Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

The 10u Fall season has officially begun!!

by chippingaway » Tue May 29, 2012 2:31 pm

Congrats FC O1!
chippingaway
Premium Member
Premium Member

by juandoe » Tue May 29, 2012 2:49 pm

Congratulations to the Firecrackers 01 on winning the 2012 ASA 10u State Championship. The girls played some very tough defense all weekend only giving up 5 runs. And won two very tough games versus So Cal A's in the Championship. And a ITB game against the Gamers on Sunday. Congratulations also to the So Cal Athletics on their 2nd place finish. They have made the Finals of the last two big tournaments and are playing some of their best ball right now. One of the big surprises this weekend was Power Surge. They played some good ball this weekend, eliminating 3 good teams. USA Athletics, Firecrackers 02, and Case Batbusters on their way to their 4th place finish. Great job Power Surge.

Order of finish- Final

1. Firecrackers 01 -Thornburg 3 - 0
2. So Cal Athletics - Aguirre 2 - 1
3. Gamers Academy - Pilon 5 - 1
4. Power Surge - Hirsh 3 - 2
t5. Team Mizuno - Stith 2 - 2
t5. Firecrackers 02 - Mummert 2 - 2
t7. Case Batbusters - Bracamonte 2 - 2
t7. So Cal Primetime - Cisneros 2 - 2
t9. Team Boombah - Genera 1 - 2
t9. USA Athletics - Ramos 0 - 2
t9. Team AB - Betancur 0 - 2
t9. American Pastime - Baca 0 - 2
t13. OC Dynasty - Rivera 0 - 2
juandoe

by juandoe » Wed May 30, 2012 8:14 pm

With the State Championship behind us all the top teams in So Cal are now preparing for Indiana. No matter who it is. I hope one of the So Cal teams wins it all. But it is not going to be easy. There will be some stiff competition out there. Birmingham Thunderbolts 01(AL) look very tough and have been one of the most successful teams in the Southeast along with Easton Elite Heat 01(GA) who played in last years National Championship. Both teams have traveled throughout the Southeast to find the best competition out there and both have fared well. Here is a list of teams that have qualified for ASA Nationals so far.

Southern
California-
Firecrackers 01*
Corona Angels 01*
Team Mizuno 01*
So Cal Athletics 01*
Gamers Academy 01*
Power Surge 01*
Case Batbusters 01*
So Cal Breakers 01*

Georgia-
Easton Elite Heat 01*
Easton Elite Heat 02*
Georgia Impact 01*
Cherokee Pride 01*
Georgia Force 01*
Georgia Select 01*
Atlanta Vipers 01*
Georgia Impact 02

Texas-
Texas Shock 01*
Stingers Gold 01*
Texas Elite Easton 01*
Austin’s Finest 01*
Texas Bandits 01*
Texas Bombers 01*
Texas Force 01*
Sudden Impact 01*

Tennessee-
Team Worth 01
TN Crusaders 01*

Louisiana-
Louisiana Rippers 01*

Alabama-
Birmingham Thunderbolts 01*
Birmingham Vipers 01*

Arizona-
Arizona Hotshots 01*

Indiana-
Indiana Gators 01
NWI White Sox 01

Northern
California-
Mizuno All American 01*
Lady Spartans 01*

Iowa-
Cedar Rapids Blue Devils 01

Ohio-
Cincy Doom 01*
Ohio Lady Lasers Green 01

Maryland-
Maryland Magic 01*

Pennsylvania-
Sting Fastpitch 01*
Last edited by juandoe on Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 12 times in total.
juandoe

by juandoe » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:42 pm

Just sent out the poll to over 35 Coaches and parents. When you have some time on your hands please get them back to me. 8-) Deadline to get them in is June 10th. This time I did seek out most of the coaches that may not have participated before. So if you are a coach of a 10u team please check your inbox. This will be the final poll of the season and I would like as much participation as possible, especially from the coaches. What a fun season it has been. :mrgreen: Lots of memorable games, great plays, and big time hits. Time flies and Nationals and the World series are right around the corner. I hope So Cal teams can win both tournaments like they did last year. :D With all the talent, great coaching, and competition here in So Cal. We couldn't be more prepared. :!: Good luck to all. :ugeek:
juandoe

by juandoe » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:20 pm

Firecrackers 02 will be hosting 10U and 14U (will be a regular friendly, no Bracky) friendlies in the city of Whittier on June 24, 2012.

