Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Update 12 Rankings, Bracketologist?

by SSdad » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:32 pm

Who kidnapped the real Jesse? lol

btw...I only counted like 7 errors....not too bad :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It's better to keep your mouth shut and look like you're stupid......
than to open it and remove all doubt.
SSdad

by Luv_SC » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:01 pm

Good thoughts and no worries about the errors. Could prove to be an excellent recruiting/PR tool thats what I viewed it as and no I am not contacting Jesse just for the record.
Luv_SC

by LA FAMILIA » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:08 pm

Love2Coach wrote:Hello Heybucketers, I dont usually write much on The Bucket cuz my spelling sucks but here is my two cents.....I read over and over about the best pitcher, the big bats, so forth and so on, and dont get me wrong this realy help, but what we overlook most of the time is the long term effect on these YOUNG girls based on the coaching ability. Time and time I have seen great naturally talented players on decent teams but moderate coaching, getting by on their natural ability and not really getting fundementaly better, I have seen alot of that in 12's. So as you put together information and compile stats everyone seems to come up with predictions that will be short lived in the big scheme of most of these ball players based on weekend scores, when we should look further into what realy generates a good team, Disipline, Passion, Respect and the True Love of the game is what makes good players and GREAT teams.

Well anyways Im a much better speaker than a writer. But I guess what Im trying to say over the last 20 plus seasons coaching I first try to be the best coach that I can be if I can expect to have great ball players, and yes I will and have made mistakes but I will learn from them as we tell our girls that they will learn from theirs. We will be good by the end of the season, we will be better in the comming years, but hopefully we will all be GREAT in the real game that most of us call LIFE...and if we can pick up a couple of great softball games along the way, we'll take it.

Coach Jess (Sorry for the grammer)

Hey Jess you can be a good sales man.. :lol:
Jesse we wish you the best of the lucks for this coming season.
LA FAMILIA

by AM Softball » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:21 pm

d-fense wrote:"The coaches did not pay attention to what wins 12u nationals for So.CA every year … and that is defense not offense."

Listen up coaches!! Take note!

This is so not accurate and too many college coaches disagree to take notes on this. If you don't score, you don't win. A great TEAM wins nationals (pitching, catching, defense, and offense) not defense alone; this sounds foolish.

Two random examples:

#1 Jennie Finch in HS. In League, she threw 5 games: 4 perfect games and a no hitter, had great defense but she would lose 1-0 in CIF because La Mirada could never score. If you don't score, you don't win.

#2 Taking it way old school: Michelle Granger, one of the best pitchers ever, never won a Championship for the same reason. Her team could never score for her and she'd lose 15 inning games, etc. because of it.

One HR wins that game so don't say offense doesn't matter!
AM Softball

by AM Softball » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:27 pm

Love2Coach wrote:Hello Heybucketers, I dont usually write much on The Bucket cuz my spelling sucks but here is my two cents.....I read over and over about the best pitcher, the big bats, so forth and so on, and dont get me wrong this realy help, but what we overlook most of the time is the long term effect on these YOUNG girls based on the coaching ability. Time and time I have seen great naturally talented players on decent teams but moderate coaching, getting by on their natural ability and not really getting fundementaly better, I have seen alot of that in 12's. So as you put together information and compile stats everyone seems to come up with predictions that will be short lived in the big scheme of most of these ball players based on weekend scores, when we should look further into what realy generates a good team, Disipline, Passion, Respect and the True Love of the game is what makes good players and GREAT teams.

Well anyways Im a much better speaker than a writer. But I guess what Im trying to say over the last 20 plus seasons coaching I first try to be the best coach that I can be if I can expect to have great ball players, and yes I will and have made mistakes but I will learn from them as we tell our girls that they will learn from theirs. We will be good by the end of the season, we will be better in the comming years, but hopefully we will all be GREAT in the real game that most of us call LIFE...and if we can pick up a couple of great softball games along the way, we'll take it.

Coach Jess (Sorry for the grammer)

I told you this weekend and I mean it: I believe you have the best team (besides ours! hehe)

(Nothing against any of the other teams because I also told a Corona Angel Mom that MANY teams, including theirs, could win this thing!)

I just believe Jess has pitching, defense, bats, and good coaching...
AM Softball

by LA FAMILIA » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:46 pm

Braket.....you make me laugh. My DD Coaches say if we dont hit we dont win.
the last weekend my DD team was trying out one girl in two diferent positions and 2 different games in both occations we were up in the score and when she had to complete the plays, she threw over trows or she was late. The thing is that she let the teams get up in the score but when she came up to bat, she made it up by hitting over .500 and every time she came up to bat we had runners in bases. We ended up wining both games.
LA FAMILIA

by SB drama » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:47 pm

Something positive about Jesse? What is going on with this world :lol:
SB drama

by AM Softball » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:39 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Funny that the phrase in ball has always been if you can hit the ball we will find a place for you to play. How many players can you name that are studs on defense but go 0- when it comes to batting and still have starting spots? You can't have a bunch of weak defensive players but you for sure can't hide 4 weak bats in your lineup.

I can name....ummmm...NONE!

Now back in the day (like 10-20 yeas ago) I think you saw some catchers that were DEFO's (old school lingo) but that was because the pitcher catcher relationship was so important and big time pitchers wanted to be comfortable with their catchers.

Example: Michelle Gromacki was Michelle Smith's catcher when it counted, even if they had to hit for Michelle G. She was AWESOME behind the plate and when Smitty was happy and in touch with Gromacki, she was unstoppable...

Nowdays, it just doesn't happen though. You have to hit to survive in this softball world.
AM Softball

by strikezone99 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:53 pm

CharlieHough wrote:On a side note..........anyone know the real identity of Bracketologist?

i think that might be hmmmmm not quiet sure! :lol: :lol:
Stop living your dream through your kids, let your kids live their own dreams!!!
strikezone99

by weekend4trvl » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:06 pm

AM Softball wrote:
d-fense wrote:"The coaches did not pay attention to what wins 12u nationals for So.CA every year … and that is defense not offense."

Listen up coaches!! Take note!

This is so not accurate and too many college coaches disagree to take notes on this. If you don't score, you don't win. A great TEAM wins nationals (pitching, catching, defense, and offense) not defense alone; this sounds foolish.

Two random examples:

#1 Jennie Finch in HS. In League, she threw 5 games: 4 perfect games and a no hitter, had great defense but she would lose 1-0 in CIF because La Mirada could never score. If you don't score, you don't win.

#2 Taking it way old school: Michelle Granger, one of the best pitchers ever, never won a Championship for the same reason. Her team could never score for her and she'd lose 15 inning games, etc. because of it.

One HR wins that game so don't say offense doesn't matter!

I agree with AM...bout two years ago I went on college softball recruiting website. It was pretty clear that scouts are looking for bats. It's easier to teach defence than offence. Great hitters are born not taught.
weekend4trvl

Previous

Return to CA