Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Top 5 Slingers In 12-u ..What team do the play for?

by Phantom » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:20 pm

bn2themountain wrote:Saw CA Rebels pitcher and Jynx pitcher this weekend. Both were extremley affective. CA Rebels has a fantastic Rise and so does Jynx. But, they also have great defenses behind them.

both really good pitchers IMO
Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'.
Phantom

by Luv_SC » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:29 pm

I think Thunder is a almost all 96 except two 97 and one like 99 practice player dont quote me on that though. I honestly dont know but have heard thats the makeup of the team.

Rebels and Jynx have two good pitchers and are two solid teams. When they are on I am sure it's quite a game to watch. Exciting season and wide open right now I cant wait till May.
Luv_SC

by Clean_up » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Phantom wrote:
Luv_SC wrote:your right about that should be but sometimes the younger pitchers speed can keep some teams off balance and some have good movement. I have seen quite a few decent young pithcer's out there. I still think as others would agree the Thunder pitcher is one of the best 97's out there and on her good days it shows. She carries the team and that's alot to ask for anyone let alone a 11 year old so she is more than welcome to a few off days.

you are also right, not every kid is "on" every day they play, it could have been a bad day for the thunders pitcher and team, just as it might have been an "off" day for the 97 BB snow pitcher and team against the 96 BB marquez team, the game you watched?

isnt thunder a primarily 96 team?

I think the 97 pitcher on Cal Thunder is the best of the 97s I have seen thus far, saw Snow play and beat Jynx in the Winter, but did notice some huge hits off their pitchers. I haven't seen that against the CA Thunder kid -- she records a lot of Ks, has great movement and consistency. Keep in mind, CA Thunder only has the one pitcher, take her away and the team is just an average 12u team with a couple solid hitters. BB-Snow, AA-Palomino and CA-Lockman, IMO, are the top '97 teams, all have good pitchers and most 96 teams are well aware of what could happen if they are not prepared when they face them.

Ask some of the '95 teams about CA'96, Firecrackers, Rebels, PowerSurge, Jynx, etc, from last year, same thing -- when the younger teams come mentally prepared, they are not to be taken lightly...
Clean_up

by Phantom » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:44 pm

Clean_up wrote:I think the 97 pitcher on Cal Thunder is the best of the 97s I have seen thus far, saw Snow play and beat Jynx in the Winter, but did notice some huge hits off their pitchers. I haven't seen that against the CA Thunder kid -- she records a lot of Ks, has great movement and consistency. Keep in mind, CA Thunder only has the one pitcher, take her away and the team is just an average 12u team with a couple solid hitters. BB-Snow, AA-Palomino and CA-Lockman, IMO, are the top '97 teams, all have good pitchers and most 96 teams are well aware of what could happen if they are not prepared when they face them.

Ask some of the '95 teams about CA'96, Firecrackers, Rebels, PowerSurge, Jynx, etc, from last year, same thing -- when the younger teams come mentally prepared, they are not to be taken lightly...

I have seen huge hits off most pitchers, it happens, its part of the game, I saw Jennie Finch give up 2 homers while pitching to Cal State Fullerton during the USA team tour game, hitters will hit. it must have been a bad day for the thunder pitcher, like I said, she has some speed, didnt have consistency at all (except for being a little wild) I dont recall a bunch of K's, in fact, they hit her pretty well and she had some walks. I do agree with the 97 teams you mentioned, they will be the top dogs next year, the 96 teams you mentioned have good pitching as well, IMO, the one who stands out to me is the little pitcher from the Firecrackers, things will get interesting as we approach state and nationals
Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'.
Phantom

by Rich » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:57 pm

"I have seen huge hits off most pitchers, it happens, its part of the game, I saw Jennie Finch give up 2 homers while pitching to Cal State Fullerton during the USA team tour game, hitters will hit. it must have been a bad day for the thunder pitcher, like I said, she has some speed, didnt have consistency at all (except for being a little wild) I dont recall a bunch of K's, in fact, they hit her pretty well and she had some walks. I do agree with the 97 teams you mentioned, they will be the top dogs next year, the 96 teams you mentioned have good pitching as well, IMO, the one who stands out to me is the little pitcher from the Firecrackers, things will get interesting as we approach state and nationals."

And I saw Fullerton College (a two year community college) defeat CSU Fullerton (division I school) this fall, which goes to show that on any given day....this of course, is what makes softball/baseball so much fun.
Rich

by Clean_up » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:43 pm

Rich wrote:"I have seen huge hits off most pitchers, it happens, its part of the game, I saw Jennie Finch give up 2 homers while pitching to Cal State Fullerton during the USA team tour game, hitters will hit. it must have been a bad day for the thunder pitcher, like I said, she has some speed, didnt have consistency at all (except for being a little wild) I dont recall a bunch of K's, in fact, they hit her pretty well and she had some walks. I do agree with the 97 teams you mentioned, they will be the top dogs next year, the 96 teams you mentioned have good pitching as well, IMO, the one who stands out to me is the little pitcher from the Firecrackers, things will get interesting as we approach state and nationals."

And I saw Fullerton College (a two year community college) defeat CSU Fullerton (division I school) this fall, which goes to show that on any given day....this of course, is what makes softball/baseball so much fun.

Yup, yup, yup! And, these are 12Us, any given Sunday (or Saturday)... You are both right, huge hits are part of the game, regardless of who's pitching and what age group.. I've seen kids give up some big hits, lose a game and then two weeks later they shut down one of the best teams in the division. That's what makes this age group so fun (and frustrating), being two (one current, one ex-) pitcher's mom I've experienced it all, lol!
Clean_up

by Clean_up » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:47 pm

Phantom wrote:
Clean_up wrote:I think the 97 pitcher on Cal Thunder is the best of the 97s I have seen thus far, saw Snow play and beat Jynx in the Winter, but did notice some huge hits off their pitchers. I haven't seen that against the CA Thunder kid -- she records a lot of Ks, has great movement and consistency. Keep in mind, CA Thunder only has the one pitcher, take her away and the team is just an average 12u team with a couple solid hitters. BB-Snow, AA-Palomino and CA-Lockman, IMO, are the top '97 teams, all have good pitchers and most 96 teams are well aware of what could happen if they are not prepared when they face them.

I have seen huge hits off most pitchers, it happens, its part of the game, I saw Jennie Finch give up 2 homers while pitching to Cal State Fullerton during the USA team tour game, hitters will hit. it must have been a bad day for the thunder pitcher, like I said, she has some speed, didnt have consistency at all (except for being a little wild) I dont recall a bunch of K's, in fact, they hit her pretty well and she had some walks. I do agree with the 97 teams you mentioned, they will be the top dogs next year, the 96 teams you mentioned have good pitching as well, IMO, the one who stands out to me is the little pitcher from the Firecrackers, things will get interesting as we approach state and nationals

Firecrackers have 3 main pitchers plus another one or two - are you talking about the kid from Arizona? She's good, but I think the Rebels have better... JMO
Clean_up

by AM Softball » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:47 pm

The Bomb Squad pitcher was clocked at 58 Saturday and has a good backhand change so she's in my top 3. I think Rebel pitcher is in my top 3, and I personally like the pitcher from Jynx.

She is complete and when she's on, she'll give any top pitcher a run for their money. I believe she's one the best athletes in the division.
AM Softball

by Clean_up » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:05 pm

AM Softball wrote:The Bomb Squad pitcher was clocked at 58 Saturday and has a good backhand change so she's in my top 3. I think Rebel pitcher is in my top 3, and I personally like the pitcher from Jynx.

She is complete and when she's on, she'll give any top pitcher a run for their money. I believe she's one the best athletes in the division.

I agree, Jynx pitcher is very good. I don't think anyone here can count the CTS pitcher as 12u since she isn't actually playing in 12u. So, top two IMO are Bomb Squad, Rebels pitcher and as far as a #3, there are so many other pitchers on CA96, Rebels, Firecrackers, OC BB Marquez, Jynx and some others who are very close in talent..
Clean_up

Previous

Return to CA