This Friendly will be Bracky Style Friendly (10U Only)
3 Games Guarantee, winners will play a 4th game
#1 vs. #16
#2 vs. #15
and so on, depending on JuanDoe's new rankings.
We will be using 2 different locations (you may have to move fields one time)
If you are a lower ranked team, you will play another lower ranked team your 3rd game.
AWARDS WILL BE GIVEN to 1st place in the winners bracket
AWARDS WILL BE GIVEN to 1st place in the consolation bracket.

There will be plenty of warm up space and the fields will be groomed before each game
Games will be 1:20 Drop Dead
Please bring one new/almost new game ball per game
Playground for the little ones
$50 per game for 10u division, if you play a 4th game, that 4th game will be only $40
$55 per game for 14U division (2 umpires)

There will be a full snack bar. This is a fundraiser, so please no BBQs

Email ASAP to confirm your spot:
Firecrackers2001@gmail.com or text me at 562.607.1292

10U
1. Firecrackers 01
2. Firecrackers 02
3. Gamers 01
4. Gamers 02
5. So Cal Athletics
6. Team Mizuno - Stith
7. USA Athletics - Ramos
8. American Athletics 01
9. Primetime 01
10. So Cal Warriors 02
11. Powersurge 01
12. Corona Angels 01

Come out and support the Firecracker 02 team this weekend as they host the first 10U Bracky Style Friendly on June 24th. Should be alot of great games and possible rematches from the State tournament :!: . 7 of the top 8 teams from the last poll are in.( Not one tournament this year has had the top 8 teams in it.) And a couple other teams that will most likely move up in the poll with their recent play. Power Surge and Primetime Elite. This possibly can be the last weekend all these teams play each other in 10u. Until Nationals. I am still waiting for more polls to come in. I have received a third of the polls back but would like more. I will extend the deadline to this Weds. June 13th. The latest poll will determine the seeding of the bracket for this friendly. It should be alot of fun without all the cost of those "big" tournaments. :mrgreen: Good job Firecrackers on getting all these teams together. I thought it would never happen. :o
Last edited by juandoe on Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juandoe

by bigbats » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:45 am

Thanks for the promo Juandoe. Actually this is 100% Firecrackers 02. I just helped Robbie get some teams together and post on the bucket. FC02 went out and got a lot of these teams on their own. They did a good job.
bigbats
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Chris61 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:35 am

juandoe wrote:With the State Championship behind us all the top teams in So Cal are now preparing for Indiana. No matter who it is. I hope one of the So Cal teams wins it all. But it is not going to be easy. There will be some stiff competition out there. Birmingham Thunderbolts 01(AL) look very tough and have been one of the most successful teams in the Southeast along with Easton Elite Heat 01(GA) who played in last years National Championship. Both teams have traveled throughout the Southeast to find the best competition out there and both have fared well. Here is a list of teams that have qualified for ASA Nationals so far.

California- Firecrackers 01
Corona Angels 01
Team Mizuno 01
So Cal Athletics 01
Gamers Academy 01
Power Surge 01
Case Batbusters 01

Georgia- Easton Elite Heat 01
Georgia Impact 01
Cherokee Pride 01
Georgia Force 01
Georgia Select 01
Atlanta Vipers 01
Georgia Impact 02

Texas- Texas Shock 01
Stingers Gold 01
Texas Elite Easton 01
Austin’s Finest 01
Texas Bandits 01

Alabama- Birmingham Thunderbolts 01

Tennessee- Team Worth 01
TN Crusaders 01

:D

You can add Texas Bombers 01 to the list. Indiana here we come!
Chris61

by juandoe » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:35 am

Do you know which teams that qualified from Texas are actually making the trip to Indiana? Which ones will not? Thanks and Congrats on the berth.
Last edited by juandoe on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
juandoe

by juandoe » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:49 am

10U SO CAL TOP TEAM RANKINGS- FINAL POLL 2012

Thanks to everyone who participated in the poll. We have a new #1 and it was very, very close. This poll is a combination of the coaches and parents poll. Firecrackers are #1 in the parents poll and Gamers are #1 in the coaches poll. A couple of teams have moved up in the latest poll. Power Surge and So Cal Primetime have made the biggest jumps in the poll. While some others like Case Batbusters and So Cal Rage have fallen in the last poll of the season. Alot of fun, competitve games this year. But it's almost over :cry: . The Triple Crown World Series and USA/ASA Nationals are right around the corner. I would like to wish everyone a safe trip to wherever they decide to go. I hope we can come back from both Utah and Indiana with the Championship. With all the good competition talented girls, teams, coaches and resources we have in Southern California. We will be as prepared as any team we will face. Good Luck to all So Cal Teams. Go get em' :!:

1. Firecrackers 2001
http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp ... crackers01
Avg. points: 19.54
Prev. Rank: 2
Team Goals: ASA Nationals
Comments: Very talented team. They have the best bats and the deepest pitching rotation in 10u. Their defense is very solid and their team's speed is good. I think their chances look very good at ASA Nationals. They got a big tournament win at ASA States and carry some of that momentum going into Nationals. They have to stay in the winner's bracket to win it IMO, because even though they have the best pitching depth and bats to survive a loser's bracket. It will be very hard to beat the Gamers twice. If they stay in the winner's bracket they will be tough to beat.
Accomplishments:
1st- TCS Red, White, and Blue
1st- Firecrackers Father's Day Classic
1st- So Cal ASA States
2nd- Firecrackers Mother's Day Classic
2nd- All Level Bash 4 Cash
2nd- American Athletics Toys 4 Tots
2nd- All Level Christmas Joy
t3rd- ASA St. Paddy's Day Blast

2. Gamers 2001
http://www.iscorebaseball.com/home.php?t=gamers2001
Avg. points: 19.45
Prev. Rank: 1
Comments: Very good all around team. Arguably the best pitcher in 10u and very good bats that can put up runs with the best teams in the division. Their defense is solid and they have very good speed on the bases. I think their chances also look great at Nationals. They have been the most successful in tournaments. With the way Nationals is set up and the games being so spread out, I think the Gamers have the best chance to win it. They must avoid the loser's bracket so that their #1 will not have to pitch too much. But their pitcher is the difference and the reason I think they will win it.
Accomplishments:
1st- FC02 Bracket Style Friendly
3rd- So Cal ASA States
1st- All Level Bash 4 Cash
1st- All Level Christmas Joy
1st- Artesia Punishers Christmas Tournament
1st- TCS OC Coastal Classic
1st- ASA St. Paddy's Day Blast

3. So Cal Athletics 2001
http://www.eteamz.com/socalathletics01aguirre/
Avg. points: 17.63
Prev. Rank: 5
Comments: Very good team. They have 3 very good pitchers, and some big bats. Their defense is very good and so is their team's speed. They have been playing some of the best, and most consistent softball of all the top teams late in the season and get better every time I see them. They have a good chance at Nationals with their pitching depth and bats. They are a very scrappy team and with the way they have been playing, I think they have a shot at winning it all.
Accomplishments:
2nd- FC02 Bracket Style Friendly
2nd- So Cal ASA States
2nd- Fresno Force Classic
2nd- Swagger Shootout

