Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

San Fernando Valley 12u Travel Softball

by girlzgotgame » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:40 am

yankee4life wrote:
Under the Radar wrote:Yankee,
You sound like you are offended & if I offended you I am sorry I do not think I siad anything negative about them at all. I am not worried about Valley Breeze & I hope they or you do great.

I want to apologize to Under the Radar. I was just being a smart a-s-s. I have no bad or negative feelings toward Valley Tribe players and especially their coaching staff. If I offended you or any of your player or player parents I am sorry. I was just joking around. I know the coaches and I know some of the parents and girls, and never meant for my comments to go that far. Again like I said before good luck to all Valley 12U team. We need to give our valley girls something to stay for.

This was suppose to be a conversation about SFV softball not just the Valley Tribe. I am glad to see there are teams that families can choose from in valley and near by vicinities. I understand not everyone has the need or desire to talk their team up. I would hate for the Tribe to be "the end all be all for girls in the region". Unfortunately not all girls meet their standards, and that's fine. That's way I'm glad other teams or out there. So families don't give. One of the posters wrote that 12u is should be instructional. There are teams out their that are focused on improving girls not just winning. Not everyone feels that way, and that's fine too. We just need to fine what works best for our girls.

I don't see way Yankee for Life felt the need to issue an apology.

Good luck to all, hope your DD's learn something this season...oh yeah and win too! [/color]until the next discussion.
girlzgotgame

by anonlooker » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:39 pm

so g3, did you end up with a list of teams in SFV, or... ?

Curious because you wrote "glad to see there are teams that families can choose from in valley and near by vicinities." And I'm still not sure that's true.

Other than Tribe and Breeze...??
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by sb junkie » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:58 pm

girlzgotgame wrote:I guess VT must must be the BEST team in the SFV, since that's the only team everyone is talking about.

It would have been nice for people to discuss the other teams that UNDERTHERADAR listed.

Maybe none of those other teams will place better than 7th, seven months from now. I'm sure VT will always own the dirt in the valley (although it's not worth much). I guess since the other teams in the valley aren't the best, VT will only travel to OC, Downey, etc.. and play against the elite teams and not bother with the slim pickens' of the valley.

Hopefully in a year or two the other teams like the Diamonds, Mayhem, will be just as good as VT and place in Nationals. Hopefully the competition in the valley will beef up. GOOOO VT...What is a TRIBETTE? Is that what they call their players, sounds kinda park and rec'ish

Diamonds 18gold has been to the 'big show"many times and the Mayhem has been to 14 And 16 nationals under S.Biggs
sb junkie

by sb junkie » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:04 pm

They finished 7th at ASA Nats in 2008... not too shabby. So what "next level" are you talking about? Maybe your team plays in some Super Duper division the rest of us aren't aware of?[/quote]
I think they mean 16s and gold.You must have coaches with college contacts,thus going to O.C.would be a good idea.
sb junkie

by anonlooker » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:18 pm

sb junkie wrote:
Diamonds 18gold has been to the 'big show"many times and the Mayhem has been to 14 And 16 nationals under S.Biggs

I know of those teams, some very well in fact, and they are great organizations.

But they aren't in SFV, and the OP mentioned the opportunities to play in SFV, and I'm just trying to determine what those "more" opportunities are. Considering the size of The Valley, you'd think there would be more teams, coaches, etc. So for the benefit of any newb parents with kids who want to play year round, the more teams we can get listed the better. IMO

And for upper divisions, yeah, it seems OC is the place ya oughta be. :)
anonlooker

by sb junkie » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:56 am

Yup.your right.Slim pickins in SFV.
sb junkie

by girlzgotgame » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:52 am

When I first posted, I guess I should have said the SFV and the SURROUNDING areas including Simi and the Santa Clarita area. AND yes the only two teams I hear anything big about out of the SFV Proper is the Tribe and the Valley Breeze. I believe their is one or two teams starting up in Burbank, don't know how serious they will be. I'm glad their are choices if our DD's are good enough, you may have to drive a bit, but you do not HAVE to go to the OC. I do under stand that that is where the best teams are. :!:
girlzgotgame

by sb junkie » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:42 am

girlzgotgame wrote:When I first posted, I guess I should have said the SFV and the SURROUNDING areas including Simi and the Santa Clarita area. AND yes the only two teams I hear anything big about out of the SFV Proper is the Tribe and the Valley Breeze. I believe their is one or two teams starting up in Burbank, don't know how serious they will be. I'm glad their are choices if our DD's are good enough, you may have to drive a bit, but you do not HAVE to go to the OC. I do under stand that that is where the best teams are. :!:

OK,surroundung areas.Choppers,Breeze,Diamonds and Pumas are your only viable options once your DD is ready for Gold or go to the O.C.You must be on a team that goes to all the right showcases and play on the "good fields".Everyone else just plays daddyball!
sb junkie

by Ace » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:27 am

You forgot the 18gold Panthers out of Newbury Park
"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."
Ace

by anonlooker » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:13 pm

Edited so the teams won't be confused.
nm
Last edited by anonlooker on Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anonlooker

PreviousNext

Return to CA