Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

The Golden State.

by ocfibell » Mon May 21, 2018 12:35 pm

I have said before that 10's & 12's are the most fun to watch. For the simple fact that you can see the girls develop from month to month as they learn the game and develop physically and mentally. With all the online rankings, PGF, TCS, qualifiers, good coach, bad coach, etc.. It is easy to loose sight of what California has to offer when it comes to girls softball. In my opinion California has it all. You can find a team, coach, organization for any skill set and develop from there. Many of the big organizations have multiple teams that offer the same training and mind set with players that are on the same level. Our DD is not the top 1% or even the top 10%, but she is 100% in love with the game. We have had good and bad experience's on and off the field. Made and lost friends, plenty of success and failure. All of which our family has grown from. HB has provided me with amusement, insight and some blind sides. And after a few years of hanging around I would suggest to any new travel ball parent this... Have patients, do your research and don't loose sight of what you are here for. Listen because its free. Don't judge without being able to justify. Developing a player takes time with any system, chose carefully and thoughtfully. A former coach once told me that the single best thing you can tell your child is " I love watching you play". We are a tight knit group that Hates and Loves, succeeds and fails, rises and falls with each other. In the end the reason for this post (forgive me for the above as it is my feelings and thoughts just thrown out there) is to thank the Softball community that we have become a part of.

I for one can not wait for July when we can watch the nations best teams come battle it out for #1 in all age groups. Then go home and sleep in my own bed.
ocfibell
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hinky » Mon May 28, 2018 6:26 pm

Good read! thanks for posting that!
Hinky

by C77fastpitch » Mon May 28, 2018 10:31 pm

Your are certainly correct about the vast amount of opportunity California offers young softball players. California has everything, the vast amount of teams and coaches boggles your mind. Like you mentioned though it does take research. I'm in that phase at the present time, its exciting exploring different styles, philosophies, and training principles.My DD is playing 10u and is a very good pitcher, she loves to pitch and train with her coaches. I played softball, but didn't pitch, or have private training, these things are new to me and I'm not all that old. I'm learning quite a bit from a lot of experts, and hope this will translate into a better experience for my daughter. As long as she continues to love this sport I will help her as much as possible. (Who are some of the top pitching coaches in Central or Southern California?)
C77fastpitch

by bigclemdawg » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:56 am

best pitching coach is the 6U dad on the bucket IMHO
bigclemdawg
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to CA