4. Team Mizuno 2001
http://tm10u.shutterfly.com/
Avg. points: 16.9
Prev. Rank: 3
Comments: Very talented team all around. They have the best hitter in 10u and some very good bats overall. They have the most team speed IMO and a very stingy defense. Both of their pitchers are solid. I give these girls alot of credit, despite all the turnover. They have played very good, consistent softball all year. They have a very good chance at ASA nationals with their hard throwing #1 and all the talent around her. I think this team will finish in the top 5 at Nationals, if not win it all.
Accomplishments:
1st- Fresno Force Classic
t3rd- All Level Bash 4 Cash
1st- American Athletics Toys 4 Tots
t3rd- TCS OC Coastal Classic

5. Firecrackers 2002
http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp ... ckerteam02
Avg. points: 15.72
Prev. Rank: 7
Team Goals: ASA Western Nationals
Comments: Very scrappy team. They are one of the better hitting teams in 10u and their defense is very good. They have great team speed and their pitchers are very consistent with hitting their spots. Probably the most liked team by all the coaches and parents from some of the comments I have received from poll. This is another team that continues to improve as the season goes along. They have not only held their own against the top two teams but have eliminated both in back to back games. Something no other team has done. I think they have a good chance to win Western Nationals.
Accomplishments:
1st- Firecrackers Mother's Day Classic
t3rd- Fresno Force Classic
t1st- Easter Joy Tournament
1st- TCS Christmas Qualifier
2nd- Artesia Punishers Christmas Tournament
t3rd- TCS OC Coastal Classic
2nd- TCS Presidents Day Showdown

6. Corona Angels 2001
http://www.eteamz.com/coronaangelseaton/
Avg. points: 15.63
Prev. Rank: 4
Comments: Very good all around team. Some big bats and good hitters overall, and 3 very good pitchers. They have very good team speed and a very solid defense. This team is as talented as any of the teams ranked above them. Very similar to Team Mizuno. The only difference is they have not been playing that competitive a schedule. I still think they have a very good chance at ASA Nationals. And possibly upset one of the teams ranked above them on their way. Don't sleep on this team.
Accomplishments:
t3rd- Fresno Force Classic
1st- Swagger Shootout
t3rd- All Level Christmas Joy

7. USA Athletics- Ramos 2001
http://www.eteamz.com/usaathletics10uramos/
Avg. points: 12.9
Prev. Rank: 8
Team Goals: Triple Crown World Series
Comments: Very solid team. Some very good bats and a good defense. Good team speed and one of the hardest throwing pitchers in 10u. They can compete with all the top teams out there, especially when their pitcher is on. But are not as deep in the pitching dept defense as the teams ranked above them. This team is my favorite to win the Triple Crown World Series. They will probably have the best pitcher in Utah and their bats can put up runs quickly.
Accomplishments:
1st- TCS Mother's Day Classic
1st- TCS President's Day showdown
2nd- ASA St. Paddy's Day Blast

8. Power Surge 2001
http://www.eteamz.com/powersurge2001teamhirsh/
Avg. points: 12.54
Prev. Rank: 15
Comments: Very good team. Some very good bats and great team speed. Solid pitchers that can hit their spots to go with a very solid defense. This team is playing very good softball at the right time. They beat some good teams at ASA States and continue to play well against the top teams. I do think they will finish high and represent So Cal very well in Indiana.
Accomplishments:
4th- So Cal ASA States
1st- TCS Dancing in the Desert*
2nd- TCS Christmas Qualifier

9. Case Batbusters 2001
Avg. points: 11.72
Prev. Rank: 6
Comments: Good Team. Some big bats and a very good defense. Good team speed and some very good pitchers. This team has really not played up to their potential in big tournaments. They were ranked high early in the season and have fallen in the last poll. Although their team has the talent to not only compete, but beat most of the top teams at friendlies. They struggle to play well in tournaments for some reason. I think they will do well at Nationals and possibly upset one of the top 5 teams.
Accomplishments:
2nd- TCS So Cal State Championships*

10. So Cal Primetime 2001
http://www.eteamz.com/socalprimetime10u/
Avg. points: 10.63
Prev. Rank: 16
Team Goals: ?
Comments: Good team. Very hard throwing #1 pitcher and a some very big bats. Good team speed and defense. This team is playing pretty well, especially considering that they have not been together for that long. Their #1 will keep them in most games. But their bats and defense are not as solid as the teams ranked above them. But they have been able to hold their own against the top teams.

