Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Coach's Conduct

by inthezone » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:54 pm

I am a parent of a Thunder girl. The coaches resolved whatever issues that had happened after the game amicably. There is no need to bash on the Firecrackers coach or the 12U girl. Let's put it to rest and look forward to some good softball this season.
inthezone

by anonlooker » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:55 pm

redzone wrote:Another week, another Heybucket brouhaha. It's amazing what a change of perspective can do to an incident. I'm the Firecracker scorekeeper, sitting next to the dugout. So here's what I saw:

Our hitter gets nailed in the back with a pitch. It wasn't a changeup. She grits her teeth and runs to first. Two our three batters later, the Thunder third baseman is crying. Timeout is called. The umpires come out to check on her.

In the Firecracker dugout, the girls have no idea what has happened. The Firecracker parents in the stands also don't know why the third baseman is crying. Some speculated that she was not feeling well.

Our parents didn't find out what happened until Ken came into the dugout for the next half inning. Our girls didn't find out until after the game.

This idea that the Firecracker players would celebrate when opponents are crying is absolutely insane. After the game, Ken calmly explained the situation to the Thunder coaches, who appeared to agree and understand.

The Firecrackers win more games than we lose, and we're a competitive team. But it is apparently much easier to lob misinformation inside the anonymity of a message board than it is to talk with any of us in the stands.

Just play softball.

Okay, so I'm with Spazsdad on this one... what happened??

You claim to have the authoritative version, and based on that we should forget it and "just play softball". But you really didn't add anything new.

Why not?

Why was the 3B crying? What "situation" did Ken have to explain to the Thunder coaches?

If you're going to respond to your coach and players being called out, then why not address the charges?

Just curious. And I take back what I wrote a while ago about 14's being the most interesting in SoCal this Spring. It seems 12's will forever be much more fascinating, at least when it comes to extracurricular parental character studies.
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by redzone » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:05 pm

I was responding to the claim that Firecracker players were somehow celebrating because another girl was crying. I was sitting next to the dugout, and that didn't happen.

No one on the Firecracker sidelines knew what prompted the Thunder player to start crying. As I said, in the next half inning, our coach told us.

I don't know the exact words, but the Thunder third baseman made a comment to her pitcher after the Firecracker was hit. Our coach, who has known the third baseman for years and is friends with her mother, told her that the comment was inappropriate. Two batters later, the umpires came out to check on the third baseman, who was crying.

That's the whole story, except for the quotes. It wasn't an international incident.
redzone

by weekend4trvl » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:17 pm

redzone wrote:I was responding to the claim that Firecracker players were somehow celebrating because another girl was crying. I was sitting next to the dugout, and that didn't happen.

No one on the Firecracker sidelines knew what prompted the Thunder player to start crying. As I said, in the next half inning, our coach told us.

I don't know the exact words, but the Thunder third baseman made a comment to her pitcher after the Firecracker was hit. Our coach, who has known the third baseman for years and is friends with her mother, told her that the comment was inappropriate. Two batters later, the umpires came out to check on the third baseman, who was crying.

That's the whole story, except for the quotes. It wasn't an international incident.

You must be Ken's mom. Your going spend the whole season defending him on Heybucket.
weekend4trvl

by redzone » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:22 pm

Just telling the truth. But I can't wait to change my Heybucket handle to "Ken'sMom."
redzone

by CharlieHough » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:33 pm

Just telling the truth. But I can't wait to change my Heybucket handle to "Ken'sMom."

Don't worry about your HeyBucket handle.....You know the the Firecracker Parents will never use your real name again!

See you tonight....Ken'sMom
I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it!

Billy Jack...1971
CharlieHough

by Luv_SC » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:35 pm

For those of us that know you both thats just darn right hysterical. I will never be able to look at either of you again and not laugh. That was the funniest thing I have heard all day. Maybe you should get a shirt that says that and wear it at friendlies and tourneys.
Luv_SC

by Clean_up » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:45 pm

Let's not forget the evil 3B on the Firecrackers who mad-dogs players as they come up to bat and high-fives the pitchers before each and every pitch, plus the team actually celebrates when they get a strike out and they have enthusiasm in the dugout - OMG, what is the softball world coming to... :o

Come on folks, these are kids. If Ken thought something another player said was inappropriate, perhaps he used poor judgement in directly addessing it with her, but most likely an honest mistake because he knows her. Obviously, everything is cool so why make a huge deal of it now?

Entertainment Value, I answered my own post within my post... :roll:
Clean_up

by Trophy Hunter » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:18 pm

Entertainment value is a good one!

And serious, if they girl didn't cry until two whole batters later, how is there a coorelation possible?
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by dirtwar » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:29 pm

"Zip it", Clean up.
dirtwar

PreviousNext

Return to CA