Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Insane High School Softball numbers

by tito » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Softballer15 wrote: I may be one of those parents this year getting frustrated, my dd has some competiton at pitching, hopefully this is a good thing for her.

why wouldn't it be?
It's astounding, time is fleeting.
Madness takes its toll.
tito

by Softballer15 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:21 am

why wouldn't it be?

It is a good thing, but she has not had much competition over the years, we have been told before some new "stud" would be coming in then the person would not perform. If she wants to keep her position she will rise to the challenge. Maybe now we can all see what she really has to offer.
Softballer15

by Killer Rabbit » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:56 am

[quote="Ace
I would bet the booster club has everything you are looking for. Booster clubs cannot carry money over from year to year, all funds have to be spent on the program. Its amazing how much a hs team costs, when you add up transportation and travel expense.
Its hard to take a kid and cut her after 3 years of good standing in the program. Maybe they should, but most wont cut a kid that is a senior who has spent 2 years on f/s and on year on jv. Most players know comming out that they will not get playing time, but choose to still be a part of the program. Its still fun, and you still get to letter in your sport. Our Varsity carried 18 last year with no problems.[/quote]

Here in Vegas, the girls still have to play a certain amount of innings or they don't earn a varsity letter.
Ice cream?! When the f**k did we get ice cream?!
Killer Rabbit
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Ace » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:46 pm

Wow, here on the main land even our Managers get letters.
"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."
Ace

by looking in » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:59 pm

You should have to earn a Letter! That is what makes it special! Everybody should not get one for "playing"!! Work hard, be a team player and earn it! that's the biggest problem in youth sports! Everybody(mostly parents) thinks they "deserve" something! I understand the paying fees part! But does your Football or Basketball(mostly Boys) coaches play everybody that payes a fee?? Doubt it!! If your DD's want to get a letter in sball, don't pick it up when the season is starting!! Work at it!
looking in

by Ace » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:10 pm

looking in wrote:You should have to earn a Letter! That is what makes it special! Everybody should not get one for "playing"!! Work hard, be a team player and earn it! that's the biggest problem in youth sports! Everybody(mostly parents) thinks they "deserve" something! I understand the paying fees part! But does your Football or Basketball(mostly Boys) coaches play everybody that payes a fee?? Doubt it!! If your DD's want to get a letter in sball, don't pick it up when the season is starting!! Work at it!

I agree to a point. If you make the team, you should letter. You work hard in practice and make your teamates better, then you are a part of the team. League awards, MVP, Best Defensive, yada yada are for the studs. But if you work hard and make the team you should letter.
"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."
Ace

Previous

Return to CA