Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

San Fernando Valley 12u Travel Softball

by anonlooker » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:48 pm

girlzgotgame wrote:I know there hasn't been a GUSHER of new teams. There does seem to be a little more to choose from than there was for the winter/spring 08 season. Girls just don't have to tryout for the Valley Tribe (even though the consensus is they are the BEST, I think they placed in nationals) or go to Downy, or Orange County to play IF they are good enough. I am glad there are more opportunities locally. Great discussion, lots of sarcasm though...it is just softball though right????

First off, big kudos to Valley Breeze for fielding teams in the lower age divisions. I didn't mention them originally because I wasn't sure about the 12's - I knew 14's had tryouts this past weekend after merging (?) with Sylmar Ladyhawks. Best of luck to your new teams.

The other teams listed are, to the best of my knowledge, not in SFV. There may be a 12U out of Burbank, but after that you're looking at Simi, Conejo, or Santa Clarita and beyond. Hence my "slim pickings" comment.

What has always mystified me about SFV TB is why there is so little participation. There are a decent number of kids in rec, but no real strong rec programs. So it may be a lack of good coaching at that level, leading a dearth of TB talent? You can find as many or more teams in Simi or Santa Clarita as you can in (the much larger) SFV.

And then there's your comment in bold above... it may be just softball in SFV, but down in O.C. it's a whole different story.

And yes, until someone proves otherwise on the dirt, it is The Tribe's valley. :lol:
(and no, DD isn't a Tribette!)
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by hanico » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:54 pm

It is the Tribes Valley for now that is for sure. They have 2 good pitchers that keep them in games. The problem with the tribe is the coaching they have cannot get them to the next level. That team has peeked and will be flying south here real soon. jmho
hanico

by girlzgotgame » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:03 pm

[quote]
Good comments anonlooker
girlzgotgame

by anonlooker » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:24 pm

hanico wrote:It is the Tribes Valley for now that is for sure. They have 2 good pitchers that keep them in games. The problem with the tribe is the coaching they have cannot get them to the next level. That team has peeked and will be flying south here real soon. jmho

They finished 7th at ASA Nats in 2008... not too shabby. So what "next level" are you talking about? Maybe your team plays in some Super Duper division the rest of us aren't aware of?
anonlooker

by hotwheels » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:25 pm

anonlooker wrote:
hanico wrote:It is the Tribes Valley for now that is for sure. They have 2 good pitchers that keep them in games. The problem with the tribe is the coaching they have cannot get them to the next level. That team has peeked and will be flying south here real soon. jmho

They finished 7th at ASA Nats in 2008... not too shabby. So what "next level" are you talking about? Maybe your team plays in some Super Duper division the rest of us aren't aware of?

Rumor has it they played in the Minor's Gold 97 World Friendly Championship last Sunday.... ;)
hotwheels

by anonlooker » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:33 pm

hotwheels wrote:

Rumor has it they played in the Minor's Gold 97 World Friendly Championship last Sunday.... ;)

Ah, well that explains everything! :lol:
anonlooker

by Under the Radar » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:39 pm

Yankee,
You sound like you are offended & if I offended you I am sorry I do not think I siad anything negative about them at all. I am not worried about Valley Breeze & I hope they or you do great.

Oh The Tribe was not at the MG 97 World Series. I can say this our coaches are constantly learning & bringing in Div. 1 colledge coaches to teach both the girls and the coaches. We have a great group of kids and personally I think all the new teams in the Valley area is a good thing for softball even the the Valley Breeze. There should be no reason for young ladies to have to travels to IE or OC to be on a good team. I will ROOT for any SFV team unless we are facing eachother.
Last edited by Under the Radar on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Under the Radar
Premium Member
Premium Member

by anonlooker » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:59 pm

Under the Radar wrote:Yankee,
You sound like you are offended & if I offended you I am sorry I do not think I siad anything negative about them at all. I am not worried about Valley Breeze & I hope they or you do great.

Oh The Tribe was not at the MG 97 World Series. I can say this our coaches are constantly learning & bringing in Div. 1 coaches to teach both the girls and the coaches. We have a great group of kids and personally I think all the new teams in the Valley area is a good thing for softball even the the Valley Breeze. There should be no reason for young ladies to have to travels to IE or OC to be on a good team. I will route for any SFV team unless we are facing eachother.

I think we were talking about Hanico's juggernaut!
anonlooker

by sb junkie » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:25 pm

12u should be instructional,so it really does'nt matter if you're the best in the valley.Daddyball plays a big part in 12s.By the time you dd is 15 be ready to move on to team and coach that has college contacts.Dad/coach let her learn from someone that knows what their doing.JMO
sb junkie

by girlzgotgame » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: San Fernando Valley 12u Travel Softball
12u should be instructional,so it really does'nt matter if you're the best in the valley.Daddyball plays a big part in 12s.By the time you dd is 15 be ready to move on to team and coach that has college contacts.Dad/coach let her learn from someone that knows what their doing.JMO

Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:25 pm

Wise comments! 15-18 IS when it really matters. I'm sure when the rec's are recruiting they aren't necessarily going to ask if a player won 12u nationals. A Team with college contacts is what we want, right? Isn't college why most of us are doing this for or girlz? I would hope an 18 Gold or 18u team would have college contacts. It's probably even good for 14-16u teams to have rec's on their Rolodexes. I would hate to be on the team that doesn't have contacts already established.
girlzgotgame

PreviousNext

Return to CA