Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

The 10u Fall season has officially begun!!

by vinylkings » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:21 am

BigGuns wrote:I think gamers actually won 3 tournaments. They won the tournament back in Oct when Firecrackers wouldnt play them. Not sure why they posted they are co-champions on their web site, knowing they refused to play the game. I was at that tournament so I saw the whole thing. Repost you took second

Also why are Firecrackers and Batbusters scared to play in Febuary. Even our team is up for playing and we will end up getting our butts kicked by the top few. At least our coaches are not scared to play. Step up coaches and stop hiding. Firecrackers-Batbusters-Angels-Gamers need to play in this event.

Oh how we love 10U! :lol: BigGuns, please tell the softball community who your team is. I am sure your coaches will love the fact that you just called out Corona Angels, Orange County BatBusters and the Firecrackers. You mentioned being "scared" and "hiding", well show the 10U teams that you are not scared or hididng by telling everyone the name of your team.

We had this banter last year in 10s, but I don't think anyone called anyone out like this. Should be fun for you all this year. :D :D 8-)
vinylkings

by bigbats » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:02 am

Juan and Gamers,
As I mentioned to juandoe in a PM, FC01 cannot play that weekend, however we are hosing on January 22, and the OCBB have joined as well. We still have a couple of open spots. Other days that work for us are Feb 19 or Feb 26. Our calendar is planned out through August, so if you want this to happen in February those are the available dates for FC01.
In March we can do 3/25.
Thank you guys for your efforts and hopefully you can work this out.
bigbats
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Onlooker50 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:47 am

vinylkings wrote:
BigGuns wrote:I think gamers actually won 3 tournaments. They won the tournament back in Oct when Firecrackers wouldnt play them. Not sure why they posted they are co-champions on their web site, knowing they refused to play the game. I was at that tournament so I saw the whole thing. Repost you took second

Also why are Firecrackers and Batbusters scared to play in Febuary. Even our team is up for playing and we will end up getting our butts kicked by the top few. At least our coaches are not scared to play. Step up coaches and stop hiding. Firecrackers-Batbusters-Angels-Gamers need to play in this event.

Oh how we love 10U! :lol: BigGuns, please tell the softball community who your team is. I am sure your coaches will love the fact that you just called out Corona Angels, Orange County BatBusters and the Firecrackers. You mentioned being "scared" and "hiding", well show the 10U teams that you are not scared or hididng by telling everyone the name of your team.

We had this banter last year in 10s, but I don't think anyone called anyone out like this. Should be fun for you all this year. :D :D 8-)

Most people won't show their colors, they talk big behind the screen. this is probably a parent who mouths off more during games even though their daughter is a fill in or bench player. I don't understand the need to call out 10 year olds; which by the way are far better athletes then this douche probably ever was. Most of these types live vicariously through there daughters accomplishment because never amounted to anything athletically. I suggest you sit back and enjoy the fact that your kids are out there playing their hearts out for your viewing enjoyment!!!
Onlooker50

by BigGuns » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:13 am

First I never called out Angels- Dont think my post ever even mentioned them. My daughter plays for them-Maybe. But nice you included them. I only called out Firecrackers for posting they were co-champions when they know they were not. :lol: witnessed that happen-Now thats funny

As for me living threw my daughter, yes I do. I so wanted to be a professional softball player but it all ended when I was born with b****. So ever since then i planned to have daughters and rule the softball fields once and for all. :twisted:

Now back to the fact firecrackers and batbusters are scared. Heard they would not play Angels or Case Batbusters. Don't blame you they will end up kicking your butts and we would hate for your players to see your names don't mean a thing.

