Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

San Fernando Valley 12u Travel Softball

by hanico » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:25 pm

Anonlooker I will let time speak for itself. I will be back in 6 months and we will talk about this agian
hanico

by fungodude » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:22 am

There should be no reason for young ladies to have to travels to IE or OC to be on a good team. I will route for any SFV team unless we are facing eachother.

Route, route, route for the VT! If they can't spell it's a shame...
fungodude

by anonlooker » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:18 am

fungodude wrote:
There should be no reason for young ladies to have to travels to IE or OC to be on a good team. I will route for any SFV team unless we are facing eachother.

Route, route, route for the VT! If they can't spell it's a shame...

Root, root, root for the fungodude, if the kettle's black it's a shame... :roll:

i'm just sayin'
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by fungodude » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:33 am

Yeah, that was the joke, but thanks for clarifying it. ;)
Actually re the topic, there are many reasons why it is necessary to go to OC for competitive softball. In LA (and the Valley is also LA), there just isn't a softball culture like OC. Lots of other popular sports, like soccer and volleyball. Very few fields - a huge factor. Rec programs that don't feed travel programs. (The notable exception here is Mizuno Pride, which is actually run by the Torrance rec league). A lack of organizations that field more than one coach's DD team. VT is to be commended for being competitive in this environment. But in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
fungodude

by anonlooker » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:57 pm

hanico wrote:Anonlooker I will let time speak for itself. I will be back in 6 months and we will talk about this agian

Okay, but lets make it 7 months... you come back from Normal with a team of kids from SFV that finishes better than 7th and I'll concede your point... whatever it is. :P
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by hanico » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:03 pm

anonlooker wrote:
hanico wrote:Anonlooker I will let time speak for itself. I will be back in 6 months and we will talk about this agian

Okay, but lets make it 7 months... you come back from Normal with a team of kids from SFV that finishes better than 7th and I'll concede your point... whatever it is. :P

I'm not saying that, listen: they have peaked and it is all down hill from here. The older these girls get the better the coaching they need and that team isn't going to get that
hanico

by Under the Radar » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:15 pm

hanico,

Why do you care so much about them that would make you talk such smack? Was your kid cut from thier team? Have you been to thier practices & to thier games? What team is your DD on?
Under the Radar
Premium Member
Premium Member

by hanico » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:33 pm

Under the Radar wrote:hanico,

Why do you care so much about them that would make you talk such smack? Was your kid cut from thier team? Have you been to thier practices & to thier games? What team is your DD on?

I don't care about them at all and no my dd did not try out for that team. But if she did believe me she would make it. Someone said something about their team and I responded. This is a fastpitch discussion board right? I'm sorry but their is a reason why you hire all these ex college players to help you at practice.
hanico

by girlzgotgame » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:41 pm

I guess VT must must be the BEST team in the SFV, since that's the only team everyone is talking about.

It would have been nice for people to discuss the other teams that UNDERTHERADAR listed.

Maybe none of those other teams will place better than 7th, seven months from now. I'm sure VT will always own the dirt in the valley (although it's not worth much). I guess since the other teams in the valley aren't the best, VT will only travel to OC, Downey, etc.. and play against the elite teams and not bother with the slim pickens' of the valley.

Hopefully in a year or two the other teams like the Diamonds, Mayhem, will be just as good as VT and place in Nationals. Hopefully the competition in the valley will beef up. GOOOO VT...What is a TRIBETTE? Is that what they call their players, sounds kinda park and rec'ish
girlzgotgame

by yankee4life » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:24 pm

Under the Radar wrote:Yankee,
You sound like you are offended & if I offended you I am sorry I do not think I siad anything negative about them at all. I am not worried about Valley Breeze & I hope they or you do great.

I want to apologize to Under the Radar. I was just being a smart a-s-s. I have no bad or negative feelings toward Valley Tribe players and especially their coaching staff. If I offended you or any of your player or player parents I am sorry. I was just joking around. I know the coaches and I know some of the parents and girls, and never meant for my comments to go that far. Again like I said before good luck to all Valley 12U team. We need to give our valley girls something to stay for.
yankee4life

PreviousNext

Return to CA