Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Wildcats 12u Coaches Rankings Updated July 2013

by getitdone » Wed May 29, 2013 6:08 pm

I agree completely Booyah. Punishers took 3rd in April's Finest TCS, qualified for PGF, 2nd in the So Cal A's Mothers Day Classic and 2nd at States and have beat Moore and Tyson at recent friendlies. USA Porter finished tied for 5th at St. Paddies day getting further than Tyson or Teal, Tied for 5th in Fresno losing 2-0 to winner Steele and took 5th at States losing to Punishers in the bottom of the last inning. Also beat 2 top 6 teams in recent friendlies. Both teams deserve some upwards movement.
getitdone

by OCwildcatMom » Wed May 29, 2013 6:31 pm

getitdone wrote:I agree completely Booyah. Punishers took 3rd in April's Finest TCS, qualified for PGF, 2nd in the So Cal A's Mothers Day Classic and 2nd at States and have beat Moore and Tyson at recent friendlies. USA Porter finished tied for 5th at St. Paddies day getting further than Tyson or Teal, Tied for 5th in Fresno losing 2-0 to winner Steele and took 5th at States losing to Punishers in the bottom of the last inning. Also beat 2 top 6 teams in recent friendlies. Both teams deserve some upwards movement.

Sounds like you are a little pissed. I said they deserved to move up & they will. I agree they are a good team. Are they the # 1-5 I am not sure about that jmo.
As to beating teams in friendlies, well that means nothing at all. Most teams are working on stuff and not necessarily batting their tournament line up only. I dont know if Tyson or Moore bat 9 in friendlies?

So props to your team getitdone they are doing well. Dont jinx it.

Mom
OCwildcatMom

by JimJones » Wed May 29, 2013 8:16 pm

I agree that Breakers – Steele and Punishers should move up, both have made major improvements since the first rankings. I think Firecrackers – Araujo are sitting fine at 2 or 3, since this looks like they took first the at TCS March Mayhem, TCS So Cal Finest and So Cal A’s Mother’s Day Classic, looks like ASA states was their first major meltdown. CA-Tyson looks good at 3 or 4 spot, looks like ASA states is the only big tournament they have won and in the past have always got bounced prior to the ship. Looks like OCBB-Moore rolled the dice at 14U but didn’t fair too well. It appears that they are a good 12U team but don’t have the personal to compete in 14s. BTW, saw them play this past weekend at TCS and either they had a couple girls out sick or they lost a few key players. IMHO, So Cal A’s TO is by far the #1 team. They play in 14s and compete on a weekly basis. My opinion is only based on tournaments, I don’t really think friendlies should factor.
JimJones

by sf26 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:25 pm

One thing that I know for sure and Live by this motto! You are only good as your last GAME !!
sf26

by eclipse09 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:36 pm

booyahballer wrote:Most the time I agree somewhat with the rankings but there are a few teams that I have seen and personally think they are ranked wrong. USA Athletics Porter are very hot and cold, not very consistent but can be a contender from what i have seen. Also, why isnt Artesia Punishers Guerrero getting the love? took out araujo this weekend to get into the ship and played them pretty tough at the MDC in the championship game, even with Araujo's roster of 19. Big bats on that team and have a solid #1 pitcher (blonde girl). Was pretty impressed. I know we get more attention with the big name organizations but gotta give credit where credit is due.

19? Really? Is that the norm?
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SouthPaw_Dad » Wed May 29, 2013 10:39 pm

JimJones wrote:I agree that Breakers – Steele and Punishers should move up, both have made major improvements since the first rankings. I think Firecrackers – Araujo are sitting fine at 2 or 3, since this looks like they took first the at TCS March Mayhem, TCS So Cal Finest and So Cal A’s Mother’s Day Classic, looks like ASA states was their first major meltdown. CA-Tyson looks good at 3 or 4 spot, looks like ASA states is the only big tournament they have won and in the past have always got bounced prior to the ship. Looks like OCBB-Moore rolled the dice at 14U but didn’t fair too well. It appears that they are a good 12U team but don’t have the personal to compete in 14s. BTW, saw them play this past weekend at TCS and either they had a couple girls out sick or they lost a few key players. IMHO, So Cal A’s TO is by far the #1 team. They play in 14s and compete on a weekly basis. My opinion is only based on tournaments, I don’t really think friendlies should factor.

