Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

12U Bracketologist Ranking - Pre ASA Nationals Updated Poll

by bracketologist » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:47 pm

Congratulations to Firecrackers 98 – Brashear on winning 12U Nationals.

From the moment you arrived in Alabama you played like a national champion! To all of the girls and coaches - you have now silenced all of the critics.
bracketologist

by Clamato » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:05 pm

PapiBall wrote:
Clamato wrote:
SitOnTheBench wrote:
softball4everandever wrote:What has Victory USA done in the last three months?

Kick a** on everyone and lost to the best 12U pitcher. :evil:

What has Victory won in the last 18 months? I think they are the best 12U team to have never won a 12U tournament.

Victory has been shut out twice by 12U teams this year. Firecrackers has also shown they can be shut down in tournaments. Ask the Grapettes.

I would say Firecrackers deserves the #1 spot because they have the head to head win over Victory and they have tournament championships. They are both very good teams. However, if you are saying they do not need to worry about the rest of the pack, your confidence in them may exceed their ability! JMO

You're right, Victory has never won any of the coveted Triple Crown or USSSA tournaments that are held every weekend. What is that team's problem?

Victory 98 will be known as the greatest team to have never won any 12U tournament! The talent on that team is extrodinary. It's a shame they have been together for two years (in 12U) and never won a single tournament. Maybe they should have done a Triple Crown ;) or USSSA :P

Congratulations to Firecrackers and Victory for making it to the championship and not having all the Texas/Georgia teams on the bucket talking about how they have passed us in the Softball world.

Louisiana - Who Knew :shock:
Clamato

by TheCloser » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:29 pm

Campbell only plays for nationals and the team didn't get it done. At the end of the day, nobody remembers the TCS or USSSA tournaments. That's why he's played in 9 National Title games and won 6.

FC 98 did a good job. Their pitching was awesome in the tournament.
TheCloser

by scout team » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:31 pm

It was a pleasure watching so many young and talented players from across the country compete at Nationals, with the realization that many will be playing Division 1 ball in the not too distant future. While the weather was downright nasty, the play on the field helped parents to forget about the need to change clothes every few minutes, at least for a while.

I agree with you Brackey, FC98 were the class of the field, with Victory a step behind. Both teams are solid, have excellent fielders and are are very well coached. FC98 had the two most dominant pitchers in the field; almost unfair to have added the Lady Lazers pitcher, but boy, oh boy, can that girl paint the outside corner!

Congrats to all teams that finished in the Top 10, especially our own So Cal teams of FC98, Victory, OCBB99 (who saw this one; they were a blast to watch!); OCBB98, very good pitcher, but need some other parts; and CA98, another pleasant surprise, who again advanced without a dominant pitcher, utilizing 2-3 pitchers per game. Good thing they have big bats! I've heard it a few times this past year that a dominant number 1 was headed their way and it never seemed to happen. I keep laughing when onthejuice and sofbal1234 send out their frequent cries for help. They might just get one after their showing in 'Bama.

Kudos to our sisters up north, Tri County Smash, who also played excellent ball before running into VooDoo (no one is sayin' Voo "who" anymore!). Team Rawlings and Breakers were outside the top 10, but also showed well. Just a shame that So Cal had to keep knocking each other out, but that was what was expected all along.

No idea what happend to Punishers and USA Athletics. Punishers were out quick and USA ran into the CA98 buzzsaw. They'll both need to regroup and add some additional parts as they enter 14U. Looks like OC99 will be odds on favorite for 12U next year and FC99 will need to make some adjustments to keep pace.

Hope everyone enjoys a few weeks off before heading back to the fields. Great job again, Brackey.
scout team

by softball4everandever » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:41 pm

Some talented players will be looking for a new team, heard Breakers are down to one '98 team...Williams' is it now for 14u.
softball4everandever

by access2 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:30 pm

Wow, how time flies here in south cal...just last week we were getting ready to watch play what turned out to be a classic game between Crackers and TPS - setting the table to another memorable game the next day against Victory...

The TPS and Tri -county Smash folks are very classy people, and both have great teams. Hawks Judge also presented itself to be a tough team. As for TPS, I really thought we would see them again on Sunday.

I was glad to hang out with some other good south cal folks from Rawlings, and South Cal Athletics. As for us, I think my fellow parents broke the record for beer sales at the corner store.

The days do feel slower in Alabama...but but glad to come home - and do look forward to next year. :D
access2
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ONE FOR THE ROAD » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:42 pm

access2 wrote:Wow, how time flies here in south cal...just last week we were getting ready to watch play what turned out to be a classic game between Crackers and TPS - setting the table to another memorable game the next day against Victory...

The TPS and Tri -county Smash folks are very classy people, and both have great teams. Hawks Judge also presented itself to be a tough team. As for TPS, I really thought we would see them again on Sunday.

I was glad to hang out with some other good south cal folks from Rawlings, and South Cal Athletics. As for us, I think my fellow parents broke the record for beer sales at the corner store.

The days do feel slower in Alabama...but but glad to come home - and do look forward to next year. :D

DID SOME ONE SAY BEER :D I'LL TAKE ONE :lol:
ONE FOR THE ROAD

Previous

Return to CA