Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Firecrackers 96

by comingdown » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:48 pm

So I am hearing that the Firecrackers 96 are not playing friendlies for a little while... Apparently, the coach does not believe the team is good enough to play right now. I have seen them play many times, along with the other top teams, and this is what I see.....

* (#2) One of the best pitcher in 12U, great instincts, very tough to beat.
* (#26) One of the best catchers in 12U, gun for an arm, good instincts, hits for avg. and power.
* (#12) One of the best middle infielders in 12U, great arm, good instincts, big bat!
* (#5) One of the best 1st basemen in 12U, good instincts, very consistant good hitter, that hits for power and avg.
* (#7) Decent catcher, but a great 2nd basemen, good instincts at 2nd base, good hitter.
* (#44) One of the best pitchers in 12U, doesn't play enough!

The point is that this is a great team, with great talent.... I wouldn't push the panic button if I was their coach. This team is going to be just fine....
comingdown

by artomatic » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:15 pm

whats up with you comingdown?
you have 5 posts on heybucket, and 4 of them are about the firecrackers 96 team.
but you say you are not affiliated with that team...
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Clean_up » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:22 pm

Seriously, what's the big deal? It's very early and maybe the coach feels the team needs to work on stuff "within the team" before playing other teams again. Posting all about it to me is pushing the "panic button", why not just let them do their thing and reserve judgment until they start playing again?

The Firecrackers are one of the BEST teams in 12U already, full of talent - no need to shout out all the players on the team, we all know they can play ball...
Clean_up

by comingdown » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:33 pm

like most, just an observer. I have been around the game for 35 or so years and have seen alot of softball. Just wanted to bring up that some coaches need not believe their own press. It does not matter who is #1 or #2, it is about teaching the girls about life lessons through the game, along with having opportunity to further their playing via college, if that blessing comes to pass
comingdown

by artomatic » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:38 pm

so...you're the old guy in the trenchcoat hanging around the fields watching their kids and documenting their #'s and positions?
weird.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AgentIceMom » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:39 pm

Unless this decision was made last night, it is not true. They were at a friendly just yesterday. Scores are posted.
AgentIceMom

by Clean_up » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:39 pm

comingdown wrote:like most, just an observer. I have been around the game for 35 or so years and have seen alot of softball. Just wanted to bring up that some coaches need not believe their own press. It does not matter who is #1 or #2, it is about teaching the girls about life lessons through the game, along with having opportunity to further their playing via college, if that blessing comes to pass

All that is true, but what has that got to do with not playing games for a little while because a coach maybe thinks his teams needs to work on some more stuff? Perhaps the lesson is in studying (practice) a little more before you take the test (game)... ;)
Clean_up

by CharlieHough » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:46 pm

Perhaps comingdown and bracketologist are one and the same????

hmmmmmmm another mystery in this digital life we call Hey Bucket.

and where is K-MOM when we need him!
I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it!

Billy Jack...1971
CharlieHough

by txfpcoach » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:14 pm

Last edited by txfpcoach on Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
txfpcoach

by anonlooker » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:15 pm

comingdown wrote:like most, just an observer. I have been around the game for 35 or so years and have seen alot of softball. Just wanted to bring up that some coaches need not believe their own press. It does not matter who is #1 or #2, it is about teaching the girls about life lessons through the game, along with having opportunity to further their playing via college, if that blessing comes to pass

No, you're not like most. Most of us have kids who play the game, which explains why we are at the park and have inside info about the team / players. What separates us from you is we don't pretend to be some old guy who just happened to take an intense interest in a bunch of 12U girls playing softball.

Why is it we get this BS story every time a parent wants to go on the internet and complain?

Rather than airing complaints on a public forum, how about you grow a pair and discuss the situation directly with the coach? What a wimp!
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

Next

Return to CA