Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

UPDATED! 12u Top Team Ranking – Pre ASA Nationals Poll!

by bracketologist » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:32 pm

Congratulations to OC Crush on winning the TCS World Series in Park City Utah – this is a great accomplishment for a great group of coaches, players, parents and supporters.

Congratulations to Firecrackers and Raiders for qualifying for ASA Nationals… now we can finely get this party started.
bracketologist

by bracketologist » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:00 pm

Frost Comets road just got a little tougher.. Two weeks before Nationals they lost starting catcher and #2 pitcher/ 1st base, which was also #4 & #5 batters.....

If this is true.. this will hurt. But hold on....... aren't they (Frost Comets) from SEC country? If so this is probably a misinformation trick (take the bull’s-eye off of the team)... Until I get confirmation the Frost Comets are still the favorite to win Nationals.

Second issue - pool play returns and it matters! I hope that all coaches are on their best behavior or ASA will go back to the blind draw format.

One of the reasons why ASA went to the blind draw format… a few years ago a 12u team from a leading So. Ca Organization with a very successful coach .. figured out if he lost all of his pool play games, it would force this three other main competitors into the only side of the bracket. His plan worked beautiful except 1). He lost in the Championship game, against another team that survived the bracket of death and 2). The girl who pitched the pool play games, went around telling everyone, “I didn’t do that bad for not pitching in 2 years.”

Needless to say all of us coaches knew what happened and there were some very upset parents speaking to ASA….

That was the last time ASA Nationals 12u was this up for grabs (i.e., wide open – 3-6 teams with a legit chance to win)….. I hope everyone lets it play out the way it is suppose to this year..
bracketologist

by EverySingleWeekend » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:02 pm

What happened to AA's 97 to put them at 27 (-14) and "destroyed" the team???
EverySingleWeekend

by CharlieHough » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:44 pm

destroying the team? I think Bracky got caught up in the gossip and drama.

They sure didnt looked destoyed at the Nemesis friendly. Ask the teams that played them.
I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it!

Billy Jack...1971
CharlieHough

by utility » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:58 am

We did play them....didn't look destroyed...hit the $#@% out of ball against us
utility

by Iron Ballls » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:51 am

Not sure what everyone is hearing about AA's - 97. They play a very good game and usually are competitive against the 96's. They along with BB-Snow 97's who seems to be getting better & better, the both of them should do better then people think at Nationals. One has won Nationals last year and the other won Westerns so they have the experience to steal a couple of games that some of the teams without this experience might falter. I think we should stop going off the gossip and let these guys play.
Iron Ballls

by Under the Radar » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Iron Ballls wrote:Not sure what everyone is hearing about AA's - 97. They play a very good game and usually are competitive against the 96's. They along with BB-Snow 97's who seems to be getting better & better, the both of them should do better then people think at Nationals. One has won Nationals last year and the other won Westerns so they have the experience to steal a couple of games that some of the teams without this experience might falter. I think we should stop going off the gossip and let these guys play.

You mean Girls right?????
Under the Radar
Premium Member
Premium Member

by heartthegame » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:55 pm

:oops: it works for both genders :P
"When one man, (or young lady) for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he (she) has no right to keep it to himself (herself)."
International Explorer, Jacques Cousteau
heartthegame

by Iron Ballls » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 am

WOW getting corrected by under the radar. Of course it was a general comment just let them play "girls".

Pretty bad coming from you as I have read some awful grammar from your post :lol:
Iron Ballls

by Under the Radar » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:00 am

I guess every dog has thier day eh, Vick?
Under the Radar
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA