Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

18 Gold "50" Classified Teams

by Sftbll4ever » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:35 am

nohesitation wrote:
PDad wrote:Gold Classifiers are NOT championship play.

How did you come to the conclusion that gold qualifiers are not championship play?
I’m hearing second hand information/decisions that support this, however, I’m not finding this in the code.

"Article 508 LEVELS OF CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY. The following are levels of championship
play:

B. National Qualifiers. The association shall conduct national qualifiers in the
following divisions of championship play.

01. Junior Olympic Girls’ Gold 18-Under, Class A 18-Under, 16-Under, 14-Under,
12-Under, 10-Under Fast Pitch.
"

You just answered your own question. You stated Classifier and bolded Qualifier. They are two different tournaments. The classifier is only to classify a team as Gold. Once the are classified as Gold, they can now go to the Qualifier to gualify for Nationals.
Sftbll4ever

by Sftbll4ever » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:40 am

Great minds I guess!!! ;)
Sftbll4ever

by nohesitation » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:16 pm

Ok, but it states in the Yellow Book…….

18U Gold Classification Tournament Rules:

2. So Cal ASA championship rules in effect.
“I have been loving you too long to stop now.” Otis Redding
nohesitation

by nohesitation » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:05 pm

So let me get this straight,

18U Gold Classification tourneys are not considered championship play, however, all the rules of championship play are in effect.

Do I have it?
nohesitation

by Sftbll4ever » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:11 pm

nohesitation wrote:So let me get this straight,

18U Gold Classification tourneys are not considered championship play, however, all the rules of championship play are in effect.

Do I have it?

Yes. You can go to a tournament not sanctioned by ASA and the rules can say ASA rules are in affect. This does not make it an ASA tournament.

In that case, they are just talking playing rules.
Sftbll4ever

by nohesitation » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:19 pm

Sftbll4ever wrote:
nohesitation wrote:So let me get this straight,

Do I have it?

Yes. You can go to a tournament not sanctioned by ASA and the rules can say ASA rules are in affect. This does not make it an ASA tournament.

In that case, they are just talking playing rules.

This is more than some random event using ASA playing rules.

In this case it is a ASA sanctioned event, using So Cal ASA championship rules. It has guide lines in the code that make amendments to championship play, but include championship play rules.

There seems to be some gray rule areas between ASA classified and qualifying events. If ASA intent was “rules” meaning “playing rules” as opposed to “regulation rules” then have them say it. I don’t think they can be separated simply by adding an adjective in front of rules.

Like I said before ASA is treating this tournament as non-championship play. Using championship play rules as opposed to non-championship rules.

If you put the ASA rules and regulations in a flow-chart you’d find a endless loop.
nohesitation

by hotwheels » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:52 pm

heretostay wrote:If you put the ASA rules and regulations in a flow-chart you’d find a endless loop.

If you put how ASA is ran in a basket you will find a basket full of SH%t

You are on fire today!!
hotwheels

by PDad » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:47 pm

So Cal ASA updated the list of Gold teams. There are a few other changes besides Power Surge replacing AAs:

Removed: 2 teams that went to 18G Nats last year, So Cal Athletics and Pumas.

Added: OC Elite-Christina and RBI Monarchs.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bigchez44 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:32 am

Wow..so Batbusters and Cruisers are no longer "GOLD" teams? I couldn't find either of them on the "List" :o
bigchez44
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:15 am

bigchez44 wrote:Wow..so Batbusters and Cruisers are no longer "GOLD" teams? I couldn't find either of them on the "List" :o

Neither are SD Renegades-Tillet nor So Cal Choppers. All 6 of the teams that relinquished their automatic Gold classifications have berths to PGF.

Remaining Gold teams with automatic classifications (6): CA-Tyson, Explosion, So Cal Breakers, TNL, Valley Breeze and Firecrackers-Rico. All but TNL have PGF berths.

Teams with PGF berths that classified as Gold through tournaments (2): American Pastime and Cal Raiders.

Teams with PGF berths that didn't try to classify as Gold (3): Cal Lite, Combat Panthers and Victory USA.

It will be interesting to see how many of the Gold teams without a PGF berth enter the PGF qualifier(s) and what they do if they get one.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA