwheels

by AM Softball » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:06 pm

ice_67 wrote:
AM Softball wrote:
Alice wrote:Hold - (#2). CA Rebels – Were separating themselves – until pitching issues hit!

We played this team this winter and they had 3 very strong pitchers. Do they have an injured pitcher or did someone quit?

Maybe they are looking for a 4th. Unless they have a younger team. See post on the other site.

There is only one Ca Rebels (12 U)
AM Softball

by hotwheels » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:51 am

AM Softball wrote:
ice_67 wrote:
AM Softball wrote:

There is only one Ca Rebels (12 U)

HUH? :? :? :?
hotwheels

by Clean_up » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:57 am

Some of these teams posting for players are looking to solidfy for a variety of reasons, injuries mostly I think with States coming up. We currently have 4 starters injured or recovering from injuries and not 100% yet. Although we are not posting at this time, I know we are looking at a couple key position players because of injuries.
Clean_up

by hotwheels » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:12 am

Clean_up wrote:Some of these teams posting for players are looking to solidfy for a variety of reasons, injuries mostly I think with States coming up. We currently have 4 starters injured or recovering from injuries and not 100% yet. Although we are not posting at this time, I know we are looking at a couple key position players because of injuries.

That goes the same for our 96 team....We have had a couple injuries and sore arms, etc....We went to Vegas with only 10 players and 2 of those were playing with nagging MINOR injuries....We have been looking to pick up 2 players for a couple weeks now.....It's just the smart thing to do!!
hotwheels

by Clean_up » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:50 am

hotwheels wrote:
Clean_up wrote:Some of these teams posting for players are looking to solidfy for a variety of reasons, injuries mostly I think with States coming up. We currently have 4 starters injured or recovering from injuries and not 100% yet. Although we are not posting at this time, I know we are looking at a couple key position players because of injuries.

That goes the same for our 96 team....We have had a couple injuries and sore arms, etc....We went to Vegas with only 10 players and 2 of those were playing with nagging MINOR injuries....We have been looking to pick up 2 players for a couple weeks now.....It's just the smart thing to do!!

Yes, and it's hard to meet all expectations (lol) when you can't solidify a starting line-up due to minor and major injuries. We've had/have broken legs, hip-flexor, ham strings, sprained knees, sprained ankles and now tendon issues in throwing hands or something, starting players/pitchers, lead-off power hitters, lefty-speed/starting infielders, the list seems to be revolving week to week now. Hopefully, we will play well and show that all our girls can get it done, in spite of the injuries and that will make our team that much stronger come States.
Clean_up

PreviousNext

Return to CA