Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

American Athletics

by Rich » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:43 am

I'm starting to get the idea that Obama didn't get a lot of votes from the posters on this thread. All this take responsibility for your own actions stuff is not in step with our current political climate. The voters in this country want protection from their own sloth and mistakes.
Rich

by Skarp » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:31 pm

Rich wrote:I'm starting to get the idea that Obama didn't get a lot of votes from the posters on this thread. All this take responsibility for your own actions stuff is not in step with our current political climate. The voters in this country want protection from their own sloth and mistakes.

I like you. Except when you disagree with me.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bringit » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:51 pm

Let's move on with this geez! The great thing is the AA's player is okay and may even play this weekend and because of the injury- some may and some may not wear a mask. Whatever the choice -I pray all have a safe and have a productive softball weekend. No rain!!!!!!!!!!
bringit

by Rich » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:22 pm

Skarp wrote:
Rich wrote:I'm starting to get the idea that Obama didn't get a lot of votes from the posters on this thread. All this take responsibility for your own actions stuff is not in step with our current political climate. The voters in this country want protection from their own sloth and mistakes.

Did you used to have a different name on eteamZ?
Rich

by Skarp » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:47 pm

Rich wrote:
Skarp wrote:

Did you used to have a different name on eteamZ?

What's that?
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Cookie » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:58 pm

GSB wrote:LOL,

Cops enforce the laws, they don't make em. With that being said, I have had to enforce many laws that I don't agree with.

1) drinking and driving
2) prostitution
3) felony beating up an umpire
4) ask question first before shooting
I'm not driving....
Cookie

by Rich » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:07 pm

Cookie wrote:

Cops enforce the laws, they don't make em. With that being said, I have had to enforce many laws that I don't agree with.

1) drinking and driving
2) prostitution

If cops don't like enforcing prostitution laws why do they spend so much time staging "sting" operations for that crime????? Judging by the resources put into those stings, I was thinking that is their favorite law to enforce.
Rich

by GSB » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:44 pm

Rich wrote:
Cookie wrote:

1) drinking and driving
2) prostitution

If cops don't like enforcing prostitution laws why do they spend so much time staging "sting" operations for that crime????? Judging by the resources put into those stings, I was thinking that is their favorite law to enforce.

Well, I guess the best way to put it is the squeaky wheel gets the grease. The police have two methods of prioritizing enforcement. The proactive....ie traffic enforcement, narcotic enforcement and the community based or reactive....ie prostitution stings, public calls for service and educational calls (giving talks to schools and public groups).

With the prostitution stings, police are responding to complaints from the public. When an area gets a certain amount of complaints, the police are obligated to take action. Again, many officers may not agree with the law they are enforcing. They take an oath to enforce the laws of the land without prejudice. "prejudice is not a reference to skin color."

I have seen some very outspoken pro-life police officers having to defend abortion clinics. While their pro-life friends throw rocks and bottles at them. I have seen officers that believe marijuana should be legal make arrests for possession. I have even seen officers that believe prostitution should not be a crime have to work prostitution stings. Its just part of the job.
To each their own.
GSB

by artomatic » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:49 pm

GSB wrote:With the prostitution stings, police are responding to complaints from the public. When an area gets a certain amount of complaints, the police are obligated to take action.

NumeroUno wants to know where the next prostitution sting is going to be set up... :shock:
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GSB » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:52 pm

artomatic wrote:NumeroUno wants to know where the next prostitution sting is going to be set up... :shock:

Art if we get one more complaint from your house, we are doing one there. What some guys won't do for a buck.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To each their own.
GSB

PreviousNext

Return to CA