Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

TCS Dancing in The Desert Schedule - Will they ever learn?

by GSB » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:01 pm

SkidMarks wrote:A little late with the reply here, but thought that I would point out that, as far as I know, nobody got shot or maimed out there (not counting our ego after getting whipped a few times), and the facilities, while distant, where great...No problem finding the place, no problem parking, no ice chest hassles, no scheduling problems at all, cheap snack bar (did I eat a buffalo burger?). Since warm up areas are tight around the fields, they allowed us to use the football field and baseball field for warm ups.

It was like a safari driving around out there, we saw buffalo, zebras, Texas long horns and other beasts which you don't see in the OC.

I would not hesitate to participate in another Tourney out there.

SM

We sure had a great time out there. LOL.... The fields were great and the scenery was wonderful. I was told that someone spotted a mountain lion somewhere around there on Sunday morning. No gun shots, no drunk Indians running around and no tribal enforcement pursuits. Triple Crown did a great job out there. Only complaint was no trophies or medals for the winners. The girls got a small black nylon bag with a draw string.
To each their own.
GSB

by MVPETE » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:09 pm

Agreed, my DD put her nylon bag with the pink silk screening already peeling off in the yardsale box in the garage. Other than the completely lame prize and as usual having to supply your own balls, the tournament was nice.
MVPETE

by TravelSoftballDad » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:27 pm

In all seriousness, I'm glad it went well and hope they (the good <albeit few> people on the res) can keep all the morons from ruining a real nice set of fields !! It can be very pretty up there and it's a true shame what goes on up there.
TravelSoftballDad

Previous

Return to CA