Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

TEAMS DISBANDING; I heard it true the grape vine!!!! 2021

by ONE FOR THE ROAD » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:25 pm

miguelpana1 wrote:I here So Cal Rage 12U is done :( :( :( :( Can we get confirmation????

CONFIRMED :o :shock: :?
ONE FOR THE ROAD

by citizen60 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:36 pm

I heard Fox's team morphed into San Diego Batbusters too...leopard cant change his spots.
citizen60

by CharlieHough » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:49 pm

citizen60 wrote:I heard Fox's team morphed into San Diego Batbusters too...leopard cant change his spots.

Don't worry.....I have a source that told me that this team will eventually "choke" :shock: :shock: :shock:
I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it!

Billy Jack...1971
CharlieHough

by Baller » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:24 pm

Trophy Hunter wrote:
Hot Carl wrote:
miguelpana1 wrote:What teams are breaking up? :o :o :o :o

Still can't fill your roster, huh?
"True the grapevine"?

Still can't file your rooster, huh?
FTFY :lol:

What do you do in this situation? DD is on a team that now has just 7 players. At this point, it seems unrealistic that the team can find the players needed. At what point does the team say move on, and refund a portion of the $. We paid the yearly fee up front ($500), and have yet to play in a friendly with our players only. In fairness to the team three players quit less than 2 weeks after we joined. It doesn't seem it's in the girls best interests to just practice. What are the thoughts on this?
Baller

by heretostay » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:08 am

trickplay wrote:I don't know if this falls under the category of teams disbanding, but I heard today that San Diego Renegades Fox 18 Gold is now San Diego Batbusters 16u.

I heard Fox was thinking about a name change.
the chokers
Strangle Hold
Two hand grip
My favorite. Whip the wimp
[size=85]Do you mind if I drag these across your chin?[/size]
heretostay
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Coach11 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:12 am

Baller wrote:
Trophy Hunter wrote:
Hot Carl wrote:

"True the grapevine"?

What do you do in this situation? DD is on a team that now has just 7 players. At this point, it seems unrealistic that the team can find the players needed. At what point does the team say move on, and refund a portion of the $. We paid the yearly fee up front ($500), and have yet to play in a friendly with our players only. In fairness to the team three players quit less than 2 weeks after we joined. It doesn't seem it's in the girls best interests to just practice. What are the thoughts on this?

What year team is this? 10U? 12U? Older? How long has the team been around? Is it a program with other teams where girls might be borrowed when needed? What are the coaches planning? What are the other parents planning?

Lotta variables. For a $500 season fee, I'm assuming it's a young, independent, team.

Without knowing so much more about the existing circumstances, it's hard to say "what would I do?"
Coach11

by Baller » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:51 am

Coach11 wrote:
Baller wrote:
Trophy Hunter wrote:
Hot Carl wrote:

"True the grapevine"?

What year team is this? 10U? 12U? Older? How long has the team been around? Is it a program with other teams where girls might be borrowed when needed? What are the coaches planning? What are the other parents planning?

It's a new 12u team within an existing organization. Started in the winter season.We joined a couple of months ago right before the demise. We have been playing with the older girls on accasion, but not often. The coaches currently plan on continuing practicing until we find girls. It has been almost 2 months, and the season is slipping away. At least one other parent is considering moving on as well. I really like the program, but I don't think it is doing my dd any good if she's not playing.

Lotta variables. For a $500 season fee, I'm assuming it's a young, independent, team.

Without knowing so much more about the existing circumstances, it's hard to say "what would I do?"
Baller

by ontheblack » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:01 am

Baller wrote:
Coach11 wrote:
Baller wrote:
Trophy Hunter wrote:
Hot Carl wrote:

"True the grapevine"?

It's a new 12u team within an existing organization. Started in the winter season.We joined a couple of months ago right before the demise. We have been playing with the older girls on accasion, but not often. The coaches currently plan on continuing practicing until we find girls. It has been almost 2 months, and the season is slipping away. At least one other parent is considering moving on as well. I really like the program, but I don't think it is doing my dd any good if she's not playing.

In the immortal words of Monty Python - "Run away! Run away! Run away!"

Cut your losses ASAP and move your kid to a stable team with better coaching.
ontheblack

by Baller » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:20 pm

ontheblack wrote:
Baller wrote:
Coach11 wrote:
Baller wrote:
Trophy Hunter wrote:
Hot Carl wrote:

"True the grapevine"?

In the immortal words of Monty Python - "Run away! Run away! Run away!"

Cut your losses ASAP and move your kid to a stable team with better coaching.

The coaching is actually pretty good. Includes a former D1 player. Alot of this is the resullt of an oversaturated market in the area.
Baller

by Coach11 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:38 pm

My advice is to speak to whomever is in charge at the organizational level. If it's not this teams head coach, then move on up the ladder. Find out what their specific plans for this team are. If it is simply to continue to search for other players, let them know how you feel. They need to have an alternate plan in place. Whether it's pulling kids from sister teams up or down in order to give your team a full roster, or some other such. You need to know. You can't just hang around and HOPE that more players (of high caliber) appear.

Give them a timeframe. Be it a week, a month or however long. Let them know that if the issue isn't resolved by a certain date, that you will have to do what is in your daughters best interest.

All the while your daughter should be trying out for other teams.

Do not wait to find out what becomes of her current team. She needs to have options.

It sounds like you have faith in the current team and it's coaching staff. There's no need for you to bail because others headed for "greener pastures". More often than not, your team will be better off over all for having lost those players that couldn't see their commitment through.

Best of luck.
Coach11

PreviousNext

Return to CA