And who I am with doesnt change the fact. Nor does the fact my daughter sitting the bench. We are not a top team and we are still happy. Just think the 2 teams mentioned are sad cases and we did not like the way they played. to concerned about winning and not about the girls. Think parents should know this as a few may consider thse teams for spring. Better choices out there. If you want to be on a top team go with Angels or Gamers. Good coaches
BigGuns

by Onlooker50 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:30 am

BigGuns wrote:First I never called out Angels- Dont think my post ever even mentioned them. My daughter plays for them-Maybe. But nice you included them. I only called out Firecrackers for posting they were co-champions when they know they were not. :lol: witnessed that happen-Now thats funny

As for me living threw my daughter, yes I do. I so wanted to be a professional softball player but it all ended when I was born with b****. So ever since then i planned to have daughters and rule the softball fields once and for all. :twisted:

Now back to the fact firecrackers and batbusters are scared. Heard they would not play Angels or Case Batbusters. Don't blame you they will end up kicking your butts and we would hate for your players to see your names don't mean a thing.

And who I am with doesnt change the fact. Nor does the fact my daughter sitting the bench. We are not a top team and we are still happy. Just think the 2 teams mentioned are sad cases and we did not like the way they played. to concerned about winning and not about the girls. Think parents should know this as a few may consider thse teams for spring. Better choices out there. If you want to be on a top team go with Angels or Gamers. Good coaches

HAHAHAHA!! I don't think you should have told anyone you were born with balls, even more so how sad you are talking about 10 year olds playing for certain teams. Was your daughter not good enough to play for these team which is why you felt the need to put your nose in business it doesn't belong in. I understand if you were in the top contending team and trying to call the best competition out there but for you to say that either of these teams are not good enough now that's a sad case.

I mean you are not even on a good team from what you are stating so what makes you the head analyst, if anything your decision on playing for what you call "not a top team" doesn't give you credibility to advise other parents about looking at other team but these 2. My only conclusion is your daughter tried out they told she wasn't good enough and now you are holding a personal grudge against them.

I have seen all these teams play against each other and they are equally as strong and will contend in any tournament. On any given Sunday these teams compete and they will lose to each other, not one team I have seen is more dominant than the other or at least out right clearly dominant.

I suggest take your daughter and spend more time on the dirt to help her play for one of these teams or at least help get her off the bench. Spend more time with her and less time calling out teams you have nothing to do with....
Onlooker50

by Fastpitch4Life » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:32 am

BigGuns wrote:First I never called out Angels- Dont think my post ever even mentioned them. My daughter plays for them-Maybe. But nice you included them. I only called out Firecrackers for posting they were co-champions when they know they were not. :lol: witnessed that happen-Now thats funny

Welcome to Heybucket! Now go back to Rec ball. You deserve to be there if you think any 10U team coaching staff is afraid to play another :roll:
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bigbats » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:45 am

To Whom It May Concern:
We can revisit this again. I am the manager of the FC01 team, and you are correct, I did not let my girls play that championship game. My coaches wanted to play the game, however I have the responsibility for looking out for my 10 year old girls. I chose not to play the game because of the 25 minute delay in the semi-final game. Since you were there, you know that the championship game would have started around 8:30-8:45 pm due to the lights going out during our semi-final game against OCBB. I didn’t think it appropriate to have our 10 yr olds play a championship game that would be ending about 10 pm on a Sunday night. I realized that the next day, Monday, was not only a school day, but also Halloween. I took into consideration that the girls will more than likely be out late that Monday night having fun and being a 10 yr old. Therefore I made the unpopular decision to not play the championship game because I was looking out for a bunch of 10 yr old kids. If the situation arose again on a Sunday night and the kids had school the next day, I would make the same decision. As a manager, my main job is to look out for and protect my girls. Sometimes that means making an unpopular decision which I am ok with. As a manager, it's unfortunate, but sometime we even have to protect our girls from coaches and parents that feel at the age of 10, our kids must go out there and prove something to some parent not even on our team, on a Sunday night. I look after our girls and will continue to ensure that they are safe, happy and that they are allowed to be 10 yr old girls. Our girls are in this sport for the longevity, in the hopes of teaching them to be good young ladies, role models and scholars in the classroom. I feel that it is important to protect them now and not burn them out, so that when they turn 16 or 17 and have offers to play at a college, they don't tell mom and dad that they are burned out and don't want to play the game any longer.

Again, just like we did back in October, we give the Gamers team nothing but congratulations on that tournament in which they won the championship, won the cash and they also beat us in pool play 3-2.
In saying that, please look to our friendly on 1/22 and see who’s coming. Looks like we have FC01, OCBB and Gamers 01. So I think that some of the bigger teams that everyone wants to see so badly will be out there and playing.

