Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Softball Instructors in OC??? HELP!!!

by softballMom05 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:25 am

For years I tried different people to give my daughter lessons and got very frustrated... people would tell me I needed to send her to Rico, Jackson, Stith... first of all if I was willing to spend $35-40 per 1/2 hour I surely wanted her to have one on one attention. With some of those instructors they are doing 3-4 girls at the same time and my kid isn't getting the instruction I believe she needed, Plus I think I would love for my daughter to be coached by a woman. You know someone who has played the game and been through all the training! Now don't get me wrong I know these men mentioned above have great success with their travel teams but I still for that amount of money every week would expect that you focus on one kid at a time!

So does anyone know of a woman instructor in OC??? Hitting and Catching??
softballMom05

by lucky » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:15 am

Not in OC, but Deb Hartwig is the Owner and Founder of JustSOFTBALL in Gardena. Deb specializes in one on one coaching for hitting and catching and uses RightView Pro video technology.

JustSOFTBALL South Bay Indoor Facility is located at:
1109 W. 190th St
Gardena, CA 90248
310-466-0324
lucky

by Sftbll4ever » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:24 am

I totally agree with the 3 or more at a time. But, do remember there was men's fastpitch and although I don't know if these guys have done it, some have played it and done well at it.

As far as catching, Jen Schroeder is great. I'm not sure if she is still with Tony or if she is at her dad's facility or not.
Sftbll4ever

by Uncle Rico » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:31 am

Hrhitter19 wrote:Former UCLA All-American, Kim Wuest, is offering hittting lessons in Orange County. While playing her collegiare career, Kim had set several offensive records while earning All-Pac-10 and All-American honors at UCLA. Kim has been involved in the softball community for several years and knows that it takes for the athletes to compete at the highest level. If you would like to find out more info about Kim's lessons please email her at Hrhitter19@aol.com
All of Kim's lessons are 1-on-1 and all hitters receive live pitching during their hitting lessons.

This was a post from last year. Great instructor, just not sure if she is still giving lessons
Uncle Rico

by woodmail » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:10 pm

Christy Ring in Orange. Played for the University of Oklahoma. Won a Women's College World Series.
woodmail

by BAM2 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:09 pm

Kim Wuest is still giving lessons out of the OC. She is one of the head coaches for the Choppers 16/18 teams. Her email is still good. Saw her working, while my daughter was in her pitching lessong. Other daughter goes to Jen Schroeder for catching, amazing how much progress she has made under Jen's instruction. We take our catching lesson's out of Softball Connection in H.B.
BAM2
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hot Carl » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:00 pm

softballMom05 wrote:For years I tried different people to give my daughter lessons and got very frustrated... people would tell me I needed to send her to Rico, Jackson, Stith... first of all if I was willing to spend $35-40 per 1/2 hour I surely wanted her to have one on one attention. With some of those instructors they are doing 3-4 girls at the same time and my kid isn't getting the instruction I believe she needed, Plus I think I would love for my daughter to be coached by a woman. You know someone who has played the game and been through all the training! Now don't get me wrong I know these men mentioned above have great success with their travel teams but I still for that amount of money every week would expect that you focus on one kid at a time!

So does anyone know of a woman instructor in OC??? Hitting and Catching??

Dear Toots.
Don't be a man hater.
Come on Sugar, what is wrong with a dude giving lessons?
Ok honey? Give him a chance before you kick him to the curb.
Easy Peasy Japanesey...
Hot Carl

by mdupuy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:02 pm

In OC a female, Chrissy Haines. She pitches to the batter and teaches the batter to think about the next pitch. In LA County, Bobby Medina. He does a great job instructing the kid to think with great results.
mdupuy

by hbsoftball » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:37 am

For YEARS................
Maybe it's not the Instructor?
hbsoftball

by Coachyof5 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:02 am

Yes Kim Wuest is still giving hitting lessons on Anaheim. 714-412-6664. Good Luck!
Coachyof5
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to CA