Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Top 5 Slingers In 12-u ..What team do the play for?

by AM Softball » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:37 pm

Clean_up wrote:
AM Softball wrote:
redzone wrote:Bomb Squad (1)
CTS (1)
Power Surge (1)
Jynx (1)
Rebels (2)
Corona Angels (2)
and Firecrackers (2)

Those are the top 10 pitchers in 12U, although I've heard the CTS pitcher hurls a bunch for the 14s.

I agree completely with this list except Rebels (3)....and add Thunder's 97 as a young one....Crush had a pitcher throwing 54-56 as well....

What about BB-Marquez #10? CA Thunder I think has the best 97 pitcher in 12U, AA-Palomino has a good one as well.

As my daughter would say, OMG...How did I forget Jesse? I think he has (2)!! Both are outstanding, move the ball, and change speeds....
AM Softball

by AM Softball » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:40 pm

anonlooker wrote:So does anyone want to take a shot at the TOP 5, as in the OP?

Or are we just going to list every kid who's won a game on Sunday afternoon in the last 6 months?

And it's interesting that there doesn't seem to be any good pitchers outside OC or SD. Hmmm... y'all play each other much? :lol:

On a good note, though, if you're from SoCal, it sure is sounding like these kids are ready for a clean sweep at any regional or national tournaments this spring / summer. :o :P :P

We all know the Grapettes will have a good team and there are others from N Cali too...we just forget cause we are in So Cal!! :)
AM Softball

by AM Softball » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:43 pm

Uh oh...I am hearing ERA and percentages...STATS! :) jk (i know, another thread! :))
AM Softball

by Rich » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:44 pm

"We are talking about 12u here, and ERA is earned runs, so even good pitchers who are playing for an average defensive team, should still have a low ERA, good strike-out percentage and low walk percentage. Most top 10-15 teams have good defense, so I think we are talking apple to apples in this division. Although, you do have a good point about defense playing a critical role in a pitcher's overall confidence and success, if she's throwing for a team who makes phenominal plays time and again, then on the books she would appear stronger; however, I think those on here are speaking from experience of playing against these pitchers/teams and know the difference between being robbed of base hits by awesome defense and solid pitching performance.

If there is a top pitcher out there who was not mentioned, please give up the team name(s) because maybe the top teams haven't played them enough, or even faced that pitcher in a tournament or friendly."

I don't want to talk about who she is, because that would mean saying that the team she plays for is not that good defensively in a public forum, and I wouldn't do that. I'm just saying I have seen most of the top pitchers mentioned here, and she is as good as any of them. Not the fastest, but the girl knows how to pitch, has great movement and control. I did see her shut down one of the top twenty in a tournament game that would have ended up scoreless except the other team started bunting. She lost the game 2 to 0 because her defense couldn't play the bunt or a fielder's choice pop up. That other team did not hit the ball hard even once, never hit it out of the infield and most just struck out. I watched her pitch about 10 games and she has been very consistent. There are some pitchers and teams that are flying under the radar, so to speak. I think you all have done a pretty good job with your rankings, but there are teams and players you haven't seen much of yet that are going to surprise people.
Rich

by sballjunkiee » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:47 pm

Rich wrote:"We are talking about 12u here, and ERA is earned runs, so even good pitchers who are playing for an average defensive team, should still have a low ERA, good strike-out percentage and low walk percentage. Most top 10-15 teams have good defense, so I think we are talking apple to apples in this division. Although, you do have a good point about defense playing a critical role in a pitcher's overall confidence and success, if she's throwing for a team who makes phenominal plays time and again, then on the books she would appear stronger; however, I think those on here are speaking from experience of playing against these pitchers/teams and know the difference between being robbed of base hits by awesome defense and solid pitching performance.

If there is a top pitcher out there who was not mentioned, please give up the team name(s) because maybe the top teams haven't played them enough, or even faced that pitcher in a tournament or friendly."

I don't want to talk about who she is, because that would mean saying that the team she plays for is not that good defensively in a public forum, and I wouldn't do that. I'm just saying I have seen most of the top pitchers mentioned here, and she is as good as any of them. Not the fastest, but the girl knows how to pitch, has great movement and control. I did see her shut down one of the top twenty in a tournament game that would have ended up scoreless except the other team started bunting. She lost the game 2 to 0 because her defense couldn't play the bunt or a fielder's choice pop up. That other team did not hit the ball hard even once, never hit it out of the infield and most just struck out. I watched her pitch about 10 games and she has been very consistent. There are some pitchers and teams that are flying under the radar, so to speak. I think you all have done a pretty good job with your rankings, but there are teams and players you haven't seen much of yet that are going to surprise people.

i agree 100%.
ive seen teams that have given the top ones a run for their money.
sballjunkiee

by Rich » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:13 pm

"Most top 10-15 teams have good defense, so I think we are talking apple to apples in this division. Although, you do have a good point about defense playing a critical role in a pitcher's overall confidence and success, if she's throwing for a team who makes "

I can think of three pitchers who do not pitch for your top twenty teams and yet may be just as good as any of the girls listed as your top 5.
Rich

by Clean_up » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:23 pm

AM Softball wrote:Uh oh...I am hearing ERA and percentages...STATS! :) jk (i know, another thread! :))

Always, I am a stat dork :ugeek:
Clean_up

by Clean_up » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:26 pm

Rich wrote:"Most top 10-15 teams have good defense, so I think we are talking apple to apples in this division. Although, you do have a good point about defense playing a critical role in a pitcher's overall confidence and success, if she's throwing for a team who makes "

I can think of three pitchers who do not pitch for your top twenty teams and yet may be just as good as any of the girls listed as your top 5.

I think that's awesome, I am a CUBS fan so I love to see players and teams take on the so-called Big Dogs and give them a run for their money. I hope to see these pitchers making jumps to better teams next year, I assume if they are solid that they will be looking for a new home next season to surround themselves with stronger players they can grow with.
Clean_up

by Clean_up » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:28 pm

AM Softball wrote:
Clean_up wrote:
AM Softball wrote:
redzone wrote:Bomb Squad (1)
CTS (1)
Power Surge (1)
Jynx (1)
Rebels (2)
Corona Angels (2)
and Firecrackers (2)

Those are the top 10 pitchers in 12U, although I've heard the CTS pitcher hurls a bunch for the 14s.

I agree completely with this list except Rebels (3)....and add Thunder's 97 as a young one....Crush had a pitcher throwing 54-56 as well....

What about BB-Marquez #10? CA Thunder I think has the best 97 pitcher in 12U, AA-Palomino has a good one as well.

As my daughter would say, OMG...How did I forget Jesse? I think he has (2)!! Both are outstanding, move the ball, and change speeds....

You are right, OC BB has two solid pitchers. Shame on us.... :oops:
Clean_up

by Rich » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:43 pm

"I think that's awesome, I am a CUBS fan so I love to see players and teams take on the so-called Big Dogs and give them a run for their money. I hope to see these pitchers making jumps to better teams next year, I assume if they are solid that they will be looking for a new home next season to surround themselves with stronger players they can grow with."

For two of them, they are on a very good team, just under everybody's radar. You will know of them before long. As for the other one, maybe the best of the three, there are lots of good reasons to play softball, at 12, it isn't always about being on the best team-a lot has to do with playing with your friends, with people and families you enjoy. If she stays on her present course, she too, will get her day in the sun. Cream always rises to the crop, and surprises are what make softball and baseball fun. As a Cubs fan, you already know that. No one gave the Dodgers much of a chance of beating your Cubbies last October! How exciting was that?
Rich

PreviousNext

Return to CA