Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

12U Bracketologist Ranking - Pre ASA Nationals Updated Poll

by touch_em_all » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:31 pm

This is socal softball not amish country...plus a real coach is judged by the success and growth of his players as athletes and people (physically, mentally, and emotionally) not by the way he wears his hat. John Wooden had his style as did Bobby Knight-one end of the spectrum to the other but both were real coaches with real accomplishments and thats what makes sports so fun and exciting-the diversity of individuals coming together to make something special. Sean's players/parents love him and his peers respect his coaching ability...to h@ll with what Wooden would think...JMO
touch_em_all

by beauty » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:54 pm

touch_em_all wrote:This is socal softball not amish country...plus a real coach is judged by the success and growth of his players as athletes and people (physically, mentally, and emotionally) not by the way he wears his hat. John Wooden had his style as did Bobby Knight-one end of the spectrum to the other but both were real coaches with real accomplishments and thats what makes sports so fun and exciting-the diversity of individuals coming together to make something special. Sean's players/parents love him and his peers respect his coaching ability...to h@ll with what Wooden would think...JMO

Is that you dreamy? Don't worry what all those mean softball people say... I still think you're hot ;)
beauty

by TheCloser » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:12 pm

Some softball moms prefer the mysterious look for their coach. :lol:
Attachments
Pic.JPG
Pic.JPG (15.89 KiB) Viewed 4977 times
TheCloser

by CharlieHough » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:16 pm

touch_em_all wrote:This is socal softball not amish country...plus a real coach is judged by the success and growth of his players as athletes and people (physically, mentally, and emotionally) not by the way he wears his hat. John Wooden had his style as did Bobby Knight-one end of the spectrum to the other but both were real coaches with real accomplishments and thats what makes sports so fun and exciting-the diversity of individuals coming together to make something special. Sean's players/parents love him and his peers respect his coaching ability...to h@ll with what Wooden would think...JMO

Hey one post wonder...take a deep breath and keep sipping on your Kool aid.

I, in no way, said one word about his coaching ability.

Have you ever seen an 18 gold or college coach in the 3rd base box with their hat turned backwards? And to mention a 12u fastpitch coach in the same paragraph as Bobby Knight(c'mon....he can coach but he is a real douchbag) and one of the all time greatest coaches of all time in both the sport and developing young men, is absolutly ridiculous.

Keep on respecting him, you know him far better than I. I don't know him at all.

The only experience I have is seeing him kicking buckets with his hat turned backwards and screaming when thing go wrong.

I miss 12u!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it!

Billy Jack...1971
CharlieHough

by touch_em_all » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:35 pm

CharlieHough wrote:He may be dreamy, but real coaches should wear their hats correctly.....facing foward. John Wooden would not approve.

I'm just saying.

Is that an Intangible??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Real coaches=coaching ability last I checked...btw I'm not making comparison's from one coach to another...I am just stating that everyone has their own style both on and off the field of play...and what works for some may not work for others...seems as though your definition of a real coach seems to differ from mine in that I could care less about how he wears his hat...and as for 18G...look at the different styles of coaching for CA and FC...bucket kicking vs. sitting in an easy chair...diversity...take it in
touch_em_all

by touch_em_all » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:46 pm

bucket kicking vs. sitting in an easy chair is a euphemism not to be taken so literally...the point was that both are really great coaches for reputable organizations with different philosophies on how they manage their teams and conduct themselves...if for one second you thought that in their tenure neither one had ever let their emotions get the best of them in the heat of battle and kicked a bucket...you may be mistaken...doesn't make them bad coaches it only proves that they are human...and back to "real coaches wear their hats facing forward", passing judgement on "someone you don't know at all" is more of a character flaw than his hat wearing style...check your Kool-aid
touch_em_all

by CharlieHough » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:32 pm

touch_em_all wrote:bucket kicking vs. sitting in an easy chair is a euphemism not to be taken so literally...the point was that both are really great coaches for reputable organizations with different philosophies on how they manage their teams and conduct themselves...if for one second you thought that in their tenure neither one had ever let their emotions get the best of them in the heat of battle and kicked a bucket...you may be mistaken...doesn't make them bad coaches it only proves that they are human...and back to "real coaches wear their hats facing forward", passing judgement on "someone you don't know at all" is more of a character flaw than his hat wearing style...check your Kool-aid

The turkey was delicious tonight! lots of family love too! Put DD#2 to bed tonight and looking forward to Chino Hills tomorrow.

If you see a tall handsome gent....with his hat turned, wearing a Heybucket shirt at your game tomorrow....come shake my hand and say hi. I love chatting about the world of softball!

I am sure parents on your team who know me will point me out.

Good luck to the Crackers.
I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it!

Billy Jack...1971
CharlieHough

by HIT & RUN » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:42 pm

Does that mean that a coach that starts with 12-14 players.....Loses 6-8 players....Gets another 6-8 players who are more talented.....is a great coach? So if a coach wants to start a team and gets 10 freakin studs on the team and takes Nationals he's a great coach? I would give the parents of the 10 studs more credit than him.
HIT & RUN

by touch_em_all » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:18 am

-If a coach loses 6-8 players he's probably not a good coach because he obviously didn't teach the game to the expectations of those that left.
-If a coach cuts 6-8 players (that's tricky) he's good for not just keeping them around to
collect their dues while subsequently, by cutting them, allowing them to create opportunity for more playing time somewhere else...but bad because he should have never committed to those 6-8 in the first place.
-And the coach that picked up ten stud players is definitely a good recruiter but only a good coach if he made them studlier to win nationals while teaching his 10 studs to treat the sport and other players with honor, dignity, and respect.

Side note: The USA Olympic team has twice as many studs and even as good as they are still need a good coach...but thanks to the parents for supplying the DNA and the countless hours of practice, lessons, friendlies, and tournaments...it's a huge sacrafice...once again JMO
touch_em_all

by THE KIDD » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:22 am

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving :D :D

And on a side note no hat today just got a Haircut Wednesday 8-)
THE KIDD

PreviousNext

Return to CA