Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Nor Cal Gold Teams 08-09

by GoldTBfan » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:45 pm

There will be an opportunity to watch some of the Nor Cal teams this Sunday at Rainbow fields.

I haven't seen a schedule but I know that RR Gold, Grapettes, Sting, Sorcerer, Lady Magic & more will be playing.

If anyone has a schedule how about posting it; I'd like to watch a few games.
GoldTBfan

by luv2catch » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:48 am

GoldTBfan wrote:There will be an opportunity to watch some of the Nor Cal teams this Sunday at Rainbow fields.

I haven't seen a schedule but I know that RR Gold, Grapettes, Sting, Sorcerer, Lady Magic & more will be playing.

If anyone has a schedule how about posting it; I'd like to watch a few games.

Field 1- -------------------------------------Field 2
9:00- Sting vs Comets ----------- Sorcerer Pete vs.R&R Eatough
10:30- Sting vs Sorcerer ----------- R&R Eatough vs Grapettes Gomes
12:00- Comets vs Lady Magic ---------- Sorcerer Pete vs Grapettes Todd
1:30- Comets vs Sorcerer ---------- Sorcerer Pete vs Grapettes Gomes
3:00- Sting vs Lady Magic ----------- R&R Eatough vs Grapettes Todd
4:30- Sorcerer vs Lady Magic ---------- Grapettes Todd vs Grapettes Gomes

Field 3 ---------------------------------------Field 4
900- Strikkers Ernie vs USA Elite ----- ------ Warriors vs Grapettes Todd
1030- USA Elite vs Lady Sharks ------------ Grapettes Todd vs USA Elite Flores
1200- Strikkers vs Wildcats Gino ------------ Warriors vs Cal Haze
130- Strikkers vs Lady Sharks ------------ Warriors vs USA Elite Flores
300- USA Elite vs Wildcats ------------ Grapettes Todd vs Cal Haze
430- Wildcats vs Lady Sharks ----------- Cal Haze vs USA Elite Flores
luv2catch

by Old Darter » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:27 pm

Interesting results. Do they mean anything heading into the classification tournaments?
Old Darter

by smokinht » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:57 pm

What were the results? SoCal is curious :roll:
smokinht

by Old Darter » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:34 pm

Wasn't there, but I hear Lady Magic went 3-0 and did not give up a run all day.

Beat CC Comets 4-0
Beat the Sting 5-0 (both Hannah and Rickets pitched for the Sting while Henderson and Carda combined to pitch a no hitter for LM)
Beat Sorcerer-Phil 2-0

Also heard Grapes-Gomez went 3-0 on the day. Rumor has it that they must play in the Sac tourney based on player registration.
Old Darter

by Goldball4 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:10 pm

Old Darter must be a Magic parent or coach, because nobody kept score in these games , and they surely didn't get reported to anyone. From what I saw, the top teams out there batted everyone on their team, switched players in and out on defense basically every inning, and really looked like they just came out of hibernation. Now your Magic team looked pretty damn good, but come May, everything will change, and everyone will be better. They did struggle a little against the better pitchers out there, and lit a few others up. But hey, for the first week in January, the ball wasn't as bad as I thought is was going to be.
Goldball4

by proglfer » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:26 am

Goldball

Sounds like you are doing some back peddling here from your previous post. Did someone bring outr the whoop a** can on your Sting team? C'mon tell us about the games yesterday. You want to hear what I think from what I saw? Of course you don't. Don't worry Old Darter. This guy is a joke. He went from we will see in Modesto to now it's come May. Lady Magic is awesome period. Sorcerers looked good period! Sting needs some help on the mound period. Ricketts can't do it all period.
proglfer

by DHBHitting » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:37 am

Oh I beg to differ, everyone keeps score, believe that, and everyone is fully aware of who is looking good and who isn't.

Will agree most teams played and batted everyone in their line ups a method I don't really like because the top of the order only gets two at bats in a game which is nothing like a real game nor does it really prepare you for anything as you are not getting the reps needed to get dialed in at the plate, none the less, that is how most do it now.

