Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Softball in San Diego

by pitchersmom96 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:22 am

Taking a break from Academy for a moment. Where in the heck is TNL 96/97 12U ? I see their name pop up here and there but not consistently.

They were just at Strike Force friendly, jmo that results were posted in score board section. I know it says Powersurge beat them good game but I heard opposite.

I do agree with Spazdad. You have better chance of finding Waldo then TNL at a good friendly.
pitchersmom96

by hotwheels » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:44 am

pitchersmom96 wrote:
Taking a break from Academy for a moment. Where in the heck is TNL 96/97 12U ? I see their name pop up here and there but not consistently.

They were just at Strike Force friendly, jmo that results were posted in score board section. I know it says Powersurge beat them good game but I heard opposite.

I do agree with Spazdad. You have better chance of finding Waldo then TNL at a good friendly.

Our Xpress 96 team played them last weekend at the OC Desperados friendly. They took a 3 to 0 lead on us in the first 2 innings and we came back and tied it at 3. We took the lead in the top half of the last inning when time was called so it was a tie....They do have a good team JMO....They have pretty good hitting and good pitching......Not bad at all! That is the first time I've seen this team anywhere though....
hotwheels

by HD SBDAD » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:15 pm

TNL is playing in the Minors Gold friendly this Sunday at Wheatfield
HD SBDAD

by SunnySanDiego » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:00 am

TNL is here. We just played at the Minors Gold Tourney and went 3-0. Beating Desert Blaze, Lights Out and Power Surge 97. Power Surge 96 beat us 7-0. Had a bad inning and that is when all the runs scored. Had a great game against Corona Xpress, American Athletics a couple weeks ago. We do need to see better teams real soon. Headed to Vegas this weekend. Pool games, Team Arizona 97, Raiders 96 and Team Smith 97. Any insight on these teams?
SunnySanDiego

by hotwheels » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:51 am

SunnySanDiego wrote:TNL is here. We just played at the Minors Gold Tourney and went 3-0. Beating Desert Blaze, Lights Out and Power Surge 97. Power Surge 96 beat us 7-0. Had a bad inning and that is when all the runs scored. Had a great game against Corona Xpress, American Athletics a couple weeks ago. We do need to see better teams real soon. Headed to Vegas this weekend. Pool games, Team Arizona 97, Raiders 96 and Team Smith 97. Any insight on these teams?

I don't know anything about Team Arizona 97 but let's just figure they suck because they aren't from So Cal....JUST KIDDING EVERYONE!.....NOT!

You will do fine with Team Smith 97......Raiders 96 can hit!! Flat out, throw your #1 for that game and use smart pitch calling.....Last I heard, they were struggling with some pitching injuries but that team can hit...period!

Play like you guys did at that friendly we saw you at 2 weeks ago and you'll do just fine...You guys are a quality team and we thought your team was the best competition that day....We look forward to seeing you guys up there!.....Xpress
hotwheels

by MrSanDiego » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:07 pm

Well it took 5 pages and I got ONE Academy Parent to chime in before it finally devolved into a TNL discussion (don't they always).

I still find it hard to believe that Starry didn't come in and defend herself.

Some nice San Diego High School competition at Kit Karson in Escondido this week. All the top teams are there. If you have some time...stop by.

Any bets on who takes it? Escondido? Cathedral?
MrSanDiego

by pitchersmom96 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:19 pm

Some nice San Diego High School competition at Kit Karson in Escondido this week. All the top teams are there. If you have some time...stop by.

Is there a schedule online anywhere?
pitchersmom96

by pitchersmom96 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:10 am

pitchersmom96

by 4sandiegans » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:30 am

I am one of the infamous Academy Parents. As they say: "I didn't know I had a problem" until I saw this post. Yes, my daughter isn't good enough to play for the Crunch, and I pay for my daughter to play TB, but I am ok with that. That being said, our local fall recreational league is pretty weak and my daughter wanted to get better so she could compete for All Stars "catcher" this summer. Throwing down to a statue on 2nd base isn't going to help her get better. I liked the parents/players at Academy and thought what the heck, one season won't hurt anybody.
I have spent some time around disfunctional coaching situations as a youth and WILL NOT subject my kids to that. This group of TB girls are very close, and the parents get along as well. We have developed a close knit group that genuinely enjoys getting together. After one 2nd place finish this winter, the coaches gave a heartfelt speech that had all of us hugging and crying afterward. We may not be blowing away those of you who are observing but we don't care. My daughter is having fun and in these developmental years she has friends who are like minded and who I don't object to having around. My daughter has fun, she is competitive, and we win some games! As the parent of a slightly above average player I am happy if my daughter is happy. "Daddy, I threw out a girl at 2nd" is a reason for ice cream with the family. Now when we play spring recreational ball my daughter says "daddy, that girl doesn't throw as hard as the girl from the crunch" and goes to bat with determination! From where I stand, that is "good enough for me"!
Just my opinion
J
Last edited by 4sandiegans on Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
America's Finest City
4sandiegans

by TShark » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:24 am

Dude, you siad enough. If your kid is happy your happy. Nuff said
TShark

PreviousNext

Return to CA