Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

UPDATED! 12u Top Team Ranking – Pre ASA Nationals Poll!

by bracketologist » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:49 am

Congratulations to San Diego Legacy for winning the TCS Red, White and Blue Tournament!

TCS Red, White, and Blue - 12U
Legacy over Punishers
Legacy over OC Elite
Legacy over Santa Ana Extreme

Championship Game:
Legacy over AA Rawls
bracketologist

by bracketologist » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:12 am

Congratulations to both the Firecrackers (for winning the tourney) and Jynx (for 2nd). Both teams played some excellent ball during this tournament.

I want to also highlight the excellent play of OC Batbusters-Ray, this team as the event host played in the hardest pool and had the worst game schedule on Saturday (8 am & 6 pm games). They played outstanding softball to make the semi-finals ….. a great accomplishment for a team that many took for dead after a couple of players exited the team.

Results of Batbusters Best of the West Tourney 6/27-6/28

Jynx tie OC Wildcats
Jynx over OC Crush
Jynx over Revenge
Jynx over Sac Fire & Ice
Jynx over Batbusters-marquez
Firecrackers over Jynx

Great Job Jynx players, coaches and parents.

Firecrackers over Sac Fire & Ice
Firecrackers over Team Smith
Firecrackers over Batbusters - Snow
Firecrackers over Corona Angels -Knighton
Firecrackers over Power Surge
Firecrackers over Batbusters-Ray
Firecrackers over Jynx - Championship

Great Job Firecrackers players, coaches and parents. Now find a way to get qualified for ASA Nationals.

I'm going to update the poll for the last time before Nationals. For the last poll I will not be soliciting/averaging ballots from pollsters.... but comments are welcomed. I will highlight the 7 So Cal teams that have an outside chance to win ASA Nationals.
bracketologist

by bracketologist » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:56 pm

Congratulations to 12U NQ at Hayward champs - Team Smith 96.

See you at Nationals! Great job girls!

Only Firecrackers & CA Thunder still missing from the party.
bracketologist

by Comets16 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:08 am

Very Interestinting to see the team that exit Hall Of Fame early, beating the #1, #2 & CA Angels...Way to go Firecrackers!
Comets16

by bracketologist » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:30 am

Comets16 wrote:Very Interestinting to see the team that exit Hall Of Fame early, beating the #1, #2 & CA Angels...Way to go Firecrackers!

Common on Comets16,

I have been saying this all year "The Firecrackers, OC Batbusters 96 & OC Wildcats 96 are all hot streak teams." OC Batbusters have gotten more consistent, but the other two are still 100% "Dr. Jekyll & Mr Hide" or as Forrest Gump's mom would say “they are a lot like a box of chocolate – you never know what you'll get.”

In the end I only think five So. Cal teams have a chance to win ASA Nationals and three of them are inconsistent.

It would not surprise me if both the Firecrackers and Wildcats are eliminated after two games (i.e., the Batbusters have too much pride to be two and done). But if either gets hot……… they will not be bracket dependent!
bracketologist

by BigFan » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:32 pm

I agree about Firecrackers and Wildcats. Look at Firecrackers at the state tournament and the Wildcats were two and out at the Best of the West. The Wildcats have had some changes though. They had a tall, thin pitcher who was pretty good and could hit. Did she go to another team?
BigFan

by CharlieHough » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:53 pm

Very Interestinting to see the team that exit Hall Of Fame early, beating the #1, #2 & CA Angels...Way to go Firecrackers!

Hey Comets16, it was good seeing you in OKC at the HOF. Seeing GA Impact red and the Tx Diamonds brought back memories from 10u nats in Auburn.

Firecrackers got it done in dramatic fashion at the Best of the west and will get it done this weekend in Lodi at regionals. They better, my younger daughter is a 97 AA's who qualified at westerns last year and the plane tickets are bought! lol

The key is....who will "peak" in Normal.

Good luck and I will see you in a few weeks.
I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it!

Billy Jack...1971
CharlieHough

by 12UBucketDad » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:10 pm

I saw a few games played by the Firecrackers at the Best of the West tournament, they looked really good and will hopefully take care of business this weekend. Which Batbuster team did they play on Saturday? It did not look like the same one on Sunday but I could be wrong. The Saturday one was a very good game to watch. They truly belong at Nationals to also represent California. :D
12UBucketDad

by bracketologist » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:10 pm

It has been a great year. Here is my last poll and good luck to all the teams/coaches/parents!
bracketologist

by pitchersmom96 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:46 pm

FYI: SD Elite 12U disbanded not a option for TNL Parents, plus drive is too far lol
pitchersmom96

PreviousNext

Return to CA