Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Tryouts/Open Work outs

by BucketBoss » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:09 pm

the Legacy 12U team folded and seems that majority of those girls are now on TNL. SD has become too watered down in travel in 12 and 14. very few quality teams left because of this. Aztec, Power Surge and Breakers seem to have the most talent along with quality coaching.[/quote]

Anyone know if this is the case? I thought they just conducted tryouts on the 9th.
BucketBoss

by thenation » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:02 pm

I did hear that legacy did fold but not sure about the TNL thing I was told most were going to renagades, any truth to the rummor that number 7 ranked breakers moved some of it's
existing players to the new un ranked breakers team ?
thenation

by ReubenKincaid » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:06 pm

many moving parts

SoCal Breakers moved some players from Imoto's 12u team to new Sieber 12u team and have recruited talent, including top player from Renegades 97 to Imoto. Breakers will be tough.

Legacy 12u folded. Many now on TNL. TNL looking to have two 12u teams plus three 14u teams.

Smaller, independent organizations dissolving and more established orgs absorbing them.

I heard (but have not confirmed) Renegades 98 is gonzo.... and Renegades 97 was struggling to fill roster, but supposedly had a good turnout for tryouts last weekend.

It is still super early. I expect more movement in next few weeks and then things to solidify in February.
ReubenKincaid

by bracketologist » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:10 pm

ReubenKincaid wrote:many moving parts

SoCal Breakers moved some players from Imoto's 12u team to new Sieber 12u team and have recruited talent, including top player from Renegades 97 to Imoto. Breakers will be tough.

Legacy 12u folded. Many now on TNL. TNL looking to have two 12u teams plus three 14u teams.

It is still super early. I expect more movement in next few weeks and then things to solidify in February.

3 TNL 14u Teams? Is there enough talent in San Diego to support three competitive teams or did an organization transfer over?

#7 So Cal Breakers - Imoto should improve after the pick-up of new players. Still I'll wait to see if it works out after their 1st tourney. Everyone (parents/players) are always happy during friendlies... it is the tourney's that hurt the players pride and the parents ego......
bracketologist

by Dropn N » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:35 pm

3 TNL 14u Teams? Is there enough talent in San Diego to support three competitive teams or did an organization transfer over?

Thats BIG money in someones pocket! Roughly $21,000.00 a year
Dropn N

by Coffeequeen » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:03 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
Dropn N wrote:

How do you figure? Is someone from TNL getting paid to coach or taking a cut from the team dues?

Not sure how they could put money in their pocket when they are a registered non profit organization...that would be a shame if they did. Aren't most teams/organizations registered as 501(C)3?
Coffeequeen

by ReubenKincaid » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:44 pm

Don't jump to any conclusions. All the dues are reinvested in the girls... more tournaments and friendlies, more equipment to buy, more field time to rent, etc.
ReubenKincaid

by virtuososcene » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:02 pm

Good Luck to all the 2010 12U Teams as it is going to be a tough season.

If TNL 12U has that #1 Pitcher from Legacy 97 then, they will be a Huge Contender...

Hopefully, Renegades 97 had a huge turn-out last weekend because they were
the team to Beat last year.

I don't understand muppet talk (gonzo), but Renegades 98 is still in effect.
"Many know...Few do..."
virtuososcene

by Skarp » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:47 pm

Coffeequeen wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
Dropn N wrote:

How do you figure? Is someone from TNL getting paid to coach or taking a cut from the team dues?

Not sure how they could put money in their pocket when they are a registered non profit organization...that would be a shame if they did. Aren't most teams/organizations registered as 501(C)3?

I don't care if they're building houses on the hill off of the dues. That's between them and the folks writing the checks.

And lots of people make money working for non-profits. Nothing untoward about it.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by thenation » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:55 pm

I took my DD to the TNL open work out last week and from what I can tell is that there is a one time fee to join the team covers 2 sets of uniforms, 2 practice shirts, helmet and bat bag
cost per month is around 155.00 through August.
thenation

PreviousNext

Return to CA