Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Wildcats 12u Coaches Rankings Updated July 2013

by bugs » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:06 pm

Oh, and we all should appreciate OC Wildcat Mom as she has the courage, really, to stand up and do these fun rankings. Certainly they make things more fun and more interesting for our great sport of Fatspitch Softball. It creates interest and gives teams something to shoot for. Who's the best. When do we get to play that number 1 team. Etc., Etc....

As many of you have noticed Brackey is not around any more or at least it seems so. I am pretty sure his daughters have moved on to the older divisions and has lost touch. So thank you OC Wildcat Mom for stepping up and keeping the Rankings going.
bugs

by Baller » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:22 pm

urbummed wrote:We all know your kid plays for the A's :o But either way, they beat the number 9 ranked team twice to win one of their tourney, and beat CA Tyson in Vegas. The top 5 only really matter :!:

My dd abolutely does not play for the A's. She is a 00. They are an all 01 team. DD did play for one of their coaches 1st year of TB. Our team has never been mentioned here. We did play and beat Mizuno Espalin twice. They are good, but not worthy of #12. Played CA Martinez 3x, and losy by 1 each time. Should have been 3-0. Lost to Raiders by 1 , and haven't played any other teams here. Unfortunately, we play in mostly B friendlies and tourneys. Played the A's was close for 3inn. or so, and they exploded for 6 or so. They came in 2nd last year (Gamers) in nationals. The only 01 team should be ahead of them is maybe the Crackers.
Baller

by juandoe » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:01 pm

Wildcat, Thanks for taking the time to put these rankings together. 8-)
I appreciate you taking the time out of your day.

I agree that Mizuno- Espalin at #12 is way too high. There is no doubt that they are a very good team. But they do not deserve to be ranked higher than the Firecrackers 01 or the So Cal Athletics 01 IMO. Those two teams have been much more successful against the older teams and in tournaments. I would also argue that the OC Batbusters 01 and Team Mizuno - Stith ( who beat Espalin at the PGF qualifier) are the better teams. Other than the top three teams. I think these 01 teams will give the rest of the older teams a run for their money come July- August.
juandoe

by 25! & 28! » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:29 pm

bugs wrote:Interesting that everyone in SoCal just keeps up the torch for Premier like saying the top 5 teams will go to Premier and the others not so confident will go to ASA Nationals. I guess it is just how we are in SoCal. We are the best and no one else comes close. Funny how last year's Premier 12u Champs Firecrackers Quarles from SoCal finished 4th at ASA Nationals in Moline, Illinois. I assure you there are great teams all over this country that can beat anybody any time.

Well, that's just silly because the first place Premier Firecracker - Quarles team got bested at ASA by the 5th place Premier Power Surge team who won ASA. Both SoCal! But in the spirit of what you are saying, yes, on any given day . . .

Still, why would a top SoCal team go to TN when the other top dogs are going to be here in Huntington Beach? Extra money to burn? I don't think so. Think they have a better shot? Bingo.

Penultimately, ASA has spent years being pretty indifferent to it's customers and sometimes down right arrogant. The existence of Premier will either force them to improve or wipe them out.

Finally, why would a TX team, or an IL team, or an AL team, et al, want to go to TN in August when they could come to Huntington Beach? And, again, why would a SoCal team of any level want to leave the beach in August to head east?

I am looking very forward to Premier and would no matter where I was from.
25! & 28!
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SouthPaw_Dad » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:23 pm

OCwildcatMom wrote:
vinylkings wrote:I heard there was a 8 or 9 team one day PGF qualifier in Arizona this weekend? Anyone know who was out there and who qualified? Any of Wildcat's top 15 out there? How did they do?
We were at the Firecracker-01 Friendly in La Habra, lots of great games and teams.

Team Mizuno (12)
Jynx
Courage (13)
Hotshots Elite
So Cal Pumas
Hotshots-Appei
Corona Angels

Can not confirm yet but I believe Courage & Hotshots Elite got berths.

If so I bet OCwildcatMom's advice fired them up to continue to chase a PGF Berth. Go Girl (uh err Mom) :lol: :lol: :lol:
SouthPaw_Dad
"If it ain't Left - It ain't Right"
SouthPaw_Dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fastpitch4Life » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:21 am

OCwildcatMom wrote:
vinylkings wrote:I heard there was a 8 or 9 team one day PGF qualifier in Arizona this weekend? Anyone know who was out there and who qualified? Any of Wildcat's top 15 out there? How did they do?
We were at the Firecracker-01 Friendly in La Habra, lots of great games and teams.

Team Mizuno (12)
Jynx
Courage (13)
Hotshots Elite
So Cal Pumas
Hotshots-Appei
Corona Angels

PGF still hasn't updated their website on this issue. Can anyone confirm the berths?
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SouthPaw_Dad » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:04 am

Fastpitch4Life wrote:
OCwildcatMom wrote:

Team Mizuno (12)
Jynx
Courage (13)
Hotshots Elite
So Cal Pumas
Hotshots-Appei
Corona Angels

PGF still hasn't updated their website on this issue. Can anyone confirm the berths?

the following was posted on AZ Hotshots Elite website - might want to change birth to berth :lol:

"Hotshots battle all day winning our 1st game 7-6 on a come from behind rally vs. CA Jynx with 2 runs in the 7th inning. In Game #2 the girls play solid all the way around winning vs. Corona Angels 7-2. In Game #3 the girls lose 4-2 vs a solid team Courage to get knocked into the loser bracket. The girls battle Team Mizuno coming up with a 4-0 win behind some timely hitting and solid all around defense. Congratulations you earned a birth!!"
SouthPaw_Dad
"If it ain't Left - It ain't Right"
SouthPaw_Dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fastpitch4Life » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:55 pm

SouthPaw_Dad wrote:
Fastpitch4Life wrote:
OCwildcatMom wrote:

Team Mizuno (12)
Jynx
Courage (13)
Hotshots Elite
So Cal Pumas
Hotshots-Appei
Corona Angels

the following was posted on AZ Hotshots Elite website - might want to change birth to berth :lol:

"Hotshots battle all day winning our 1st game 7-6 on a come from behind rally vs. CA Jynx with 2 runs in the 7th inning. In Game #2 the girls play solid all the way around winning vs. Corona Angels 7-2. In Game #3 the girls lose 4-2 vs a solid team Courage to get knocked into the loser bracket. The girls battle Team Mizuno coming up with a 4-0 win behind some timely hitting and solid all around defense. Congratulations you earned a birth!!"

Thanks SP_D. Looks like PGF 12U is going to have some pretty stout competition. It will be fun to see the qualified list grow as we head into summer season.
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by OCwildcatMom » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:26 pm

Congrats to Cal Thunder for going up to Nor Cal and getting a PGF berth.

Also can anyone give me a heads up on SD Mystics. Heard they won a couple smaller tourney's
OCwildcatMom

by Tyler Durden » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:50 am

OCwildcatMom wrote:Congrats to Cal Thunder for going up to Nor Cal and getting a PGF berth.

Also can anyone give me a heads up on SD Mystics. Heard they won a couple smaller tourney's

:D
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA