Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

True softball movement

by C77fastpitch » Fri May 25, 2018 3:28 pm

Thanks Backnine! Interesting information. When I want to learn something, I like going to the top. A close friend of mine, studies these things. He happens to be a noted professional and top rated science teacher, with a Dr by his name. So, thanks Backnine, interesting material. I like open mines and a conversation that is respectful.
C77fastpitch

by C77fastpitch » Fri May 25, 2018 3:58 pm

Guestions to ponder 1) Does a rise ball jump or merely go up according to the speed of the pitch. 2) Were is the swerve movement in softball that a baseball appears to have?3) Were is the overall late movement, watch the NCAA finals? 4) Why is the mound in MLB 12inch off the ground? Please have an open mind and answer these questions. The pitchers in NCAA softball are extremely talented, but do not throw the movement that people think they do, its really a fact, no late movement. Speed, the change of speed, and the fact that good pitchers can disguise what they are doing, these are the true weapon of great pitchers. Watch the video of the curve ball, that isn't a late break! It starts moving left out of the pitchers hand and continues nicely in that direction, good pitch though. A final question- Why do most champion men softball pitchers only throw 3 pitches, the rise, drop, and change-up. I guess there should be an explanation of what sudden movement means, and what it means to different people. Sudden movement to me means a straight pitch suddenly moving one way or the other at the plate. A ball moving or swaying in one direction to me is not sudden movement although it maybe hard to hit. There is scientifically no pitch in softball where a ball is thrown in one path, then at the plate moves in the opposite direction, sudden movement.
C77fastpitch

Previous

Return to CA