Word on the street OCBB-Moore has indeed lost some players- whatchu hear OCWildcatMom? JimJones I agree placing 19th in the 14U TCS Memorial Day Tourney isnt exactly what I consider a steller showing....just saying

Looking at the SoCal A's MDC results it doesnt look like TO made it anywhere near the 14U ship either? Got to wonder if some of the invited teams may have peaked too early? Only one place to find out -HB end of July!
SouthPaw_Dad
"If it ain't Left - It ain't Right"
SouthPaw_Dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by OCwildcatMom » Thu May 30, 2013 12:03 am

SouthPaw_Dad wrote:
JimJones wrote:I agree that Breakers – Steele and Punishers should move up, both have made major improvements since the first rankings. I think Firecrackers – Araujo are sitting fine at 2 or 3, since this looks like they took first the at TCS March Mayhem, TCS So Cal Finest and So Cal A’s Mother’s Day Classic, looks like ASA states was their first major meltdown. CA-Tyson looks good at 3 or 4 spot, looks like ASA states is the only big tournament they have won and in the past have always got bounced prior to the ship. Looks like OCBB-Moore rolled the dice at 14U but didn’t fair too well. It appears that they are a good 12U team but don’t have the personal to compete in 14s. BTW, saw them play this past weekend at TCS and either they had a couple girls out sick or they lost a few key players. IMHO, So Cal A’s TO is by far the #1 team. They play in 14s and compete on a weekly basis. My opinion is only based on tournaments, I don’t really think friendlies should factor.

Word on the street OCBB-Moore has indeed lost some players- whatchu hear OCWildcatMom? JimJones I agree placing 19th in the 14U TCS Memorial Day Tourney isnt exactly what I consider a steller showing....just saying

Looking at the SoCal A's MDC results it doesnt look like TO made it anywhere near the 14U ship either? Got to wonder if some of the invited teams may have peaked too early? Only one place to find out -HB end of July!

I totally agree its like I said in earlier post we wont know until they are all in the same event together. As to Moore I heard they picked up a catcher from San Diego & lost 2 catchers as a result. I don't know if they lost anyone else?
OCwildcatMom

by JustPlayTheGame » Thu May 30, 2013 1:40 pm

I totally agree its like I said in earlier post we wont know until they are all in the same event together. As to Moore I heard they picked up a catcher from San Diego & lost 2 catchers as a result. I don't know if they lost anyone else?[/quote]

Heard on the grapevine that the SD catcher left OCBB Moore and went to 14u SoCal Athletics Quarles.
JustPlayTheGame

by getitdone » Fri May 31, 2013 8:57 am

JustPlayTheGame wrote:I totally agree its like I said in earlier post we wont know until they are all in the same event together. As to Moore I heard they picked up a catcher from San Diego & lost 2 catchers as a result. I don't know if they lost anyone else?

Heard on the grapevine that the SD catcher left OCBB Moore and went to 14u SoCal Athletics Quarles.

Classic. Heard after picking up the SD OCBB Graft catcher, prior to losing 2 catchers who weren't to happy about it that OCBB was trying to pick up the Breakers catcher after the championship in Fresno :o . Represents the not so great part of 12U travel!
getitdone

by SouthPaw_Dad » Fri May 31, 2013 12:11 pm

getitdone wrote:
JustPlayTheGame wrote:I totally agree its like I said in earlier post we wont know until they are all in the same event together. As to Moore I heard they picked up a catcher from San Diego & lost 2 catchers as a result. I don't know if they lost anyone else?

Classic. Heard after picking up the SD OCBB Graft catcher, prior to losing 2 catchers who weren't to happy about it that OCBB was trying to pick up the Breakers catcher after the championship in Fresno :o . Represents the not so great part of 12U travel!

Yep this time of year loyalty goes out the window for certain organizations/coaches more so than others! Good thing travel ball is teaching DD not wear her heart on her sleeve right?

BTW how does one pick up a player like that? We just lost the ship to your team how about joining our team :lol: :lol:
SouthPaw_Dad
"If it ain't Left - It ain't Right"
SouthPaw_Dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA