Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Top 5 Slingers In 12-u ..What team do the play for?

by upurbox » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:34 am

hotwheels wrote:
Clean_up wrote:
AM Softball wrote:
redzone wrote:Bomb Squad (1)
CTS (1)
Power Surge (1)
Jynx (1)
Rebels (2)
Corona Angels (2)
and Firecrackers (2)

Those are the top 10 pitchers in 12U, although I've heard the CTS pitcher hurls a bunch for the 14s.

I agree completely with this list except Rebels (3)....and add Thunder's 97 as a young one....Crush had a pitcher throwing 54-56 as well....

What about BB-Marquez #10? CA Thunder I think has the best 97 pitcher in 12U, AA-Palomino has a good one as well.

I think AA's Palomino pitcher is a good pitcher.....Good pull!

Irvine Sting has a pretty good slinger.....
PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN STAIRS...
upurbox

by Phantom » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:16 pm

Luv_SC wrote: batbusters snow.

this team had a few good pitchers at turkey tourny in Chino Hills, especially considering they are a younger 12 team
Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'.
Phantom

by Ace » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:02 pm

NavinR wrote:Diana Ross - The Supremes
Chrissie Hynde - The Pretenders
Christine McVie - Fleetwood Mac

...sorry...it's SLingers

too many Best Of

Christine McVie wasnt even the best SLinger in her group, let alone the whole division!
"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."
Ace

by anonlooker » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:46 pm

So does anyone want to take a shot at the TOP 5, as in the OP?

Or are we just going to list every kid who's won a game on Sunday afternoon in the last 6 months?

And it's interesting that there doesn't seem to be any good pitchers outside OC or SD. Hmmm... y'all play each other much? :lol:

On a good note, though, if you're from SoCal, it sure is sounding like these kids are ready for a clean sweep at any regional or national tournaments this spring / summer. :o :P :P
Last edited by anonlooker on Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by Clean_up » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:54 pm

anonlooker wrote:So does anyone want to take a shot at the TOP 5, as in the OP?

Or are we just going to list every kid who's won a game on Sunday afternoon in the last 6 months?

And it's interesting that there doesn't seem to be any good pitchers outside OC or SD. Hmmm... y'all play each much? :lol:

On a good note, though, if you're from SoCal, it sure is sounding like these kids are ready for a clean sweep at any regional or national tournaments this spring / summer. :o :P :P

Well, it has been established that there are several pitchers in this divison who are very good. I can think of only 3 96 pitchers who stand above, are stronger and more consistent overall than the group of kids already mentioned. One is playing in 14's on CTS. Bomb Squad has the #2 and IMO Rebels has the #3. I have not seen the new PowerSurge pitcher.
Clean_up

by Rich » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:17 pm

Many keep mentioning pitchers who pitch for some of the top teams in the division, and those girls are very good pitchers. But it is one thing to pitch for a team that turns hits into outs and quite another to pitch for a team that turns outs into base runners. I believe a few of the top pitchers don't even pitch for a team ranked in the top twenty.

My oldest is in her first year of college and this year, playing behind a good defensive team, her ERA is almost 2 runs per game lower than her last year of High school ball. She is also undefeated this year, under .500 last year.
Rich

by Clean_up » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:58 pm

Rich wrote:Many keep mentioning pitchers who pitch for some of the top teams in the division, and those girls are very good pitchers. But it is one thing to pitch for a team that turns hits into outs and quite another to pitch for a team that turns outs into base runners. I believe a few of the top pitchers don't even pitch for a team ranked in the top twenty.

My oldest is in her first year of college and this year, playing behind a good defensive team, her ERA is almost 2 runs per game lower than her last year of High school ball. She is also undefeated this year, under .500 last year.

We are talking about 12u here, and ERA is earned runs, so even good pitchers who are playing for an average defensive team, should still have a low ERA, good strike-out percentage and low walk percentage. Most top 10-15 teams have good defense, so I think we are talking apple to apples in this division. Although, you do have a good point about defense playing a critical role in a pitcher's overall confidence and success, if she's throwing for a team who makes phenominal plays time and again, then on the books she would appear stronger; however, I think those on here are speaking from experience of playing against these pitchers/teams and know the difference between being robbed of base hits by awesome defense and solid pitching performance.

If there is a top pitcher out there who was not mentioned, please give up the team name(s) because maybe the top teams haven't played them enough, or even faced that pitcher in a tournament or friendly.
Clean_up

by rbi » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:02 pm

The top 12U in the country IMO plays 14U for San Jose Sting, so you 12U folks wont get to see her come nationals. She led her team as a 11 yr old to a 3rd place finish at the 12U ASA nationals, and hasn't let up since, playing in 16U showcases.
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Clean_up » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:12 pm

rbi wrote:The top 12U in the country IMO plays 14U for San Jose Sting, so you 12U folks wont get to see her come nationals. She led her team as a 11 yr old to a 3rd place finish at the 12U ASA nationals, and hasn't let up since playing in 16U showcases.

She played for Grapettes, right? Yes, she's very good. What 10U team did she play on in 2007, just curious - I thought we might have faced her at the 2007 Fresno Force tournament. Best in the Country? Well, not so sure about that until we see those returners from 96 Diamonds and Indiana Thunder from 10U 2007, those girls were big, strong and I'm sure with 2 years of additional experience, they are going to be very strong at Nationals this year. The CTS pitcher is the best in So Cal, IMO.
Clean_up

by rbi » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:22 pm

Clean_up wrote:
rbi wrote:The top 12U in the country IMO plays 14U for San Jose Sting, so you 12U folks wont get to see her come nationals. She led her team as a 11 yr old to a 3rd place finish at the 12U ASA nationals, and hasn't let up since playing in 16U showcases.

She played for Grapettes, right? Yes, she's very good. What 10U team did she play on in 2007, just curious - I thought we might have faced her at the 2007 Fresno Force tournament. Best in the Country? Well, not so sure about that until we see those returners from 96 Diamonds and Indiana Thunder from 10U 2007, those girls were big, strong and I'm sure with 2 years of additional experience, they are going to be very strong at Nationals this year. The CTS pitcher is the best in So Cal, IMO.

AASA at 10U
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA