Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

12U Bracketologist Ranking - Pre ASA Nationals Updated Poll

by la cabra » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:06 pm

The Closer is right it’s too big. From here it’s too easy to qualify. In Texas there are numerous opportunities to get a berth. Qualifiers are going on all the time, then it seems like some berths are just given away. I’m not dogging any teams and I think we will be well represented, but it pretty much seems like anyone who wants to can get it. It also makes the qualifying process seem like not that big of a deal.
la cabra

by access2 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:52 pm

I can understand opportunities to qualify...but pay to play? Maybe, I had not paid attention, but how often has this happened prior to this year.

But based on what I read on Premier, a couple of teams either have entered or allowed to qualify the same way...must be the wave of the future... ;)

More the merrier... :D
access2
Premium Member
Premium Member

by access2 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:14 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
access2 wrote:I can understand opportunities to qualify...but pay to play? Maybe, I had not paid attention, but how often has this happened prior to this year.

But based on what I read on Premier, a couple of teams either have entered or allowed to qualify the same way...must be the wave of the future... ;)

It has happened every year as long as I can remember. Nothing new or different now.

Hmmm...interesting. Now I know for next time I come through 12 u again. ;)
access2
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TheCloser » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:16 pm

access2 wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
access2 wrote:I can understand opportunities to qualify...but pay to play? Maybe, I had not paid attention, but how often has this happened prior to this year.

It has happened every year as long as I can remember. Nothing new or different now.

Spaz, that's not true. Back in the day there were less berths available. You could chase but it was a lot more difficult. Giving out the 12 berths at State is a joke.
TheCloser

by sofbal1234 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:24 pm

TheCloser wrote:
access2 wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:

Spaz, that's not true. Back in the day there were less berths available. You could chase but it was a lot more difficult. Giving out the 12 berths at State is a joke.

As I said... The more berths the more teams the more money! That's all that matters any more!!! MO MONEY, MO MONEY, MO MONEY!!! :o :o :o
sofbal1234

by ontheblack » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:27 pm

If PGF adds 12U next year, it will be even easier to qualify for ASA. It will be like 14s this year where you can finish 17th, but get handed a berth that 5-6 other teams decline.
ontheblack

by PDad » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:58 pm

ontheblack wrote:If PGF adds 12U next year, it will be even easier to qualify for ASA. It will be like 14s this year where you can finish 17th, but get handed a berth that 5-6 other teams decline.

I see your 17th and raise you tied for 24th!

I count at least 10 SoCal 14u teams playing Premier that declined ASA berths.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bracketologist » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:37 pm

12U Top Team Ranking (Bracketologist) – UPDATED PRE NATIONALS JULY 12 RANKINGS

It has been another great softball year. On page one is my last breakdown for Nationals. Good luck to all of the teams and everyone have a safe trip.

:mrgreen: = ASA Nationals Qualified!

One down (12U), and two to go (14U) & (16U)
bracketologist

by sofbal1234 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:43 pm

Looks good Brackey... ;) Just the way we like it!!! :D
sofbal1234

by Gaphitter14 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:10 pm

Love it!!! Fuel for the fire at the right time!!!!!!
Gaphitter14
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA