Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Power Surge 97

by Luv_SC » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:15 pm

I have seen a Power Surge 97 team? Is this a new team that just started, I havent seen them anywhere and saw them advertised first time last week? Any details on this team?
Luv_SC

by SunnySanDiego » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:22 pm

Very small team. NO pitching at all. All but 2 are 97 girls. Not a force for a long time. Coaches are loud and always yelling at the girls. They get in the face of the girl who makes a mistake. Some girls are pretty good. Look out for #55 as she gets older. She will knock a few out of the park. Big power once she grows into her strength. She just turned 11 in Dec. I would like to SAI hi to her dad. One day you will bet TNL!!!!! :mrgreen:
SunnySanDiego

by Luv_SC » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:27 pm

Thanks for the info I know its a good organization PS and just wondered how the team just popped up this weekend. Cant wait to see TNL I have heard positive things about the team.
Luv_SC

by cent » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:53 pm

Luv SC, just posted on the Scoreboard site. Our Power Surge 97 team started in January and we are very excited to have them aboard. It is made up of many former players from the Imperial Beach All-Star team that won I think it is called 'C' Nationals. The coach is one of the most respected coaches in the area who has coached with Power Surge all the way through 18Gold and was a high school coach as well. He is demanding and expects the players to perform at their highest level.

I am hoping that Sunny San Diego is wrong in his description of our young team. But like any young 11u team, they do have one 96 and one 98, it will take its lumps in its first go around in Travel Ball.
cent
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SunnySanDiego » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:23 pm

There is a difference from getting the best out of a girl and just plain barking at them. As indicated, they are 11 and mistakes will happen (lots). I have seen the coach come rushing out of the dugout with a look of kill. He began to bark at the girl that missed a play. How many 11yo girls respond to that type of getting the best out of you.... They are mostly Imperial Beach girls and they won C division State. That is a great accomplishment for the girls. I hope they do get better as they are a good organization and I know girls on that team. I just do not dig the way the coaches coach the girls.
SunnySanDiego

by TShark » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:43 pm

That IB team was a pretty good team last yr in 10u
TShark

by SoCalSD97 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:06 pm

Good group of young players, will improve with time. Pitching is decent, IB always gave us a challenge in Districts and State. Will see them a lot and look forward to playing them.
SoCalSD97

by SSdad » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:29 am

Spazsdad wrote:
Big power once she grows into her strength

Huh? That almost sounds like a Yoggi quote.

or Yoda
It's better to keep your mouth shut and look like you're stupid......
than to open it and remove all doubt.
SSdad

by hooraw » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:06 am

:o hooraw..... Foul Ball..... I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE FOR UNBECOMING OF A SOFTBALL FAN AND PARENT! TO: ALL "HEY BUCKET VIEWERS" iM SORRY!

YOUR DAUGHTER STARTS AT TBALL. THEN SHE MAKES IT FINALLY UP TO THE TRAVEL LEVEL, AND YOU SEE HER WORK IS BEGINNING TO PAY OFF. IM SORRY FOR LETTING MY EMOTHINS OF THE SPORT AND WHAT CTITICS SAY GET THE BEST OF ME. (AGAIN, IM SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYBODY, JUST REACTED AS A PARENT.) I WILL LEARN, TO JUST KEEP IT TO MYSELF.

AND LAST, TO THE POWER SURGE ORGANIZATION. I DO APOLOGIZE, FOR MAKING THAT STATEMENT ON THIS SITE. I WILL STAY OFF OF THIS SITE. (A SOFTBALL PARENT AND FAN)
Last edited by hooraw on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hooraw

by bunt-n-run » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:24 am

hooraw wrote::o hooraw..... First of all, who made You Howard Cosell of softball? As for the Power Surge 97 Team, they are a young and learning. The coaching staff doesnt "Sugar Coat it" thats for T-BALL. As for our pitching were beginning to come along, I think we sat down some Big Hitters this last Sunday. (Hmmmmm)

Were just here to play softball, and not to make PUNKASSBIAAAATCH COMMENTS, and hide behind code names.

So watch out! This Power Surge 97' Team is here for the game "SOFTBALL" and not for the drama. In the future, you just might be THE NEXT LOSER!

One PROUD POWER SURGE PARENT! :oops:

So....is "hooraw" your first or your last name ? :lol:
bunt-n-run

Next

Return to CA