Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

The 10u Fall season has officially begun!!

by Fastpitch4Life » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:22 pm

quattro wrote:What news on the 10u front?

Finalizing rosters and friendlies. What do you see?
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by quattro » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:26 am

just checking to see what results were of the past weeks friendly's. see how teams are shaping up. i know fc's 01 and 02 were in friendly's past 2 weeks against some good teams, wanted to see how the other teams are fairing.
quattro

by Fastpitch4Life » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:11 pm

It looks like most of the Top 10 teams are split between the Case and La Habra Heat friendlies. Haven't seen the Case schedule but know that, of the first rankingsof the Top 5, Corona Angels will face OC Batbusters at the Heat. Anybody got a schedule from Case they want to share?
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by JimJones » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:10 pm

Do you really track W's and L's in friendlies? I think friendlies should be strictly a practice game. It seems that 10U always wants to make a friendly as a statement game. I see this a lot. Isn't this where you try different pitchers and different plays both on offense and defense? I see some of the more "beginning" teams really trying to win friendlies. I actually saw a team bat 9 during a friendly, while 3 girls sat on the bench. Any thoughts?
JimJones

by Fastpitch4Life » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:30 pm

JimJones wrote:Do you really track W's and L's in friendlies? I think friendlies should be strictly a practice game. It seems that 10U always wants to make a friendly as a statement game. I see this a lot. Isn't this where you try different pitchers and different plays both on offense and defense? I see some of the more "beginning" teams really trying to win friendlies. I actually saw a team bat 9 during a friendly, while 3 girls sat on the bench. Any thoughts?

All I can speak to is my DD's team which always bats the entire team and moves players to different positions. I don't think our coaching staff is much interested in making a "statement" at a friendly, but rather trying to find out what the team needs to work on before its next tournament. I think if you check 10U teams websites you will find nothing about wins and losses in friendlies.
Did you see this in the fall or just last month?
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Seypea » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:39 am

Congrats to the USA Athletics 10u - Ramos for winning Championships at the Triple Crown Presidents Showdown this past weekend!

Here's the link to the results if interested...

http://www.triplecrownsports.com/showbr ... sionid=289
Seypea
Premium Member
Premium Member

by juandoe » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:52 pm

ASA St. Paddy's Day Blast Pool Play Schedule is out.... http://lvtourneys.com/StPaddysDay/pools/10U.pdf

Another great tournament.. Most, if not all the best SoCal 10u teams will be making the trip out to Vegas. Along with 2 teams from NorCal, Utah, Colorado, and 4 from Arizona. Should be a good weekend for softball. Good luck to all the teams.
juandoe

by AZ96Dad » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:13 pm

Should be a great weekend of ball, the 14U tourney is going on at Majestic Park as well so there will be alot of teams playing ball. It will be interesting to see how the Arizona teams stack up with the California teams. From what I have seen this fall season and early spring season here is how the 10U teams rank from AZ:

1. Lil Saints
2. AZ Hotshots 2001
3. Desert Cobras 2001
4. AZ Blue Bombers

These four teams are definately the cream of the crop out of about 12 10U teams from Arizona
AZ96Dad

by Fastpitch4Life » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:43 pm

AZ96Dad wrote:Should be a great weekend of ball, the 14U tourney is going on at Majestic Park as well so there will be alot of teams playing ball. It will be interesting to see how the Arizona teams stack up with the California teams. From what I have seen this fall season and early spring season here is how the 10U teams rank from AZ:

1. Lil Saints
2. AZ Hotshots 2001
3. Desert Cobras 2001
4. AZ Blue Bombers

These four teams are definately the cream of the crop out of about 12 10U teams from Arizona

Should be fun for all teams getting a chance to face teams that don't see every other weekend! :mrgreen:
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by quattro » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:20 am

We've had 3 months now. With the Jan and Feb TCS Tourneys and the St Paddys Day Tournament in the books, let' revisit and revise the early season poll. I think there are some shifts in the rankings.
quattro

PreviousNext

Return to CA