Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

CIF ss date for travel ball teams

by Demonboy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:32 am

Looking at team calendars, I can't find anyone playing beyond the 15th
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by jmo » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:33 am

Ace wrote:Its Feb. 16th

Feb. 16th is the official first day of High School practice. You can still play travel ball up until the first official high school game. I believe scrimmages start on Feb.28th. Most travel teams shut down on Feb. 15th.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Ace » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:36 am

Its not the game, its the season. Tell your A.D. that your kid is playing travel ball during his season and see what happens.
"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."
Ace

by 3rd Base Coach » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:22 pm

EVERY year people come onto the chat boards & 'discuss' the dates that girls can not play travelball. And EVERY year I put the same CIF rule on the thread.

In past years, a student could participate in softball outside her 'season of sport' up until her 1st season game (NOT scrimmage). Thus this year I will have my H S players play a game on thursday evening, march 5th.

CIF Rule : 2507
CIF Rule : 2514 ----- "is defined as that period which begins with a student's 1st
interscholastic competition " ----------
CIF Season of Sport : rule Bylaw 511.

note : I am not really having my H S players play a travelball game on thursday, March 5th - but we could. We will be having a regular practice to prepare for our March 6th tournament. Most travelball teams 'shut down' in mid feb because there is no one to play.
Does some travel team want to play my team on Sunday, March 1st?
3rd Base Coach

by Iluvblue » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:41 pm

"is defined as that period which begins with a student's 1st
interscholastic competition " ----

Competition means actual game with umpires and it goes on the teams record. A travel player under our section rules can play up till their HS team has played a real GAME. So that time will vary from school to school.

there is no DATE. The rule is very clear. Look at your sections rules and read them. This will stop all of the uninformed from making everyone panic. by the way, half the HS coaches dont know the rule.... heck, probably more like 90% of them.
Iluvblue

Previous

Return to CA