Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Coach's Conduct

by sportylife10 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:32 pm

I was told by parents that this particular coach frequents this site, and wanted to make a statement. I was appalled this afternoon when I watched a coach from a top 12U team, say some VERY inappropriate things to a 12U 3B during a game.

I, along with a well respected college coach, happened to be watching a relative of hers at another field and walked over to watch an excellent team play, Firecrackers. As we were standing behind the dugout, the coach of this Firecracker team, decided to get the attention of the 3B of the opposing team and tell her that saying "shake it off, it was a good pitch" to the pitcher...who pitched a change up that hit the batter was inappropriate and "how would you feel if we had our pitcher pitch the ball at you while you were at bat, and say..It was a good pitch"

The 3B began to cry and the team started laughing...along with the coach. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. The girls in the dugout then proceeded to repeat what the coach said to the player, with each other and one yelled it out to the parents and friends in the stands. We all heard it so did his team. As much as you may not believe it, the competitive softball world is a very small one and when you decide to make decisions like the one made by this coach, EVERYONE not only hears about it, but they remember for years to come. No matter what a little 12 year old may have said, a coach must go through the umpire to have an issue taken care of.
sportylife10

by dirtwar » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:58 pm

Hey Sportylife, before you attempt to start undeserved drama to a couple of great softball organizations, get your facts straight. While you and your undercover college coach had your chance to voice your opinion at the field, the coaches of the Firecrackers and the Thunder were working out the miscommunication. Before you post nonsense know what your talking about or don’t post anything at all. Try being productive not destructive. Additionally, you’re accusing 12 year old young ladies of acting inappropriately. Most of which had no idea what had occurred. If you are going to attempt to slander an outstanding organization like the Firecrackers, at least tell the truth. Your post is a pathetic exaggeration of events, out right lies.

Put up or shut up.
dirtwar

by SoftballSweetie » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:17 am

Ken made her cry to stall the game :lol:
Firecrackers, a classy organization but we all know the coach and his temper.
Last edited by SoftballSweetie on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
SoftballSweetie

by upurbox » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:20 am

sportylife10 wrote:I was told by parents that this particular coach frequents this site, and wanted to make a statement. I was appalled this afternoon when I watched a coach from a top 12U team, say some VERY inappropriate things to a 12U 3B during a game.

I, along with a well respected college coach, happened to be watching a relative of hers at another field and walked over to watch an excellent team play, Firecrackers. As we were standing behind the dugout, the coach of this Firecracker team, decided to get the attention of the 3B of the opposing team and tell her that saying "shake it off, it was a good pitch" to the pitcher...who pitched a change up that hit the batter was inappropriate and "how would you feel if we had our pitcher pitch the ball at you while you were at bat, and say..It was a good pitch"

The 3B began to cry and the team started laughing...along with the coach. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. The girls in the dugout then proceeded to repeat what the coach said to the player, with each other and one yelled it out to the parents and friends in the stands. We all heard it so did his team. As much as you may not believe it, the competitive softball world is a very small one and when you decide to make decisions like the one made by this coach, EVERYONE not only hears about it, but they remember for years to come. No matter what a little 12 year old may have said, a coach must go through the umpire to have an issue taken care of.

FIRST ITS "TEACH YOUR KIDS TO PLAY FIRECRACKER STYLE" AUTHOR :12UDAD
AND NOW THIS........ :oops:

AND THE BEST PART IS YOU JUST HAPPEND TO WALK OVER AND HEAR ALL THIS, BUT YOUR IN NO WAY ASSOCIATED WITH THUNDER ;)
PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN STAIRS...
upurbox

by scorkep » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:23 am

Well maybe Thunder was beating his team again, and he had to try something!!! :lol: :lol:
scorkep

by AM Softball » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:37 am

SoftballSweetie wrote:Ken made her cry to stall the game :lol:
Firecrackers, a classy organization but we all know the coach and his temper.

LOL I can see the "Anger Management" Top 5 (or whatever it was last year) post coming soon! LOL Who will make the final cut? LOL
AM Softball

by as the world turns » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:42 am

A battle of the one post wonders. :roll:
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by redzone » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:09 am

Another week, another Heybucket brouhaha. It's amazing what a change of perspective can do to an incident. I'm the Firecracker scorekeeper, sitting next to the dugout. So here's what I saw:

Our hitter gets nailed in the back with a pitch. It wasn't a changeup. She grits her teeth and runs to first. Two our three batters later, the Thunder third baseman is crying. Timeout is called. The umpires come out to check on her.

In the Firecracker dugout, the girls have no idea what has happened. The Firecracker parents in the stands also don't know why the third baseman is crying. Some speculated that she was not feeling well.

Our parents didn't find out what happened until Ken came into the dugout for the next half inning. Our girls didn't find out until after the game.

This idea that the Firecracker players would celebrate when opponents are crying is absolutely insane. After the game, Ken calmly explained the situation to the Thunder coaches, who appeared to agree and understand.

The Firecrackers win more games than we lose, and we're a competitive team. But it is apparently much easier to lob misinformation inside the anonymity of a message board than it is to talk with any of us in the stands.

Just play softball.
redzone

by AM Softball » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:54 pm

Spazsdad wrote:So why was she crying?
These threads are funny. A new poster jumps in with accusations, both sides banter back and forth with the he said/she said, someone professes to know the truth and steps in to settle the matter, but the initial points are never actually refuted. Kind of like politics.

Amen, which is why these boards are for scores and entertainment purposes. Two different stories, two sides of the spectrum, two totally different peerceptions!

A parent from Thunder said it WAS a change-up (so theres a conflict already) and that he said something to her (not yelling) but that he did say something and she did cry because of what was said.

I wasn't there but only post to show that if you ask 40 people at the game, you'll get 40 different answers!
AM Softball

by dodgerblue » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:11 pm

I don't know about you guy's but the next time I'm at a tournament that the 12U firecrackers are in I'm going to make sure that I don't miss the excitement. To the firecrackers let the haters hate they usually do when they get beat by a superior team. This is funny, I miss 12U. :lol:
dodgerblue

Next

Return to CA