Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Calling all So. Cal S**t Talkers!

by jefe » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:33 pm

"On a possitive note he is a very nice man".

Not sure the 3D group that was left would agree. Part of that team felt he misused the funds and the coach never provided a team statement after the initial team budget to clear himself. But he did take them to NSA Westerns.
Last edited by jefe on Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jefe

by playball » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:04 pm

jefe wrote:"On a possitive note he is a very nice man".

Not sure the 3D group that was left would agree. Los pretty sure the funds in the end were absorbed into his hotels bills and road dinners along the way. Team stayed at a fleabag, coach stayed at the Marriot. No financials ever. But he did take them to NSA Westerns against 3 other teams and they came in fourth.

Well he can't be all that bad if he got them a 4th place finish. Isn't that like making into the semi-finals? NSA 4th place on your resume' is pretty impressive. :lol: :lol:
playball

by ugosoftballgirlz » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:47 pm

I had a daughter on the So Cal 3D team and want to set the record straight on this website. I am not sure why someone would not be honest about what happened at the NSA Nationals but here are the facts: This is the link as to where the team stayed – please tell me if you think it’s a fleabag, it’s a executive House, 5 Bedrooms + Detached Unit, 3 Baths (Sleeps 7-10)
http://www.vrbo.com/129757 Also, the coach did not stay with the team because there was no room (I think 4-5 families stayed here and loved the home). The coach did give a budget earlier in the season and the team paid for the entire home rental and most of the food for all of the families staying there as well as some other hotel another family stayed at. After NSA the coach said there was very little money left and I believe him. Yes they stayed at the Marriott, I'm not sure what is wrong with that.

Now, I am the first to say that the team was not very good. It came together I think in maybe Dec or Jan and had all rec/little league players and maybe one travel ball player. Sure, we lost most of our games and it was tough. However to come on here and slam this coach is just wrong. The team started with no coach having travel ball experience and no mentors. The coach definitely learned from his mistakes and for the last 2 years has studied and read more about the game – learning from Howard Kobata and attending several seminars. After taking time off of head coaching and helping as an assistant coach when he could on a very good team in the OC last year, he was asked to help co-head coach a team closer to his home this year and has a great mentor. This coach has fun with the girls and is very passionate about teaching them this game he loves. Sure, he is not perfect but I appreciate the way he used to treat my daughter and we still keep in touch. I’m sure the coach realizes now that the NSA is not the best place he could have taken the team for Nationals but the team decided as a “team” to go to Stockton.

I believe all coaches start somewhere and I give everyone of them props to have the courage to start a team and if it does not go well they have to have thick amour to withstand stuff like this. I’m sure even the top coaches in softball did not start out very good and learned from their mistakes. I’m sure it costs a lot of money to run a team too.

Madmum is right; he is a very nice man. This is the 1st time posting on this board – I just felt I had to set the record straight.
ugosoftballgirlz

by Skarp » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:17 pm

Normally I remain studiously neutral in these situations, but I'm making an exception here.

I don't know the first thing about SoCal 3d, but I'm pretty sure that I know the person being discussed here personally. If so, there is no way he stole anybody's money or otherwise cheated anyone out of anything. Nor would he "abuse, humiliate and ridicule" any 13 year-old girl--or anyone else for that matter. We're talking about a nice guy and a very nice family. Period.

Sounds like that Madness situation may be a bit of a train wreck. So what? If you don't like it, pack up your crap and move on. Either way, quit sniveling...it's pathetic.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by The Real Deal » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:32 pm

ugosoftballgirlz is this " The Nice Guy"? I too played on that team and I know we played for about for about 4-5 months.We collected 4-5 months of team fees starting about $80 dollars at first then moved it to $100 when girls started to leave or were kicked off.The team had a huge fundraiser that made the team about $8000 in profit.So beteween team fees and fundraiser we made $13,000! plus he would buy team apparel with team money and would charge us double the price for them.He did give us a team fianace sheet once but some of that stuff on that list we never got . The team did help with about $450 per family but we only had eight families and one family brought 2 additional player s to fill the roster no additional money was given to them to help.This team was a young team but it was definetely not a rec team ,alittle better then an allstar team maybe.but a good percentage of the girls on that team went on to soild travel team with great success.This nice guy decided to drop half the team the night before bracket play at Nsa world series.We were the first team to go home out of some 15- 20 teams .Dont blame the gils for not winning games because on countless occasions The Nice Guy either didn't now the rule or just would make bad decisions.
The Real Deal

by The Real Deal » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:48 pm

By the way I dont really care where the money went it was worth just being able to walk away at that price just wanted to plug in some of the holes in the story
The Real Deal

by lv2earat8 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:26 am

So Cal,
Please keep your TRASH down there! One of your worms migrated to NorCal and has turned purple.
DD played at an AASA friendly this past weekend and was appalled at the actions of this idiot!!

The guys trap never shuts up, arguing calls and complaining the entire time. Mr. Lee it was a friendly for God sake! And his assistant (I heard it was the Gold coach ?) was just as bad. This guy wanted to fight one of the good guys of NorCal softball, unbelievable!

The Grapettes should be PROUD!
God is great,beer is good,people are CRAZY!
lv2earat8

by softballmafia » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:03 am

Enjoy this man...maybe you can do the same and drive him out of California for good!
softballmafia

by welovesoftballtoo » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:30 pm

Skarp wrote:Normally I remain studiously neutral in these situations, but I'm making an exception here.

I don't know the first thing about SoCal 3d, but I'm pretty sure that I know the person being discussed here personally. If so, there is no way he stole anybody's money or otherwise cheated anyone out of anything. Nor would he "abuse, humiliate and ridicule" any 13 year-old girl--or anyone else for that matter. We're talking about a nice guy and a very nice family. Period.

Sounds like that Madness situation may be a bit of a train wreck. So what? If you don't like it, pack up your crap and move on. Either way, quit sniveling...it's pathetic.

From what I understand, it was not him that that ridiculed or humiliated any 13 year old girl, it was the manager and another coach that did all that. This girl that was humiliated was a very close friend of his (this "nice guy") , and he did nothing about it, he just allowed it to happen.
welovesoftballtoo

by Skarp » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:56 pm

welovesoftballtoo wrote:
Skarp wrote:Normally I remain studiously neutral in these situations, but I'm making an exception here.

From what I understand, it was not him that that ridiculed or humiliated any 13 year old girl, it was the manager and another coach that did all that. This girl that was humiliated was a very close friend of his (this "nice guy") , and he did nothing about it, he just allowed it to happen.

So you're saying that the OP was formerly a "very close friend" of this guy, but is now dragging him through the mud on a national forum because of the actions of other people?

Or is the OP just some concerned 3rd party witness to all of this abuse, ridicule and humiliation (which was comprised of what, precisely)?
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA