Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

12U Bracketologist Ranking - Pre ASA Nationals Updated Poll

by onthejuice » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:16 pm

scout team wrote:Thanks for the effort and comments on the rankings. FC 98, OC Batbusters 98, Artesia Punishers and So Cal Breakers do appear to have the strongest pitching. Team Rawlings and Grapettes (Great job at Tirket Toorney) also have very good pitchers. So Cal Athletics have also done well. Have seen many games this season, including several of the Tourneys and there is certainly room for discussion below the top 5 or 6. Ranking for CA 98 is low. Agree that they are not up to past second year 12U teams, but that is primarily due to pitching. They have beaten many of the teams above them already and are getting stronger. Excellent infield, big, strong hitters, with one very good control pitcher (not fast). If they score a solid #1, they will come knocking quickly.

This seems like the prefect opportunity to say, WE ARE LOOKING FOR A "SOLID #1 PITCHER". :lol: :lol: :lol:
onthejuice

by 4girlsmom » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:27 pm

I've been able to watch lots of softball since early September..
Friendies, double headers, tournaments...Enjoying watching so
many girls playing the best sport ever...
Here's my Top 12 in 12U

1. Victory USA - lots of talent to pick from
2. Firecrackers 98- talented girls playing- could switch with #1 at any time
3. USA Athletics-Berouty - outfield has been key in many plays
4. Artesia Punishers 98
5. OCBB 98 -
6. Rawlings - Key Bats at key moments
7. So Cal Breakers 98
8. American Athletics- Miles - again, make key plays right when they need it
9. OCBB99 -
10. Cal Cruisers 98
11. Firecrackers 99-
12. Strike Force 98

Looking forward to a little time off....I'm sure there will be some changes come January!
4girlsmom

by Luther » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:43 pm

4girlsmom wrote:I've been able to watch lots of softball since early September..
Friendies, double headers, tournaments...Enjoying watching so
many girls playing the best sport ever...
Here's my Top 12 in 12U

1. Victory USA - lots of talent to pick from
2. Firecrackers 98- talented girls playing- could switch with #1 at any time
3. USA Athletics-Berouty - outfield has been key in many plays
4. Artesia Punishers 98
5. OCBB 98 -
6. Rawlings - Key Bats at key moments
7. So Cal Breakers 98
8. American Athletics- Miles - again, make key plays right when they need it
9. OCBB99 -
10. Cal Cruisers 98
11. Firecrackers 99-
12. Strike Force 98

Looking forward to a little time off....I'm sure there will be some changes come January!

That is a decent list.. the only team that I disagree with is Cruisers 98.

Cruisers Lost to the Choppers this weekend 8-4.....they then lost to Nemesis 10-1..... I dont know if that qualifies them for top 10.... or top 12 or......
Luther

by lucky » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:31 am

scout team wrote:Thanks for the effort and comments on the rankings. FC 98, OC Batbusters 98, Artesia Punishers and So Cal Breakers do appear to have the strongest pitching. Team Rawlings and Grapettes (Great job at Tirket Toorney) also have very good pitchers. So Cal Athletics have also done well. Have seen many games this season, including several of the Tourneys and there is certainly room for discussion below the top 5 or 6. Ranking for CA 98 is low. Agree that they are not up to past second year 12U teams, but that is primarily due to pitching. They have beaten many of the teams above them already and are getting stronger. Excellent infield, big, strong hitters, with one very good control pitcher (not fast). If they score a solid #1, they will come knocking quickly.

Interesting pitching assessment... was your omission of USA Athletics and Victory intentional? One could argue that those two teams have some of the strongest pitching in 12U...

I'm just sayin'... 8-)
lucky

by scout team » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:28 am

Thank you for pointing out my glaring omission. Truly unintentional - BIG TIME - regarding Victory USA and USA Athletics. Victory is outstanding. Top to bottom they are solid and probabaly a favorite to win Nationals. USA Athletics is also very strong. 12U is a fun division to track this year!
scout team

by scout team » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:58 am

Based on Luther's Top 10, I agree that Cal Cruisers are probably not Top 10 just yet, but they are strong and will get there soon. Both OC Batbusters and CA 98 beat Nemesis handlily at Brenda Marsh Tourney. OC Batbusters and CA 98 tied 0-0 at Tourney in great pitching match up. Word from the fields is that OC Batbusters may be landing another dominant pitcher soon, which could move them up with the elite, i.e., Victory USA and Firecracjers 98, and that CA 98 has beaten Choppers , Strike Force, Double Play and Firecrackers 99 recently, so you might want to keep that No 10 spot open for them.
scout team

by access2 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Brackey...you have been officially replaced... :lol:
access2
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 90630 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:11 pm

Last edited by 90630 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by AlonG4tHeRidE » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Friem
scout team wrote:Based on Luther's Top 10, I agree that Cal Cruisers are probably not Top 10 just yet, but they are strong and will get there soon. Both OC Batbusters and CA 98 beat Nemesis handlily at Brenda Marsh Tourney. OC Batbusters and CA 98 tied 0-0 at Tourney in great pitching match up. Word from the fields is that OC Batbusters may be landing another dominant pitcher soon, which could move them up with the elite, i.e., Victory USA and Firecracjers 98, and that CA 98 has beaten Choppers , Strike Force, Double Play and Firecrackers 99 recently, so you might want to keep that No 10 spot open for them.

Friendlies are just that "Friendlies"!!! To say CA 98 has beaten all these teams so what? Most coaches are out to teach their players game situations and to see how a player/players field at different postions in "Friendlies". So it's not that big of a deal that CA 98 is not considered "Top 10", geez.. it's only Fall!!!!!
AlonG4tHeRidE

by Luther » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:52 pm

scout team wrote:Based on Luther's Top 10, I agree that Cal Cruisers are probably not Top 10 just yet, but they are strong and will get there soon. Both OC Batbusters and CA 98 beat Nemesis handlily at Brenda Marsh Tourney. OC Batbusters and CA 98 tied 0-0 at Tourney in great pitching match up. Word from the fields is that OC Batbusters may be landing another dominant pitcher soon, which could move them up with the elite, i.e., Victory USA and Firecracjers 98, and that CA 98 has beaten Choppers , Strike Force, Double Play and Firecrackers 99 recently, so you might want to keep that No 10 spot open for them.

Actually It was not my ranking... I just reposted and commented on what someone else already posted. I am not qualified, certified, capable, compentent or experienced enough to provide a ranking of my own.
Luther

PreviousNext

Return to CA