Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

hit by pitch rule, free base

by Hinky » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:59 pm

yes getting hit on a bone vs meaty area is definitely worse. and that is part of the point i am making, batters can shatter their foot and ankle if they don't make an attempt to get out of the way.
so no real comment on the rule dfference?, just to add... i like aggressiveness in the sport and injuries are part of it, IMO there are a lot of rule changes they have made to try and make it safer that have taken part of competition away. competition includes being aggressive towards making a play and can create injury. Now some rules take away from that part of being competitive. Like sliding to purposely take out a defensive player from making a double play. I'm saying that because I don't think the rule is wrong simply because it can create injuries, IMO. Liked it better when the batter had to make an attempt to get out of the way. certainly there are pitchers who are not as aggressive on the inside pitch because of this rule change. Maybe that was part of the rule change. also to create more runners and make it more exciting for fans. Like moving the pitching mound back 3 more feet and creating a ball that has more flight. I like the brush back pitch which now batters just lean into and sure if it's going to hit them in the ass easy to turn their leg into it.
Come'on you've seen it ;)
Hinky

by Chin Music » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:08 pm

Kinda up in the air on the rule change. Learned along time ago that if you’re facing someone that can bring it your not able to get out of the way anyway so don’t worry about it.
Now as a pitcher I’d like to see them dance a little!
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by C77fastpitch » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:09 am

This game is played by kids. Kids that can carry the scares of thoughtless coaches or delinquent pitchers. Teach are children well, teach them to play hard but safely with respect for the game, their teammates and opposing players. Teach them to understand the welfare of other people is of the highest calling, and far outranks any outcome on the sporting field.
C77fastpitch

by Hinky » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:22 am

At friendlies sunday. Umpire took the job seriously. not only called batter's out for stepping out of the box while hitting the ball. But also two RH batters on the same team were not awarded first base when they got hit in the leg by the pitch. each batter had started with their toes on the inside line of the batter's box and bent their knee into the pitch. when coach complained loudly Umpire said "cant move into the pitch"
just adding detail to the story the Batters were not trying to turn away from getting hit and they were not swinging. Just bent leg forward. in between innings a dad commented to the umpire questioning his call. Umpire replied " body has to be in the batters box, you cannot move your body out of the box that includes leaning"
thank you blue!!
Hinky

by C77fastpitch » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:13 pm

These kids were coached to do this. What low life coach would take a chance on hurting the knees of her/his players.
C77fastpitch

by C77fastpitch » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:43 pm

Spazsdad- Unfortunately you haven't changed. Do you even know what the word drama means, I don't think you do. I could answer your post if it made sense. Here's a guess, are you trying to suggest that all the players the other poster is talking about stood like he described on their own.They could have, but wouldn't even a reasonably intelligent person find their actions too obvious to be coincidental? I guess the key phrase here is,"reasonably intelligent."
C77fastpitch

Previous

Return to CA