Like I have been saying Grapes looked good! If they can bring back Rivera(Pacific), Jennings(New Mexico State), and Bott(SJSU) they will be a very decent team, their pitching is improving which makes them very dangerous.

Magic is definitely the king of fall, nobody can deal with that pitching at this point, and they are definitely the class of their age bracket which includes all non-college players. They shut the Sorcerer out for the second consecutive time they have played and apparently no-hit the Sting, very nice! However I agree with the sentiment that I'm not really sure how well they will score when these clubs load up with college pitching in June, nor am I completely sold that their young pitchers will dominate college hitters in the same fashion they are dominating their piers. One thing is for sure though they will be in the mix, they are a very good club.

Sting, ouch! Did not look good in the circle this weekend, watched them play Sorcerer and that did not go to well I believe they lost 5-0 if I'm not mistaken, and the game against the magic did not go any better, their two big guns on the mound got hit pretty decently this weekend which was shocking. Their offense needs some work as well, but help is on the way, they will reload in June so I'm not worried about the Sting.

Sorcerer-Phil looked alright, allot better than I thought they would look, and their pitching is improving, I tell you what, they can get people out, now granted I still think they need some help their but what I saw was encouraging. I tell you what though, after this year or after Wallace(Cal), White(UCR), and Allard(Northwestern) age out and leave it will be real tough on them just to put it as nicely as possible, I know that they are excited about their 16U team so lets hope they get some help there. However they have a chance this summer as they plan to re-assemble last years team minus Robbins and Decker obviously, but even without those two that line up is still going to be very offensive.
DHBHitting

by proglfer » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:35 am

Magic is definitely the king of fall, nobody can deal with that pitching at this point, and they are definitely the class of their age bracket which includes all non-college players. They shut the Sorcerer out for the second consecutive time they have played and apparently no-hit the Sting, very nice! However I agree with the sentiment that I'm not really sure how well they will score when these clubs load up with college pitching in June, nor am I completely sold that their young pitchers will dominate college hitters in the same fashion they are dominating their piers. One thing is for sure though they will be in the mix, they are a very good club. -

Agreed. It was a good game against Magic and Sorcerers. 2-0 ballgame is anyones games. Sorcers left batters stranded at thrid a few times but Magic is a well ioled team.

Sting, ouch! Did not look good in the circle this weekend, watched them play Sorcerer and that did not go to well I believe they lost 5-0 if I'm not mistaken, and the game against the magic did not go any better, their two big guns on the mound got hit pretty decently this weekend which was shocking. Their offense needs some work as well, but help is on the way, they will reload in June so I'm not worried about the Sting.

I think Ricketts looked good. Again she needs some back-up. Their defense behind the pitching looked weak and I don't know of any help on the way from last years players. I hear only one MAYBE might coming to play. Let's talk about Sting next year when they lose Ricketts?? Or should we focus on this year alone!

Sorcerer-Phil looked alright, allot better than I thought they would look, and their pitching is improving, I tell you what, they can get people out, now granted I still think they need some help their but what I saw was encouraging. I tell you what though, after this year or after Wallace(Cal), White(UCR), and Allard(Northwestern) age out and leave it will be real tough on them just to put it as nicely as possible, I know that they are excited about their 16U team so lets hope they get some help there. However they have a chance this summer as they plan to re-assemble last years team minus Robbins and Decker obviously, but even without those two that line up is still going to be very offensive.

Sorcerers loooked good yesterday. Medeiros did a good job keeping batters off balance in both games she pitched and there were some good defensive plays and some nice hits. After reading what everyone has been posting on this board about Sorcerers lack of pitching since Moore left and Sting strong pitching and that's why they are considered #1 Nor Cal team I beg to differ. I think Magic is very strong and I think Medeiros is under estimated (known that girl since she was 9 and I have seen her get it done) and with Albanese who has a great spin on that ball and Moore and Burns coming back this summer Sorcerers will be fine. We have not even gotten to summer ball and you are already talking how they will be in trouble NEXT YEAR?
proglfer

by Old Darter » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:38 am

Once again...no dd on that team, just a long time observer of NorCal FP softball with lots of reliable sources!
Old Darter

PreviousNext

Return to CA