11. American Pastime 2001
http://www.eteamz.com/americanpastime01/
Avg. points: 9.18
Prev. Rank: 12
Team Goals: ASA Western Nationals
Comments: Good team. Some very good bats and good pitching. Good team speed and pretty good defensively. This team can hit and put up some runs against some of the top pitchers and top teams, but are not as solid in the pitching dept. as the teams ranked above them. I think they have a good chance at ASA Western Nationals and expect them to lock up a berth for next year's ASA 12u Nationals.
Accomplishments:
t1st- Easter Joy Tournament

12. So Cal Choppers- Grey 2001
http://www.eteamz.com/socalchoppersgrey01/
Avg. points: 9.09
Prev. Rank: 9
Comments: Good team. Some good bats and a Solid Pitcher. Good team speed and defense. This a very competitive team that can keep the games close with the top teams, but have a hard time beating them. Although they have played well at big tournaments this year. and I think they will place very high at the Triple Crown World Series.
Accomplishments:

13. So Cal Breakers 2001
Avg. points: 7.36
Prev. Rank: NR
Team Goals:
Comments: Solid Team. Some very good bats and team speed. Solid defensively and some good little pitchers. This team has been improving as the season goes along and is playing well late in the season. Not sure of where they are going
Comments:
Accomplishments:

14. So Cal Choppers- Black 2001
http://socalchoppers10ublk.shutterfly.com/
Avg. Points: 7.27
Prev. Rank: 14
Team Goals: AFA States
Comments:
Accomplishments:

15. Strikeforce 2001
http://www.eteamz.com/strikeforce01/index.cfm
Avg. points: 7.0
Prev. Rank: 11
Team Goals: ?
Comments:
Accomplishments:

16. Team Boombah 2001
http://www.eteamz.com/TeamBoombah01/
Avg. Points: 6.9
Prev. Rank: 13
Team Goals: USSSA World Series
Comments:
Accomplishments:

17. So Cal Rage 2001
http://www.eteamz.com/socalrage2001/
Avg. points: 6.54
Prev. Rank: 10
Comments:
Accomplishments:

18. American Athletics 2001
http://americanathleticsfastpitch.com/teams/team12/
Avg. Points: 4.9
Prev. Rank: HM
Team Goals:
Comments:
Accomplishments:

19. So Cal Wicked 2001
http://www.eteamz.com/socalwicked-eastburn/
Avg. points: 3.09
Prev. Rank: 17
Comments:
Accomplishments:
t3rd- All Level Bash 4 Cash

20. Team AB 2001
http://www.eteamz.com/ABsoftball2/
Avg. Points: 3
Team goals:
Comments:
Accomplishments:

Honorable Mention:

San Diego Elite 2001
OC Legends 2001
OC Dynasty 2001
So Cal Heartbreakers 2001
West Coast Voodoo 2001
So Cal Warriors 2002
Gamers 2002
Last edited by juandoe on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 11 times in total.
juandoe

by Chris61 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:33 am

juandoe wrote:Do you know which teams that qualified from Texas are actually making the trip to Indiana? Which ones will not? Thanks and Congrats on the berth.

Texas Bombers 01 will be there for sure. We've already sent in our entry.

I think the others that will go are:

Texas Shock 01
Stingers 01
Texas Elite Easton 01

Not sure about the others.
Chris61

PreviousNext

Return to CA