Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

10u Top five

by CoachJHirsh » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:05 pm

How are all you East Coast, Mid West and Southern teams doing out there. West Coast teams would appreciate updates on friendlies and tournaments and who's who regarding teams from these regions.
CoachJHirsh
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Gator02Coach » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:23 pm

Coach,
Softball is alive and well even here in Indiana in January. Most of us are indoors practicing and playing tourneys. As a fan of softball I'd like to say how impressed I was with all the California teams from last years ASA Nationals in Bloomington Indiana last August! It was a true pleasure to watch your daughters play the game. I really enjoyed watching the 01 Firecrackers take home the title! Great team!

As a coach I made notes, watched intently and was really motivated to not only step up our game but work towards taking my 02 team to ASA Nationals next summer in Bowling Green, Kentucky. I coach the 02 Indiana Gators and I was down there specifically watching the 01 Indiana Gators. Nick Carver's team finished 5th last year there at ASA and finished I believe the year with well over 90+ wins with only 3 losses all season including 2 losses in the ASA tourney.

My team currently is 30-2-1 where we are 6 for 6 in tourney championship wins and 2-2 in 12u play. We'll be playing 4 tourneys up in 12u in the next 2 months. Just trying to push our team to play the best and biggest we can find. Obviously in Indiana we're just a little far from California and have no way of knowing how we would stand up (if at all) to western teams but since someone asked about midwest teams thought I'd respond. We'll be going to Ohio, Illinois and with any luck maybe down south to test ourselves against the best from other areas!

Good luck to all of you and again - thanks from a softball fan for giving me some insight into California ball! It truly was a great experience watching those 9 and 10 year old girls play,
Gator02Coach

by CoachJHirsh » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:57 am

Coach

The Gators team was a good team! They were the ones who handed us our second loss and sent us home. One of the best games of the weekend. We were down by one run and loaded the bases twice and couldn't get it done! Better team won. Hope to see you guys in Kentucky. Thank you for the update! Good luck with your season.
CoachJHirsh
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Gator02Coach » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:58 am

CoachJ that was an incredible game! I was there and WOW! Playing under the lights with what looked like hundreds of people around watching! Just an incredible atmosphere and a great game between 2 great teams! I was really impressed by your team and have nothing but high respect for your program! Keep up the great work and good luck!
Gator02Coach

by Impact 10 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:55 pm

I was wondering if any California, Texas, Indiana or any another teams would like to meet in Texas or somewhere to play a tournament sometime in the first of June. I think it would be good for all of us to meet and see where we stack up. It would be nice to see all the top teams play in more of a friendly environment before it gets serious. To the gators coach if you can swing it there is a big tournament in Ga the first weekend of April where all the top teams in the southeast will be there. If you can't make that there is another big tournament in Tennessee in May that will be good. As for the California teams please let me know when there is a big tournament in Vegas we are thinking of making the trip out there.

Please let me know if anyone is interested in doing this.

Good luck to everyone

Ga Impact 02
Impact 10

by PairOfAces » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:56 pm

Impact 10 wrote:I was wondering if any California, Texas, Indiana or any another teams would like to meet in Texas or somewhere to play a tournament sometime in the first of June. I think it would be good for all of us to meet and see where we stack up. It would be nice to see all the top teams play in more of a friendly environment before it gets serious. To the gators coach if you can swing it there is a big tournament in Ga the first weekend of April where all the top teams in the southeast will be there. If you can't make that there is another big tournament in Tennessee in May that will be good. As for the California teams please let me know when there is a big tournament in Vegas we are thinking of making the trip out there.

Please let me know if anyone is interested in doing this.

Good luck to everyone

Ga Impact 02

St Paddy's Classic for 10U and 14U is March 9-10; 12U get the actual St. Paddy's weekend all to themselves. Check out lvtourneys.com and come on out.
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Gator02Coach » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:26 am

Impact10 - could you forward/email me the info or links for those 2 tourneys you mentioned in Georgia & Tennessee -> gators2002coach@yahoo.com . I've actually been looking at tourneys in Tennessee, Alabama or Georgia. Memorial Day weekend would probably make the most sense from a logical standpoint for us and for parents. I had my eye on Turf Wars in Alabama in March but just came across it to late to make that happen. But like you, I'd really like to get my girls into some good competition in a lower stress environment before ASA Nationals.

Any advice on how to find the bigger tourneys in the south?
Thanks !
Gator02Coach

by atlrangers » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:45 pm

Gators02,

Carrollton Classic 7GG is the next big tournament the first weekend of April. You can go to www.usfastpitch.com and then go to Georgia. Great tournament. As Impact 10 said we our ready to see some bright new faces in the softball world.
atlrangers

by CoachJHirsh » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:54 am

What about Turf Wars Tournament? Does it draw mostly from NE and SE?
CoachJHirsh
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Impact 10 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:35 pm

Turf Wars draws all the best teams from the southeast. It is one of the biggest of the spring it should have around 30 10u teams in it. It is very good tournament against some great teams.
Impact 10

PreviousNext

Return to CA