Thank you for your time,
Roman Gallegos
Firecrackers 01
562-607-1292
bigbats
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fastpitch4Life » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:54 am

bigbats wrote:To Whom It May Concern:
We can revisit this again. I am the manager of the FC01 team, and you are correct, I did not let my girls play that championship game. My coaches wanted to play the game, however I have the responsibility for looking out for my 10 year old girls. I chose not to play the game because of the 25 minute delay in the semi-final game. Since you were there, you know that the championship game would have started around 8:30-8:45 pm due to the lights going out during our semi-final game against OCBB. I didn’t think it appropriate to have our 10 yr olds play a championship game that would be ending about 10 pm on a Sunday night. I realized that the next day, Monday, was not only a school day, but also Halloween. I took into consideration that the girls will more than likely be out late that Monday night having fun and being a 10 yr old. Therefore I made the unpopular decision to not play the championship game because I was looking out for a bunch of 10 yr old kids. If the situation arose again on a Sunday night and the kids had school the next day, I would make the same decision. As a manager, my main job is to look out for and protect my girls. Sometimes that means making an unpopular decision which I am ok with. As a manager, it's unfortunate, but sometime we even have to protect our girls from coaches and parents that feel at the age of 10, our kids must go out there and prove something to some parent not even on our team, on a Sunday night. I look after our girls and will continue to ensure that they are safe, happy and that they are allowed to be 10 yr old girls. Our girls are in this sport for the longevity, in the hopes of teaching them to be good young ladies, role models and scholars in the classroom. I feel that it is important to protect them now and not burn them out, so that when they turn 16 or 17 and have offers to play at a college, they don't tell mom and dad that they are burned out and don't want to play the game any longer.

Again, just like we did back in October, we give the Gamers team nothing but congratulations on that tournament in which they won the championship, won the cash and they also beat us in pool play 3-2.
In saying that, please look to our friendly on 1/22 and see who’s coming. Looks like we have FC01, OCBB and Gamers 01. So I think that some of the bigger teams that everyone wants to see so badly will be out there and playing.

Thank you for your time,
Roman Gallegos
Firecrackers 01
562-607-1292

Well said coach. Looking forward to your friendly. Should be fun!
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Love the game » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:34 pm

First off, i do enjoy everyone's excitement in 10u. Makes great reading. As girls move up the excitement from the crowd seems to fade slightly. I will not judge any player who did not make a team, or say anything about girls sitting on the bench. kids peak at different ages so ones bench player today may be your starting shortstop tomorrow.

As for the championship back in Halloween. We do wish we had played that game for we know it could have gone either way. Firecrackers did what he thought was best which we respect. Mark has a great team and I agree on any given day either one of us can win. We just wish to challenge our fine young team and push them to become amazing athletes, win or lose.

Again the whole topic on the 1 day event some want to happen is kind of getting old. Our team did agree to host this event when it was sent to everyone, but again we understand teams do set schedules so it will be hard to get us all together. As Firecrackers has stated if parents would pay attention most of us are playing in a friendly together the week before. So no one is hiding. But everyone needs to understand friendly's are approached slightly different then tournaments. Don't make this into the next big world series for our team and most of the other teams i talk too will never approach a friendly that way. Players are rotated and girls are given a chance to earn spots. Fundamentals are the highest priority in friendly's not the win. If you are looking for the top teams competing to win mark your calendar for March which is the st paddy's tournament in Las Vegas.

Also thanks for your comments bigguns on our coaching. But i will be the first to admit Mark is doing good things over at firecrackers.

Good luck everyone

Brian Pilon
Gamers 2001
http://www.iscorebaseball.com/gamers2001
Love the game

by Powerbait » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:37 pm

BigGuns wrote: Just think the 2 teams mentioned are sad cases and we did not like the way they played. to concerned about winning and not about the girls.

Calling a 10u team " a sad case" is pitiful.. enough said.
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
Powerbait

PreviousNext

Return to CA